sundownz

SAX-50.4 and Z15 Close-Out Sales

Just installed my 50.4 yesterday, and man- this is one very powerful amp!! If anyone is scared off by the 50 watts X4 rating, you will be missing out on a fenominal product! I am so impressed with it, that I will buy another one in the next few weeks. That is if Jacob still has any in stock. clap.gif

They are awesome, honestly... but people think "50 watts" is not enough.

If anyone heard Brandon's absolutely deafening front speakers with two 50.4s powering EIGHT sets of Rockford Power components they would immediately change their mind.

haha you have to hear the music at 160 DB's :fing34: and yes its loud with the gains set about 1/4 the way up id hate to see how loud it can get and it has killer midbass x-over at 63HZ

ALL of our amps have a remote GAIN.

On the four channels it only controls CH 3+4 when the LPF is on.

ALL of our amps have a remote GAIN.

On the four channels it only controls CH 3+4 when the LPF is on.

Jacob,

I want to run these speakers in a 3 way active setup:

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1600

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=8441

(and idk what tweeters, any suggestions?)

Will a SAX100.4 be able to supply enough power for the mid range (they're 8 ohm)?

I think I may use an sax 125.2 to run the midbass woofers, do you know the ratings of the SAX 125.2 @ 8 ohms?

Some people have said that I will run into problems going active with these amps, do you think these amps will work? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated :)

And some people are... ?

I run them active in my own car... so does Brandon... and so do 100s of other people around the world.

The Seas drivers are quite efficient, IMO, 8 ohms should be just fine on a 100.4

And some people are... ?

I run them active in my own car... so does Brandon... and so do 100s of other people around the world.

The Seas drivers are quite efficient, IMO, 8 ohms should be just fine on a 100.4

i think it was ///m5

he said having an active 3 way setup with 2 sources of crossovers (a sax400.4 and sax125.2) might cause one set of speakers to play ahead of another and cause some type of distortion//echo.

do you run a 3 way active setup?

Which amp do you think is more efficient, a sax 125x2, 100x2, or 50x4 bridged to 2 channels?

Efficiency is the same among all three amps.

Yes, I am 3 way active with a 50.4 and a 125.2

which would you recommend for the midbass woofer mentioned above, a sax50.4 bridged, or an sax125.2, or sax100.2 ?

If you plan to use the internal crossover scratch the 50.4 off, you can't band-pass bridged... the 100.2 crossover is also not flexible enough to band-pass... so that leaves 125.2

If you plan to use the internal crossover scratch the 50.4 off, you can't band-pass bridged... the 100.2 crossover is also not flexible enough to band-pass... so that leaves 125.2

will the 125.2 be able to cut off frequencies under 40 hz and above 3000 hz?

Yes.

ya know, i've been thinking, if you made an internal fan system inside the amp casing, you could either maintain the same reliability with lesser heat sinks, and smaller cases, or just improve the design all together.

I imagine the cost of plastic fans to be rather cheap, compared to the potential it has to regulate heat.

what do you think of this?

I don't really like fans in car amps... they make noise and are another item to fail over time.

Yes.

ya know, i've been thinking, if you made an internal fan system inside the amp casing, you could either maintain the same reliability with lesser heat sinks, and smaller cases, or just improve the design all together.

I imagine the cost of plastic fans to be rather cheap, compared to the potential it has to regulate heat.

what do you think of this?

That ridiculous, heat sinks are better than fans thats why they are slowly replacing them. Sundowns amps do not need there design to be improved, I love the way mine looked so that is why I bought one more and will be buying the third one soon.

I don't really like fans in car amps... they make noise and are another item to fail over time.

.... A friend of mine competes in SQ in ???? MECAi ??? and he, along w/a few others that run Sundown amps, are getting docked points due to noise in the sytem. After trouble shooting and amp switching, they've found it's the amps. I know you said you're not competing, but it's worth thinking about.

Is the SAE1200 'roughly' as efficient as the SAZ1500 ?

Assuming both are @ their rated RMS @ 1 ohm

(both are the newest model amps)

I plan to run a dc lvl 4 12'' in a ported box @ 1 ohm on my SAE1200. I'll run it for several hours a day as its my daily driver... Do you think I will need a fan to elongate my amp's life? I plan to have my amps inside a false floor, so circulation may be needed.

Will having the fan on ALL the time (whenever the car is on) damage the amp? I've heard that amps are made to run at a certain temperature and a fan that runs even when the amp is cold can damage it?

My main concern is with the above quote, obviously you think adding a fan will cause noise. If I do put a fan, where do you think it should go to cause the least amount of noise? Is there a part of the amp that should be 'farthest' from the fan? Sort of like RCA's are supposed to be as far as possible from power wires.

You will be fine where ever you decide to put it. I think the noise they meant was the actual fan running which you will not hear when your radio is on anyway. As for the temperature, I don't think you will be getting the amp to "cold". Unless your installing an a/c unit as well. lol

You will be fine where ever you decide to put it. I think the noise they meant was the actual fan running which you will not hear when your radio is on anyway. As for the temperature, I don't think you will be getting the amp to "cold". Unless your installing an a/c unit as well. lol

do you think a fan will be necessary for 1200rms for a few hours daily?

do you think a fan will be necessary for 1200rms for a few hours daily?

No, but if u notice the amp getting hot add one

Edited by dadydolas1083

Is it possible to do a passive/active 3-way on the 50.4? I mean run two channels high pass at 200Hz, and run the other two channels low pass at 200Hz with the subsonic filter set at 60Hz? If yes, still got some 50.4's? Thanks.

Is it possible to do a passive/active 3-way on the 50.4? I mean run two channels high pass at 200Hz, and run the other two channels low pass at 200Hz with the subsonic filter set at 60Hz? If yes, still got some 50.4's? Thanks.

I want those atlas subs... :fing34:

I want those atlas subs... :fing34:

He he. Viva la free air, and :P to those who don't consider free air as proper nomenclature.

Thanks dude.