Sign in to follow this  
hondafreek

KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable

This thread is not meant for bashing but what is this a good 0 gauge wire? A friend of mine had a bad experience with the Knukonceptz KLMX Kable, but is the Kolossus Fleks Kable better than Stinger 0 Gauge?

Edited by hondafreek

This thread is not meant for bashing but what is recommended for the price/quality? A friend of mine had a bad experience with the Knukonceptz KLMX Kable, but is the Kolossus Fleks Kable better than Stinger 0 Gauge

This thread is not meant for bashing but what is recommended for the price/quality? A friend of mine had a bad experience with the Knukonceptz KLMX Kable, but is the Kolossus Fleks Kable better than Stinger 0 Gauge

Compareable! Knu makes great products!

I would say very comparable but i still love Stinger HPM. The way they twist the wire makes it easy to put into terminals and put rings on easily. not to mention its crazy flexible.

i am not a fan of the klmx wire ... it is very light and hollow ... it slips out of the terminals easy ... i like knus flex more than my kicker flex ... it has a higher strand count as well ... get the knu flex ull love it

I would say very comparable but i still love Stinger HPM. The way they twist the wire makes it easy to put into terminals and put rings on easily. not to mention its crazy flexible.

Thats the same reason why I get Kicker wire because of the twisted strands, make installing easier.

Welding wire.

i have the Kolossus Flex 4awg. and some of the Stinger 4awg. they seem comparable to me. like both a lot.

2x^ go to a Welding supply and get some small stinger lead it's all copper and about $1.00 a foot

I received and installed my Knu Flex 1/0 about a month ago and love it. Very easy to work with.

I just got my 1/0 welding cable from welding supply (30 feet at ~1.80/ft). Seems flexible enough and thick enough for me (only running ~1500 watts). Gonna do big 3 (battery under rear seat) and the power and ground for my sae-1200d.

I've only ever used 4 gauge scosche in the past.

I don't understand why people have such bad luck with KLMX wire. I have used it in two installs, the 0/1g kit and does fine and I am at around 1600rms and did the big 3 with it. Only problem I see is that it is hard to put ring terminals on, but just need to be patient and it will work. For the money it is hard to beat IMO.

All their wire is really good IMO and if you have the extra dough, then hit up the fleks-kable.

Also whoever said that the KLMX wire is hollow........obvious you have never used it.

I don't understand why people have such bad luck with KLMX wire. I have used it in two installs, the 0/1g kit and does fine and I am at around 1600rms and did the big 3 with it. Only problem I see is that it is hard to put ring terminals on, but just need to be patient and it will work. For the money it is hard to beat IMO.

All their wire is really good IMO and if you have the extra dough, then hit up the fleks-kable.

Also whoever said that the KLMX wire is hollow........obvious you have never used it.

ive used about 100 feet of it ... it is incredibly light and hollow

Just curious if upgrading wire will be beneficial or waste of time and money. I have Kicker Hyperflex 1/0 wire for my Big Three and system wiring from battery to distribution blocks.

At a local stereo shop this dude was telling me about the Audison MP1/0 wire (http://www.connectionaudison.com/products/cables/mp_10bl.htm) and how its better than my Kicker 1/0 wire. The Audison is $15 a foot and I get the Kicker for $7 a foot, so then I started looking at the KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Cable and wondering if anybody can break down the difference if any (I already know that the KnuKoncepts and Audison has more strands of wire but it that always a plus)?

Thankx

more strands = lower resistance. electrons flow on the *surface* of the metal. so more strands = more surface area = lower resistance. I doubt it makes a signifant difference in a car with relatively short wires. It depends on the length of the run and the amount of amps you are sourcing/sinking.

kent