slappers

def. of sq??

I've been going back and forth between what subs to get for about a year now, and still have no idea what to get. So my ? is, what is everyone's def of sq, meaning whats the difference is sound? Between the audioque hdc, ia dp, nightshade, xcon, everyone wrote back xcon ftw, but when I look on audioque's website, they have a guy winning sq comps, Nick at ia said they have ppl running dp for sq, I've read nightshades were better than those two, and the xcon would have the best sq, but mabye not have the spl as the others???

I think the sub will go as low as the fs?? maybe lower, so the xcon ftw.... but I want to make sure its the loudest as possible too.

I'm guessing I will have to sacrifice one for the other, but don't really want to.

From what I've read, rd audio alpha max would be perfect, but I haven't cared for their c/s and I want to support one of the companies on this forum bcuz the c/s has been so great and I've been learning so much.

Thanks for any input

sound quality installs are more about tweeters, mid base, and processing and how they are actually installed in the vehicle. If you going after a great SQ vehicle. Subwoofers should be the last thing your worry about. Fi Q, and xcon are both good sq subs. There are many others good sq subs but those 2 are the only ones i have heard.

Let me move this to the speaker/sub woofer section where it will be more at home. :)

sound quality installs are more about tweeters, mid base, and processing and how they are actually installed in the vehicle. If you going after a great SQ vehicle. Subwoofers should be the last thing your worry about. Fi Q, and xcon are both good sq subs. There are many others good sq subs but those 2 are the only ones i have heard.

True. Sub bass is the last thing on your list in a sound quality install.

What you want is for it to sound good, any of those subs will do that for you in the right allignment.

As a SQ competitor and World Champion, I can tell you the "real" definition of SQ. It's a judgement of how accurately the system reproduces the music. The goal is to make the car sound as close to the real performance as possible. If the singer was standing center stage during the recording, they should be out in front of you and center in the car. As for subs, it's not as cut and dry as some people make it sound. I have the IA Flatlynes in my car this year. They have plenty of output, but more importantly, they are extremely accurate. A deep bass guitar sounds like a deep bass guitar, not a boom. A concert bass drum actually sounds like a drum, not just boom. In my car, you can actually feel the bass guitar string, the impact of the mallet on the bass drum, the edges of a thunder clap. It's truly something you have to experience for yourself. I switched to the Flatlyne during my search for a sub that could reproduce bass below 20hz and do it with accuracy and realism. Below 20hz is more about the "feel" than sound. The IA Flatlyne does the job very well.

There was a Money round SQ competition this past Sunday in Nashville TN. "The Vinny". Two of the top 3 cars were running Incriminator subs. Mine being one of them. It's safe to say Incriminator Audio is gaining ground in the world of SQ compeition.

If you're competing then the definition changes per judges.

If you're just buying it to listen to music how you want to, then it's definition is whatever sounds good to you.

Thanks. This is more of what I was asking. The front stage is focal krx2 6.5 so its good enough. If I need more, I'll buy some midbass off of the ssa website for under $100 and some tweeters from somewhere.... any sugg would be helpful

I have done an install for a audioque hdc12 for a coworker and it sounds pretty good. The upper bass freq doesn't sound as good as I would like, but the lows where great and everything shakes!!! I will be doing more installs for coworkers since they love what I've done from companies they've never heard from, but I don't want any of them out doing me!!! lol as far as sq and spl. Thats y I want to move up from my two 10 w7's to 15's or 1 18. Since everything is install dependent, I know its a hard choice.... I think I can fit two 15's, amp(s) is/are mmats 3500.1 2700 watts at 1 ohm which I can always have the gain turned all the way down as to not burn the voice coils...

The person that explained about the flatlyne subs is more of what I was talking about... So the hdc, ia dp, and nightshade would be more of a boom, whereas the xcon, flatlyne, and death row, are more true sounding(accurate reproduction) of music??

If so, which 15's would be best out of those three? I'm assuming all three are great but I just want to have the best :-) fing05.gif

If you are truly worried about SQ, save your money and 86 the sub idea completely and put a lot more time and effort into your front stage. I guarantee that is what will gain you the most SQ. As for a sub, the "best" SQ installation will be one where you do not even know there is a sub at all.

Yep, you can't show it off since it will be completely acoustically invisible.

Sarcasm aside, I really actually doubt this is what you are after. If you truly are, great sorry I misjudged you but 99.999% of the people that ask that question on the internet are not so I apologize for the assumptions. To answer your question thouhg the group you listed that is installed by the best installer will sound "best". That being said, buy the brand that makes you the happiest. :)

Oh, and eff AQ. IMO.

Great response!!!! Usually you come off pretty rude, and then you have to apoligize for being rude lol and then say you get tired of the same boner questions!!! SO that's one of the reason I asked a this vs. that in a different way. Me 4 the MFW hahaha. But on the real, that's more of the response I was looking for. So what speakers do you recommend for the front stage? since my $800 focal set isn't gud enough :-( lol thanks again

Great response!!!! Usually you come off pretty rude, and then you have to apoligize for being rude lol and then say you get tired of the same boner questions!!! SO that's one of the reason I asked a this vs. that in a different way. Me 4 the MFW hahaha. But on the real, that's more of the response I was looking for. So what speakers do you recommend for the front stage? since my $800 focal set isn't gud enough :-( lol thanks again

I don't think he was saying your front stage components weren't good enough.. I think he simply meant that you should stop putting time and effort into worrying yourself about a sub choice and get to work putting that time and effort into getting the front stage done and done right =).

It's not just the speakers in the front stage that make it sound good, I have never the comps that you are running but I am sure that they can sound good. A proper Front stage is all in the installation and tunning.