Sign in to follow this  
Ballax23

Need advice for head units/comparison

So can u guys tell me which head units u think are better sound quality wise and features. I'm goin to get either a pioneer premier or kenwood excelon and idk whch one to get. My friends tell me kenwood isn't any good but I hear from experienced car audio technicians that kenwood makes better head units than premier. I was looking to get the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X693 or the Pioneer Premier DEH-P510UB. They are both around the same price and all advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Nick

i used to have a pioneer premier h/u and it has a shyt load of functionality and plenty of feature to play with the one i had was the 8800phr one with a 30bar EQ and all the bells and whisltes it was awesome till the damn pico fuse blow on me and i kept getting a buzzzing sound in all my speakres! so i switched it with a kenwood ecellon 817dvd 7inch flip out monitor. i didn't notice any difference in SQ but i did lose a lot of cool features. overall i think the kenwood was easier for me to use and the poineer was more techinical, the pioneer also skipped and the kenwood is damn hard to make it skip. (skipping due to my sub pounding to hard)

hope that helps

Kenneth

kenwood > pioneer in my opinion. I also went from pioneer premier to kenwood excelon (didnt notice to much of a difference in sound quality since their RMS/channel and pre-out voltage are the same).

I like both brands, but have had better luck with Kenwood as far as function, durability goes. Also never had once an issue with any buzzing through the speakers with any deck besides Pioneer and had it on majority of mine and would have to go abouts grounding the deck and what not, something I never had to do with any other deck. Also blew my picto fuse in my 880 as well.......

I like the older Piooneers for a good 10 years ago, but seems now they are just cheap looking. If I was to buy between the two now, Kenwood x without a doubt!

SQ really comes down to features and nearly all you above offering advice obviously have NO IDEA what SQ is. If you are truly interested in SQ then not only do you need EQ, but independent L/R eq. Guess what Kenwood deck offers that?? Oh that's right NONE. Get an 800prs if your concern is truly SQ and spend all the rest of your time thinking about how to improve your install instead of comparing equipment.

SQ really comes down to features and nearly all you above offering advice obviously have NO IDEA what SQ is. If you are truly interested in SQ then not only do you need EQ, but independent L/R eq. Guess what Kenwood deck offers that?? Oh that's right NONE. Get an 800prs if your concern is truly SQ and spend all the rest of your time thinking about how to improve your install instead of comparing equipment.

I thought nobody would decide to say that!:)Good point!

As usual, you'd'better listen to M5.

I also have the same problem with my pioneer hu. Its really making me angry right now because i cant get rid of the buzzing, and i dont have enough money to get a new hu.