sundownz

Working on a little something...

Sent in my design specs to the factory today for an SA-8 driver.

Will move down to a 2" coil, though, so we can fit the proper spider on the frame.

Coil will be 33% longer than the E8 coil and will feature all of the SA-12 cooling features.

Frame will be 12-spoke rather than 4-spoke as it works better in the 8" size.

May have pics in a few weeks :)

Motor dimensions are similar to SA-12 except for it is narrower to more easily fit into an 8" woofer cut-out.

Power rating 400-500 watts RMS.

As for the X8... I may start from scratch on it due to the difficulties of using a 2.5" coil on an 8" driver.

Wow!, now that's a good thermal rating for the new 8s!

Definitely wqanna see some people do a huge multi 8 install now!

As for the X8... is there any 2.5" coil 8s floatin around in the car audio world?

That is insane though, there are a few 8" subs out there using a 2" coil rated up to 500wrms so a 2.5" coil.... hmm, :)

Problem with a 2.5" coil on an 8" is the spider on any standard frame. You will break it mechanically before thermal.

I think this will do very well... I am not aware of anyone that ACTUALLY killed an E8 purely thermally (the coil)... and this coil is 33% longer with better cooling.

So I think it will work nicely.

We sat an 8" frame on an SA-12 motor at the shop and I knew what had to be done :)

This motor is slightly smaller, but not much!

Looking forward to this! I am looking to do a different build and this sounds intriguing.

I'll squeeze eight 8s into the Sentra, in the trunk. All 8 subs forward sealed off ported up through the rear deck. Depending on coil configuration I'll power them with a single saz-4500d or a pair of saz-2000s. That's it, the plan is done. Your turn to get the subs here.

I Could do 4 in my new mazda b2200. Off my saz-2000. this ns 12s banging pretty hard. will make the debut on 9-5-09 at the elite meca sc state finals.

MSRP ~$199 or so as the SA-12 is $249 MSRP.

I will pre-sale them for ~100 shipped more than likely, though!

SA-8 will come in Dual-2 at first... four (1 ohm) or two (2 ohms) on an SAZ-1500D or one each on SAX-125.2 @ 4 ohms.

Also for SPL heads... burping two at 1/2 ohm on a 1500D.

Motor is 6.14" wide and 3.05" tall -- pretty beefy.

I am looking at 1000+ on burps and 400-500 daily... we'll see how testing goes.

How about you invent some amazing new suspension and throw a 3" coil on the X8's to make it mechanically plausible?

MSRP ~$199 or so as the SA-12 is $249 MSRP.

I will pre-sale them for ~100 shipped more than likely, though!

Any chance of this happening soonish? Or will it be months out?

I don't have the prototype yet and it takes 2-3 months once I approve the prototype and start production. So yes, a few months out.