Aaron Clinton

ZED Audio amplifier group buy

i rad all the manual...but sometime i dont remember exactly...i search it..but the manual is very big ...sorry

thanks for the information :P

Hey guys is it too late to jump in with an order for a leviathan? Just to confirm also, from what i understand i will be able to run my 2 way splits active by bridging 2 of the 4 channels for my midwoofers and the remaining two channels for the tweeters. Just found out about this offer off Luke 352 off MEA. Cheers

Hey guys is it too late to jump in with an order for a leviathan? Just to confirm also, from what i understand i will be able to run my 2 way splits active by bridging 2 of the 4 channels for my midwoofers and the remaining two channels for the tweeters. Just found out about this offer off Luke 352 off MEA. Cheers

Please email us with your shipping address to >> support @ soundsolutionsaudio.com, along with your deposit paypaled to payments @ soundsolutionsaudio.com.

For everyone else interested, we are considering another group buy soon.

Please email us with your shipping address to >> support @ soundsolutionsaudio.com, along with your deposit paypaled to payments @ soundsolutionsaudio.com.

For everyone else interested, we are considering another group buy soon.

will do today

thanks

Ok great, 2nd group almost all paid up, once it is, then those orders will be sent in. :)

Ok great, 2nd group almost all paid up, once it is, then those orders will be sent in. :)

don,t know what they are waiting for....:(

how much payments are still remaining?

it is like there is a turn on thump with the amps.....thats is very not nice.....and i just purchased mine.....on diymobile audio....i think everyone have a startup thunp...!

is there a way to double chek de next batch...i dont want to get the same issue!

Got mine in finally. Here's some initial thoughts after just gain matching.

I'm using a single Leviathan. Channels 1 to 4 are active to a set of JBL 660gti comps (I use the JBL passive bi-amped and the waveguides). Channels 5 and 6 bridged to a single Dayton Titanic 12.

Previously I had the Kenwood x4r and x1r powering the same equipment. I was pretty happy with this setup by the way. I have also had a number of other amps all in the same setup. (old school US Amps tube amps, Alpine PDX's, for example)

An H701 is controlling everything with both configurations (so everything on the amps are flat or disabled).

The Good:

1.) Installation was easy enough. Very good RCA terminals. Speaker and PWR/GRD terminals are solid.

2.) Staging - I had always had a bit of a right side bias. Very hard to dial in a good solid center image. I immediately noticed the Leviathan does not have this problem. I'm using the same exact TA and EQ settings from my previous setup and the center image is much improved. I'm not sure why this is, will have to investigate more. Possible better channel seperation?

3.) Power - seems about the same as my separate Kenwood amp setup in terms of overall power. Bit more power on the fronts. Bit less on the sub. I had my sub channels on the H701 turned down when I had the x1r powering the sub...I had to bump these back up while using the ZED. This isn't really an issue because it was too much off the x1r anyway. A little adjustment got it just right. We're talking SQ here not whomp whomp.

The Meh:

1.) Not sure about tonality yet. It is very clean and precise but almost might be considered dry. More listening and EQ work is required before I can make a good judgment on this.

2.) Yes the blue ZED led is bright. It's in my trunk so I don't care personally.

3.) The labeling of the xover features on the amp look a bit confusing at first glance. Granted I didn't have to use them, I was just setting everything to flat. Configuration if you are using the amp's xovers might take some reading of the manual or more attention than I gave it.

The Bad:

1.) There is indeed turn on pop on this amp. I've never had it before and it is there now. It seems like it might be getting less and less noticable as I listened. But I'm not real happy about it. I'll eventually try a relay and see how that goes.

2.) I somehow drove it into protection one time while gain matching. I've never had an amp go into protect on me. It happened during a turn on pop while changing CD's (my headunit powers everything else down when swapping CD's) and the sub made a loud thump, then amp into protect. I turned the gains back down a bit as I had them up a bit at that point. That was the only time it did that. I double checked wiring just in case and everything is kosher (I didn't change anything with the wiring so I didn't expect anything to be off). Will have to monitor this.

Keep in mind this is only after a couple hours of listening. And I havn't done any real re-tuning yet.

That's all I've got for now

don,t know what they are waiting for....:(

how much payments are still remaining?

Not much.

is there a way to contact zed about the turn on pop issus?

If your amplifier displays it, then you can email them. But I would not stress too much about it seeing that only 2 or 3 people total have actually installed their new amps and all have said that the amp has gotten better after some time. I don't think ZED would intentionally release an all new, high end amplifier, with turn on pop.

when will the first group buy amps ship out?

when will the first group buy amps ship out?

When they are built. ;) I don't have the exact date.

it is like there is a turn on thump with the amps.....thats is very not nice.....and i just purchased mine.....on diymobile audio....i think everyone have a startup thunp...!

is there a way to double chek de next batch...i dont want to get the same issue!

is there a way to contact zed about the turn on pop issus?

I believe Steve has tracked it down to a one resister causing the issue, so I imagine before he sends out the next batch they'll have the issue rectified.

He has told others that he has corrected the issue.

lol..i'm happy that i waited to send the $$ ....i'm sorry for the 3 or 4 others :(

Seems like it was only the few amps that first went out even before the first part of the group buy order was sent in.

Indeed it was the pre-order stuff only. Hell if it were me, I'd just have him ship me the resistor and swap it out myself.

Everyone is all caught up so the second batch goes in first thing tomorrow. :)

Come on first wave!

2 digit serial number....get!

I have the list of the first batch of serial numbers in email. Just found out, Stephen is out of the country for a few days, but will jump right back on the production when he gets back.