Aaron Clinton

ZED Audio amplifier group buy

Indeed it was the pre-order stuff only. Hell if it were me, I'd just have him ship me the resistor and swap it out myself.

It is not a resistor that needed to be swapped out. It needs to be cut, and if you had to swap it out, it would be very difficult as it is a very small resistor. Steve can send you a .pdf file of which resistor to cut, should you chose to do so.

Here is an explanation of the problem, (it is not really a problem at all or a design flaw), that I received from Steve yesterday.

Dear Bill,

I have heard this and there is a fix if the turn on "pop" is too loud.

Most customers are happy due to the fact that when they turn the

system/amplifier on there is always some music playing at that time.

The system powers up at the last volume setting.

Under this condition you are not able to hear any noise.

Attached is a PDF with instructions on how to modify the Leviathan to be

less sensitive to power up. The protection circuit was designed to prevent

the amplifier from turning on if a high signal level was present.

so what is up with the shipping?

The amplifiers have to be built. The first group will be first and the second group that just went in will follow. :)

Everyone is all caught up so the second batch goes in first thing tomorrow. When I have tracking, I will update everyone.

Yes, the second batch of orders just went in. And when they are all built and ready to ship out, everyone will get their tracking numbers. These amps are not snapped off in a huge factory, they are going out one by one. Part of having a group buy on totally new to market amplifiers. If they had been for sale for a while and then we did a group buy, it would be a different story, but these were just released and they are building as fast as they can.

Indeed it was the pre-order stuff only. Hell if it were me, I'd just have him ship me the resistor and swap it out myself.

It is not a resistor that needed to be swapped out. It needs to be cut, and if you had to swap it out, it would be very difficult as it is a very small resistor. Steve can send you a .pdf file of which resistor to cut, should you chose to do so.

Here is an explanation of the problem, (it is not really a problem at all or a design flaw), that I received from Steve yesterday.

Dear Bill,

I have heard this and there is a fix if the turn on "pop" is too loud.

Most customers are happy due to the fact that when they turn the

system/amplifier on there is always some music playing at that time.

The system powers up at the last volume setting.

Under this condition you are not able to hear any noise.

Attached is a PDF with instructions on how to modify the Leviathan to be

less sensitive to power up. The protection circuit was designed to prevent

the amplifier from turning on if a high signal level was present.

Interesting, actually a byproduct of a protection circuit.

Getting my trunk repaired this week then new subs...fortunately I have enough going on to not be going crazy waiting.

Do we have any updates on when the expected completion time is for this batch of amps? It doesn't really bother me if it's 1 day or 3 weeks, I just like having some kind of date in mind.

Do we have any updates on when the expected completion time is for this batch of amps? It doesn't really bother me if it's 1 day or 3 weeks, I just like having some kind of date in mind.

I do not have an exact date, but should have an update soon. These amps take longer to build then most because of the hand work done.

i dont want to look like impatient, but we have no dates...zed do not reply when we ask...i think i want to be fixed...

Edited by summer69guy

We never had an exact date. This is because they are building them as fast as they can. And with with pre-orders and the rush with the Group Buy, they are behind. This is essentially what I had said above about this being different then a normal group buy because this is a brand new line of amplifiers and they are not mass produced nor is there an inventory to pull from. Be patient, ZED always tries to answer every email and I know they are getting tons of them. Many of those emails are repetitive.

answer

This group buy has not been submitted to us let so I can offer no ship date

Regards

Steve Mantz

my question to steve : i am in the second batch of the group buy for the levathian, and i would like to know a date , when it will be ready to ship.

thanks

doest it meen that he dont know anything about the group buy?

Edited by summer69guy

As soon as they are built and have a tracking, we will send them out and people will have a ship date.

answer

This group buy has not been submitted to us let so I can offer no ship date

Regards

Steve Mantz

my question to steve : i am in the second batch of the group buy for the levathian, and i would like to know a date , when it will be ready to ship.

thanks

Both batches of the Group has been submitted, have already discussed it with ZED. He may have misunderstood you as there has only been one group buy.

my reply to him : i will chek what he will say.

you diddnt know that there's a group buy with ssa (sound solution)? i sent 568$to ''denim'' (nickname)

my reply to him : i will chek what he will say.

you diddnt know that there's a group buy with ssa (sound solution)? i sent 568$to ''denim'' (nickname)

He already knows, the checks have been cashed and they are building the amps. By emailing him asking a question you already know the answer to, it is only slowing him down.

i ask him the question to be more confident... i want him to confirm this

i sent a big amount of money , i wanted to know a little more about the process...so i ask questions

sorry if i make him loose 2 mins

Edited by summer69guy

i ask him the question to be more confident... i want him to confirm this

i sent a big amount of money , i wanted to know a little more about the process...so i ask questions

sorry if i make him loose 2 mins

Geez bloke,

If your that mistrusting and that impatient you probably should have steered clear of a group buy, so as to keep your own over reactive nerves at rest.

This is definitely not the first group buy Denim and/or SSA have run so i'm pretty sure he knows what he is doing. He can only pass on what dates he has been given by ZED which unfortunately isn't much since they are flat out.

You have to realise it's not just your email Stephen has to answer but yours and the 200 others asking the same question, and every one he gets mean the longer it will be till you get your amp.

you talk to me like if ihad paranoia....you dont know how i feell(i feel good and calm.. lol...) ,...you just see what i wrote.... on the computer..

i just wanted to know a date ...just a date...i didnt do a drama...or anything like that....i did not overreact at anything.... that is your subjective thought...

but your are right i dont know the reputation of ssa website and anything...... and yes i was not confident with it but i did it ...because i know the brand SSA, i didnt have any news so i asked questions...

the only thing we can do is to wait to get a shiiping date....i think

Edited by summer69guy

Ok, let's all relax. :) ZED has always been very good at what they do, (and has done so for a very long time) and we dealt with them for plenty of the prior series amplifiers and each amplifier was built and shipped out just fine. Stephen and Joyce have always been very helpful and detailed. :drink40:

officezen.jpg

:+1:

^^^+2^^^ LOL

Amps are not going to do me much good till I can buy my subs anyways :shrug:

I might sleep with them though fing05.gif

Don't judge me. Getting cold early hear!!