greenskier420

Need help matching an amp to new sub

My dads sending me a new Fi BL15 in a month or so and he's leaving it up to me to find an amp to match its 1000w rms. It has the dual 2-ohm coil option also. I'm trying to find a decent amp that will push it for under $200, i know its a stretch, but if anybody can help me out I'd appreciate it.

Under $200 Probably Isn't Going To Cut It...Unless Hi(Crap)fonics Is Your Thing.

Under $200 Probably Isn't Going To Cut It...Unless Hi(Crap)fonics Is Your Thing.

Well if $200 won't cut it, what would you recommend that would be lighter on my wallet?

sundown audio is having a really good sale right now. i'd go with the SAZ-1000D for only $280.. only $80 over budget :) that is a effin deal! and one of the best amps in its class on the market. good customer service and an overall just good company

Go With The Sundown

sundown audio is having a really good sale right now. i'd go with the SAZ-1000D for only $280.. only $80 over budget smile.gif that is a effin deal! and one of the best amps in its class on the market. good customer service and an overall just good company

Go With The Sundown

x2 ;)

sundown audio is having a really good sale right now. i'd go with the SAZ-1000D for only $280.. only $80 over budget smile.gif that is a effin deal! and one of the best amps in its class on the market. good customer service and an overall just good company

Go With The Sundown

x2 ;)

x3

good amp that puts out more then rated power with a nice electrical.

Go With The Sundown

x2 ;)

x3

x4

or you can get an aq1200 for $249, cant go wrong with either amp and good luck

:WELCOME:

i feel a little smart haha but not really. someone else would've though of that

View Postkirill007, on 08 July 2009 - 01:49 PM, said:

View PostDeepSubBoy, on 08 July 2009 - 08:28 PM, said:

View Postmbarber25, on 08 July 2009 - 07:57 AM, said:

sundown audio is having a really good sale right now. i'd go with the SAZ-1000D for only $280.. only $80 over budget Posted Image that is a effin deal! and one of the best amps in its class on the market. good customer service and an overall just good company

Go With The Sundown

x2 ;)

x3

x4

or you can get an aq1200 for $249, cant go wrong with either amp and good luck

x5 for the sundown. I own the saz1000D and it definitely puts out the power, and have no problems with it getting hot even in the summer on a 1 ohm load, unlike some other cheep brands

Sundown >>>>> AQ

Other option is used.

Welcome .... :drink40:

You could also check out db-r.com for quality refurbished Sundown amplifiers.

haha you guys are hilarious, its just sundown or nothing.

Sundown goes down as one of the greats but its not the only thing out their, just try to help the dude with a good quality amp in his price range. He stated his goals and his budget which is limited, at least giving him options instead of one company and one company only (let him decide just give people better options and choices).

The cheapest pound for pound great amplifiers out their are Sundown and Aq. Kicker and Rockford would work but are too expensive especially for you price range.

Audioque AQ1200D New $249.00

Sundown Sae-1000D Refurbished $275.00

Sundown Saz-1000d Refurbished $275.00

Sundown Saz-1000D New $280.00

Sundown Saz-1000d new would be the best route to go, if you can save an extra $80 or more bucks before the end of July then you will have a great piece of equipment but if not (considering these bad economic times) then your less expensive solutions would work too.

Edited by jay-cee

haha you guys are hilarious, its just sundown or nothing.

Sundown goes down as one of the greats but its not the only thing out their, just try to help the dude with a good quality amp in his price range. He stated his goals and his budget which is limited, at least giving him options instead of one company and one company only (let him decide just give people better options and choices).

The cheapest pound for pound great amplifiers out their are Sundown and Aq. Kicker and Rockford would work but are too expensive especially for you price range.

Audioque AQ1200D New $249.00

Sundown Sae-1000D Refurbished $275.00

Sundown Saz-1000d Refurbished $275.00

Sundown Saz-1000D New $280.00

Sundown Saz-1000d new would be the best route to go, if you can save an extra $80 or more bucks before the end of July then you will have a great piece of equipment but if not (considering these

bad economic times) then your less expensive solutions would work too.

I don't recall this being an AQ, Kicker or RF forum! Yes it is a car audio forum but we support the vendors that are here. Yes there are other quality brands out there, but we suggest what has worked well and reliable.

you know that your absolutely right clap.gif

Edited by jay-cee

I'd definitely take a Kicker well before an AQ. Not Sundown all the time, but I'd personally never own an AQ so when those were the two choices plopped up it is rather a no brainer.

i understand and thats why i said AQ1200d since I have had experience with them and kicker was out his budget completely. I would rather him go that route at least before he gets into the cheap mainstreams

Edited by jay-cee

Hey thanks everybody for the input on the amp. I just ordered the SAZ1000d today and pretty soon I'll be working on a new box for the bl15 in my 4runner. Does anybody know the recommended size of a ported box for the bl15? I know it says 3-5 cubic ft on the specs. but thats pretty vague, so if anybody knows a more accurate volume I'd appreciate the info.