sundownz

12x Sundown SA-12s !

CIMG2410.JPG

CIMG2411.JPG

CIMG2412.JPG

CIMG2413.JPG

CIMG2414.JPG

Paul Strouth's Jeep.

Currently doing 153.1 dB @ 35 Hz sealed on the dash on the TL with an American Bass 1000.1 wired to 1.33 DCR per "side" (as it is two amps in one).

Power not measured but the subs are moving maybe 1/2-3/4 inch P-P wired at that load.

Derrick will be in shortly with more pictures and pictures of the TL screen :)

Port is 288 in^2 tuned to around 44 Hz "on paper" but peaks at 35 hz in the vehicle.

Roughly 20.4 cubes after port displacement for the box... so after sub displacement just a hair over 1.5 per sub.

---

We tested it in an open warehouse section of the shop... and it did a number on my office :

100_3488.jpg

---

153.1 @ 35 Hz run

We'll get more up as soon as we can of music and whatnot.

wiat did i miss something here... you guys got 153db for a burp on 12subs but on 2 12inch subs you got 154db's?

plus you have a 10k amp there?

wiat did i miss something here... you guys got 153db for a burp on 12subs but on 2 12inch subs you got 154db's?

That video is of Jacob's set up <4 SA 12s>154.3 @48hzs........this vehicle did a 153.1 @35 hzs

and we are pretty sure the amp is tapped out with rise and @ that DCR

i say 3 3500 should drop right in there :)

My setup has four SA-12s and has done as much as 154.7 dB @ 47 hz with my 3500s wired down pretty low (around 0.3 DCR each)

Paul's does 153.1 at 35 hz (that is -- we designed it for music playing at LOW frequencies. Also, his amps (The AB 1000.1 is two 500.1s in one case - we wired each separate) are seeing 1.3 DCR each (close to 2 ohms nominal) so the power is quite low per driver.

video while playing music?

We didn't get to upload last night -- Derrick has the memory card from the camera so I will link when he uploads them.

My setup has four SA-12s and has done as much as 154.7 dB @ 47 hz with my 3500s wired down pretty low (around 0.3 DCR each)

Paul's does 153.1 at 35 hz (that is -- we designed it for music playing at LOW frequencies. Also, his amps (The AB 1000.1 is two 500.1s in one case - we wired each separate) are seeing 1.3 DCR each (close to 2 ohms nominal) so the power is quite low per driver.

one 1000.1?

Paul lives a couple states away so we don't see each other often. Maybe he or someone will get some vids from the Meca event in TN this weekend.

We put in two SAZ-3500Ds to replace the AB 1000.1 -- the 3500s WILL run wired down to the lower load :

CIMG2466.JPG

CIMG2465.JPG

CIMG2464.JPG

1.7 dB gain :)

Seems to me if you wanna bang on a budget, it don't get no better than them SA-12's

nice!!! that is 1.7db gain on less power!! very cool!

I got home a little bit ago from a comp today where Paul hit 155.1db @ 35hz with this setup. I have a few vids of his truck including his 155.1db run. The most impressive thing of the night was when he was demoing some music and made the sensors red light during Bass Race eliminations from 25ft or so away. The sensor inside Walt's sealed car was reading 122db from 25ft or so away from Paul's truck playing music.

Pauls jeep is SICK!!! I saw it today at a Meca show. He did a 155.0 in X2 class, and a over a 131 in Drive By.

I did get some Vids, I will post them soon. I have never seen a vehicle flex that much.

the video while playing music, does not make the very idea

it would take a better video

Edited by kkk4