Sign in to follow this  
subw123

audiopipe 3000

i was wondering if the audiopipe ap30001d can run at 1 ohm stable??

I just did a lot of research and really couldnt find no hard facts to back it up but I think it is 1 ohm stable when running two channels(1500 x 2 @ 1ohms) but 2 ohms stable when running one channel (3000 x 1 @ 2ohms) because its supposedly two 1500.1's put together in one case.

Yep, phi owns one on here, AWESOME amp for the price!

Here is the specs -

1000w@8ohm bridged

1800w@4ohm bridged

3000w@2ohm bridged

1500w x 2 @ 1ohm

950w x 2 @2ohm

550wx2@4ohm

We were getting the following yesterday when testing-

1246w @7.3 ohms

1497w @6.2 ohms

Nice specs on that amp. Kinda wish I would have went that route over my current Hifonics BXi amp, which is the 2608d and wasn't but a little bit more money..........oh well, still like my amp and does the job.

Edited by Bigbangtheory

I just did a lot of research and really couldnt find no hard facts to back it up but I think it is 1 ohm stable when running two channels(1500 x 2 @ 1ohms) but 2 ohms stable when running one channel (3000 x 1 @ 2ohms) because its supposedly two 1500.1's put together in one case.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you're right. It is 2 1500.1s strapped so it should do 1 ohm on 2 channels but only 2ohms mono. I almost picked up one of the 1500s myself but spent a little more money on something else. Doing rated or near to it, they are great amps for the price.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you're right. It is 2 1500.1s strapped so it should do 1 ohm on 2 channels but only 2ohms mono. I almost picked up one of the 1500s myself but spent a little more money on something else. Doing rated or near to it, they are great amps for the price.

i have to run it at 1 ohm mono though bc i have two dual 1 ohm subs and wire them to .5 ohm each

i have to run it at 1 ohm mono though bc i have two dual 1 ohm subs and wire them to .5 ohm each

no your wrong, if you run the subs in parallel(it will give you .5 ohms each but the final ohm load will be .25) and if you run the subs in series(it will give you 2 ohms each but the final ohm load will be 1 ohms).

your gonna need an amp that is 1 ohm stable on one channel and not two channels, that amp probably wont work for you (what subs do you have) considering you want to run it at 1 ohm mono.

Couldn't he just run 1 sub per channel? That would give each sub ~1500w RMS @ 1 ohm.

Couldn't he just run 1 sub per channel? That would give each sub ~1500w RMS @ 1 ohm.

Dual 1 ohm coils. His options are .5 or 2 ohms per sub and channel on the amp.

Oops, you're right. I forgot about the coils when I was thinking about that.

edit - I have read reports of the 1500.1 running at .5 so maybe you could run the 3000 at 1ohm. I'm guessing you just need a strong electrical to back it up.

Edited by inkfx

Dual 1 ohm coils. His options are .5 or 2 ohms per sub and channel on the amp.

no i cant because i have dual one ohm subs i am just going to get the sundown saz 1500

i hope u arent plannin on runnin a single saz1500 on 2 AQ subs?

If these are the HDC3s... u are severily underpowering them!

You can still get the AP30001D and wire your subs in series to 4ohm nominal load and get a rated 1,800w of power or a hair more when clipped.

Those HDC3s, if that's what u have, can handle one of those amps per sub when set right.

If these are the HDC3s... u are severily underpowering them!

Nothing bad is going to happen if they are 'underpowered'. They just won't be as loud as they can be with more power.

well of course but with plenty of experience with these subs, they do not shine until you start sending loads of power to them.

edit - I have read reports of the 1500.1 running at .5 so maybe you could run the 3000 at 1ohm. I'm guessing you just need a strong electrical to back it up.

still cant because its a 2 channel amp so it wont run at 1 ohm stabel

still cant because its a 2 channel amp so it wont run at 1 ohm stabel

the 1500.1 audiopipe is a monoblock... it is 1ohm stable.... they're similiar to the massive audio p1500.1's that I run... the Massive's can run .5 ohm daily or I've even burped as low as .25ohm on them... I'm not sure of the audiopipes though... I feel that the massives have a better build (they use the same board but with different components) the 3000.1 is meerly two internally bridged 1500.1's --the massive model can run 1 ohm daily--with proper electrical of course (I've done it personally---keep in mind it's not suggested).

We were burping my buddies Massive p3000.1 in his truck at .25ohm with little issue... they tend to hummm when you wire them down that low.... probably not good on them... that's .125ohm per internal amp..

***I don't reccomend that anyone actually run these amps below what the manufacture states... I'm just stating that they can and will... (I've never personally used the audiopipes... the massives are great though.)

well of course but with plenty of experience with these subs, they do not shine until you start sending loads of power to them.

Technically that shouldn't happen, as Bl, linearity, etc. always go down as excursion increases (with more power supplied). But the feel of the bass that is more prevalent at higher output levels is more satisfying to many people.

linear excursion disappears after around 1200w per sub.

Loudness factor continues to rise all the way up to around 3,000w of power.

Power compression will start to become a problem just after this as well.