JoeHemi57

12" rl-p vs 12" avalanche (specs only)

i donno man...all i know is that with AA dropin their prices like its hot, i'm gonna get myself a ava 15 to match up with my rlp 15 also...

HOTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

joe, I talked to ya via PM on SD, I feel the RL-p might be a little better, but it is all install and up to what your ears like,

I am tempted to grab some Atlas'

I went ahead and ordered the avalanche, too. I'll use whichever sounds better to me and i have a feeling i won't have any trouble selling one of them if it comes down to it.

i donno man...all i know is that with AA dropin their prices like its hot, i'm gonna get myself a ava 15 to match up with my rlp 15 also...

HOTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

They slashed prices again because they will no longer be doing XBL drivers because of some dumb ass comments adire made.

yes sir eeeeeeee

for $225, how could u go wrong?

i donno...i'm gonna have to maybe debate about the single 15 ava or 2 atlas 15's now... :wacko:

They slashed prices again because they will no longer be doing XBL drivers because of some dumb ass comments adire made.

:lol2: Are you serious? You wouldn't be referring to the comments Dan made, illuding that Adire is the only builder truly capable of using XBL^2 to its full potential, would you? :lol: .. nevermind, I just saw the statement on AA's website.

Ah, so funny how the drama swings with us humans. Part of our condition I suppose :P

In so far as the Avalanche versus the RL-p. Pretty damn close I'd say. So close, that I would not want to call one better than the other, as it will literally come down to the individual box and listening environment no matter how you slice it, imho.

keep in mind a TC9 motor is going to have a different kind of sound (albeit very clean) than an XBL^2 motor,

my ears prefer the previous of the two, I enjoy more presence from my subs

Indeed, this is very true.

Something that I think is a great selling point for that matter, thanks for mentioning it! :+1::lol2:

The reason for this added "presence" or "warmth" as many tend to call it, is the 2nd order harmonic distortion. The 2nd harmonics are actually desireable in my opinion, because they do flesh out the sound a bit, and are by no means unpleasing to the ear.. quite the opposite! It is the 3rd order and higher harmonic distortion that begins to grate upon the ear drum... but fear not, because the RL-p and RL-i drivers are built such that 2nd harmonic distortion is really all you'll get, with the higher orders so heavily minimized that they are essentially null and void :ph34r: :ready2go: B)

Indeed, this is very true. 

Something that I think is a great selling point for that matter, thanks for mentioning it!  :+1:  :lol2:

The reason for this added "presence" or "warmth" as many tend to call it, is the 2nd order harmonic distortion.  The 2nd harmonics are actually desireable in my opinion, because they do flesh out the sound a bit, and are by no means unpleasing to the ear.. quite the opposite!  It is the 3rd order and higher harmonic distortion that begins to grate upon the ear drum... but fear not, because the RL-p and RL-i drivers are built such that 2nd harmonic distortion is really all you'll get, with the higher orders so heavily minimized that they are essentially null and void  :ph34r:  :ready2go:  B)

i honestly do not really know what you just said mike but i know this is true:

when i had my 2 jl 12w3's, and the 2 12w0's, my fricken head would hurt even if the daym thing was not even turned all the way up...

my new rlp does not do anything like this at all...all i hear is pure music...and loud @ss bass...my head and ears don't feel like they are going to bleed...

NOT kidding...you can say that this is all in my head but i swear its the truth...

after i read what u wrote, that thought brought me back to that...

that is true, appearance being a factor sometimes, the RL-p wins, not to mention, if you ask him nicely Mike will sign it for ya ;)

even if the ava 12 would be better, i rather buy from mike since hes more of a peoples person, atleast he comes on here everyday and talks to us and all, and not to mention he helps some of us, something ive never seen. only the truth.

even if the ava 12 would be better, i rather buy from mike since hes more of a peoples person, atleast he comes on here everyday and talks to us and all, and not to mention he helps some of us, something ive never seen. only the truth.

x2 :+1:

WE <3 U MIKE :wub::wackit: :icon_punani: :grouphug:

I've got both ordered and appearence isn't a factor in my install only performance. Whichever performs better i'll keep and i'll probably keep the other, too. :finger:

That is the exact reason I am buying from Soundsplinter. I was about to snag an AA avalanche, and at the same time I was reading these boards. I sent both Ascendant Audio and Mike and email withen the same hour. (several days ago). And since than I have already recieved 2 or so and sent a few back to mike... and have not got a reply from AA.

The fact that he takes the time to talk to his buyers/potential buyers/n00b forum trolls makes it hard to buy from anywear else.

Mike is just too good, just buy off him... he deserves it.

his customer courtesy is what swayed me...

i sent mike and re an email the same day...it was either the rl-p 12 or the xxx12 (which i got later and have since sold), i still haven't recieved an email from re...mike and i chat regularly...and i haven't looked back!!

i'm sure other companies have their own way of doing things...personally, i like mike's.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Yep, Mike is a very cool guy.

SS has great customer service, thats why i like them. And the subs arent to shabby either ;)

Aww.. I feel so special :joshers3:

Bur really, thanks for the kind words - tis always nice to feel appreciated :)

.. and that off the wall 'seekers of punani' graemlin is fridgin' hillarious! lol.gif