shizzzon

Sundown Amps.. Very Consistent output

I've been havin to measure a few amp's outputs recently to measure wattage output and actual resistance at a given note for competition.

All the amp's i've ever tested, i always have the user keep it at the same volume level for several seconds so i can get an average voltage and amperage reading sinec these numbers always fluctuate due to resistance changing and voltage dropping...

Well, i had the opportunity to measure a sundown SAZ-3000D over the weekend.. and i've NEVER seen an amp remain constant throughout the whole test!

This guy's setup was given rise to 4.06 ohms and metering 1273w! That's pretty damn good considering it's only rated for 800w @4ohm.

Anyways, i was reading 71.9v and 17.7A. As soon as the volume was turned to the level to achieve these numbers, i thought both my meters were on PEAK hold all of a sudden?!?!

The numbers NEVER ONCE moved and was running for a good 9 seconds before it was turned back down.

Do these amps have a regulated power supply in them?

Whatever it is, is sure does keep the power output stable as hell. I was impressed!

I've been havin to measure a few amp's outputs recently to measure wattage output and actual resistance at a given note for competition.

All the amp's i've ever tested, i always have the user keep it at the same volume level for several seconds so i can get an average voltage and amperage reading sinec these numbers always fluctuate due to resistance changing and voltage dropping...

Well, i had the opportunity to measure a sundown SAZ-3000D over the weekend.. and i've NEVER seen an amp remain constant throughout the whole test!

This guy's setup was given rise to 4.06 ohms and metering 1273w! That's pretty damn good considering it's only rated for 800w @4ohm.

Anyways, i was reading 71.9v and 17.7A. As soon as the volume was turned to the level to achieve these numbers, i thought both my meters were on PEAK hold all of a sudden?!?!

The numbers NEVER ONCE moved and was running for a good 9 seconds before it was turned back down.

Do these amps have a regulated power supply in them?

Whatever it is, is sure does keep the power output stable as hell. I was impressed!

i dont think the sundowns are regulated ... that is why most people run them at a higher voltage to get more wattage out of them ... interesting that output remained the same

Output remained the same for so long cause Jacob is a great man! And because Sundown is a bad ass name :P

and the SAZ line up is build like tanks!!

mine put out 2950wrms +/- 10w at a 1.8ohms all 3 times i tested it. voltage and amperage were no more than .1 - .2 different.