Lancer_Lot02

Does anyone have a HO Alt on a 4 groove belt?

I have a 4 groove belt on my lancer and I've been told buy a HO Alt dealer that If I chose a 200 amp unit I would experience belt slip. Does anyone here have a 200 amp alt or higher on a 4 groove belt? If so, does the belt slip on you? I was informed that 150 amp unit would work fine. My stock alt is 85 amperes.

I'll be running a Sundown 2000D plus a component amp (undecided which one). Would 150 amp unit and a PowerMaster D3100 + front battery be sufficient power for me?

I have a 4 groove belt on my lancer and I've been told buy a HO Alt dealer that If I chose a 200 amp unit I would experience belt slip. Does anyone here have a 200 amp alt or higher on a 4 groove belt? If so, does the belt slip on you? I was informed that 150 amp unit would work fine. My stock alt is 85 amperes.

I'll be running a Sundown 2000D plus a component amp (undecided which one). Would 150 amp unit and a PowerMaster D3100 + front battery be sufficient power for me?

all you have to do is get a smaller belt that simple go to auto zone after figuring how small you need mite be 2.5 inches or so depending on the number of reduction pulleys you are using mite take 2-3 belts be for you get the correct one so just go with a cheap belt till you find the proper size some are like $30 were other are like $12.99

all you have to do is get a smaller belt that simple go to auto zone after figuring how small you need mite be 2.5 inches or so depending on the number of reduction pulleys you are using mite take 2-3 belts be for you get the correct one so just go with a cheap belt till you find the proper size some are like $30 were other are like $12.99

i have a single groove pully on my 350 amp alternator just dont buy the cheapest belt u should be fine witha four groove mine doesnt even chirp at full tilt no problems.

The belt on my stock alt is 5/8 inch wide and the alt is the only thing on that belt other than the crank pulley 9.5 inches away.

The Alt dealer stated the reason the slippage would occur is due to limited surface area that that the belt has. (I guess 5/8" is a little skinny)

i have a single groove pully on my 350 amp alternator just dont buy the cheapest belt u should be fine witha four groove mine doesnt even chirp at full tilt no problems.

How wide is your belt?

15/32 thats how wide it is on top its a v belt

My belt is just a flat multi-rib belt

my point exactly if i dont have any problems with a v belt you shouldnt......

an alternator guy told me the same thing he said for an alternator putting out more than 150 amps i would have problems, so i built my own altornator, made sure to buy a good belt, the cheap belts will stretch and burn up and break or glaze up and slip. i have a 350 amp so you should be fine.

Edited by alexj01_83