BILTD

Ascendant Audio Chevy Astro

WOW!

You know you got flex when you have stress cracks in the engine compartment!

:drink40:

Video produced by Reelmotion from the ACE Cafe meet few weeks back :)

If you cant hack the sick ass VWs/BMWs/Audis/MERCs... fwd to 3:13

Edited by BILTD

Very Nice BILTD,

I have a question,

I'm a bit confuse here, how do you tune a port like this? because i don't see the port length in the port, does the sub baffle act as the port length?

what determine the port length here or how you tune a port like this?

Thanks,

Aruman.

Great Vids!! Now I guess ya gotta brace the core support under the hood?

Very Nice BILTD,

I have a question,

I'm a bit confuse here, how do you tune a port like this? because i don't see the port length in the port, does the sub baffle act as the port length?

what determine the port length here or how you tune a port like this?

Thanks,

Aruman.

The Clamshell creates what I would call a Phantom port length. The port is calculated on port area and box volume. In my case 462 sq.in of Port and around 65-70 cubes. Nets us a tuning of around 28-32Hz give or take.. This is with 0" port length. The Clam itself is is around 40" long if we measured the angle/slopes. The distance from the end of the port to the back of the enclosure is 20" (it was 30" reduced it to raise tuning and stop the windsheild from breaking every time we went over 158+)

So, in my case any port length drops the tuning. This is not to say it wont gain me, It might. The enclosure is far from finished. We have a bunch of tweaks to make and test with and without port length, try some phase plugs and 45s.. A combo of these or few of them will gain us, but this year was about having fun and making a noise.. we'll be working on things over winter for dB Drag next season.. So WATCH THIS SPACE ;)

People are watching, that is for sure. :)

Dear god, I just read this whole thread. This is amazing, I wish you were in the states, I would love to see something like this in person.