Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Q

What Amp Would You Recommend?

Im buying 4 10" Pioneer Premiers Dual 2-ohms. They are rated at 350 RMS and 1000 Max each. Here is the link ==> http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8631_Pioneer+Premier+TS-W1007D2.html?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=froogle

I want an amp that will give each sub around 200-250 watts a piece. No more than 250. And i would like the keep the price below $300 if possible but if you know something that would be worth it and is close to 300 go ahead and post. Also it has to be a Class D amp.

Im going to order this all this week so i need to make my decision on my amp. Thanks guys.

you could try finding two kenwood excelon x10d's wire it series parallel for 2 subs in a 2 ohm load. there rated at 600 rms but only put out about 400 rms at two ohm this is one that come to mind that is a class d and they sell for about 150 -170 on ebay.com ikesound.com and amazon.com. your just not going to find any high end for $ 300 to push 4 subs

I think there is a weak thermal’s on the ken woods. kicker makes the 400.1 and 300.1 the 300.1 is like 400rms by 1. the 400 maybe close to 500 rms by 1. and the this is for the newer ones sorry just thought of the weak thermals. i go with the 300.1 in the newest model posible like 08 or 09 model

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19645

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=20908

Why would you buy two of those and make your system more complicated? A single mono amp would make things much easier, and cheaper.

I was thinking, with out really knowing the goals of this install, that 4 Dcon 10's and a Phoenix Gold RSD 1200.1 would be a sweet set up for the money.

Why would you buy two of those and make your system more complicated? A single mono amp would make things much easier, and cheaper.

before i never knew i could use a mono amp. i think im just going to get a sundown 1000D... its relatively cheap for waht you get ($280) and i knoew its reliable and gives clean power. And would be giving each sub 250rms so i plan to order that after i figure out my box.

The Sundown is a great choice for 4 dual 2 ohm sub's. The sale price does not hurt either.

The Sundown is a great choice for 4 dual 2 ohm sub's. The sale price does not hurt either.

:fing34:

Good choice on the Sundown SAZ-1000D!

I was thinking, with out really knowing the goals of this install, that 4 Dcon 10's and a Phoenix Gold RSD 1200.1 would be a sweet set up for the money.

i already looked at Dcons... just for the subs it would be $620 and i can get the 4 pioneers for $240. If i had more money i would go with the dcons.

i already looked at Dcons... just for the subs it would be $620 and i can get the 4 pioneers for $240. If i had more money i would go with the dcons.

well start saving up because you will love the difference betwen DCONS and Pioneers, just by two at a time.

well start saving up because you will love the difference betwen DCONS and Pioneers, just by two at a time.

what kind of difference. here are my questoins:

which is louder?

which sounds better?

which can get lower?

The two more important are lower and louder...

why not just get a single xcon? the pioneers arent that good. they dont take the power. i could barely run 750 to my tsw30002d4. plus they are on backorder and really cost 75 a piece after shipping

Edited by Lucky 76

why not just get a single xcon? the pioneers arent that good. they dont take the power. i could barely run 750 to my tsw30002d4. plus they are on backorder and really cost 75 a piece after shipping

im hooked already on 4 10's... itll look cool and i pretty much already have a box design so its just deciding what 10" i want now.

im hooked already on 4 10's... itll look cool and i pretty much already have a box design so its just deciding what 10" i want now.

don't know if still looking ???

if you planing to go with the saz1000d and 4 subs that are 10 inch try these there kicker comp vr's . i know you can find them else were and i know cheaper too get them in a dual 2 ohm coil any ways here is what the subs look like we all know those are better sub the d con are but your on a budget i personally would save the cash and go four d cons like your saying your on a budget i would at least go with the saz1000d for 280 wile you can. these will hook right to it at one ohm. you have to parallel each subs dual coils to one ohm wire in series with a second set then wire two set of two in parallel. for one ohm load these will work way better then the pioneers and i think i have seen the kicker cvr's for as low as 34 .99 each just to tell ya but any ways check e bay amazon ike sonic etc... for cheapest price. here s that link to one the sub

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17399

don't know if still looking ???

if you planing to go with the saz1000d and 4 subs that are 10 inch try these there kicker comp vr's . i know you can find them else were and i know cheaper too get them in a dual 2 ohm coil any ways here is what the subs look like we all know those are better sub the d con are but your on a budget i personally would save the cash and go four d cons like your saying your on a budget i would at least go with the saz1000d for 280 wile you can. these will hook right to it at one ohm. you have to parallel each subs dual coils to one ohm wire in series with a second set then wire two set of two in parallel. for one ohm load these will work way better then the pioneers and i think i have seen the kicker cvr's for as low as 34 .99 each just to tell ya but any ways check e bay amazon ike sonic etc... for cheapest price. here s that link to one the sub

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17399

just looked the cvrs up there 300 rms in my manual i got for a ported but will handle 400 in a sealed. i got two 8's in a small box this is why i thought to look btw this is another item i thought of. listed be low at link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Rockford-Fosgate-P2D210-10-Car-SUBWOOFERS-Punch-Subs_W0QQitemZ360168898134QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Subwoofers_Enclosures?hash=item53dbbd3e56&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1234|293%3A1|294%3A50

i just ordered 4 dcons and the 1000D about 2 hrs ago maybe. but thanks

great call going with the dcons

great call going with the dcons

thanks. im extremely exctied about this install.

:) :)

that is one awesome choice by you could not have made a better choice. i would wire them all down to two ohms on the saz1000d in a series and parallel wiring configure.