vial

Zx750.1 12"x2 CVR's 2009 F150 single cab

well i had recently bought a new Truck. I got a 09 F150 single cab.

Im currently running a sealed Box my cousin made that fits behind my seat im semi limited in space becuse it's a single cab. The box is 4ft long by 12"deep 12" tall to a slant i belive 6" top and the Box is insulated. It's also sealed in the center between the two subs. TO make two different compartments. My cousin had told me it was better to do it that way and i belive one compartment is semi larger then the other He claims " it will make 2 different tones.

Now my subs sound pretty good imo i have yet to do a distance test to tell how far you can hear it But i have heard from some people you can hear my truck from around 150 yards.

The CVR's sound really good But i was thinking of Up grading to CVX x2 becuse i know they will fit in the current box im using. Now my question is, Will my Zx750.1 Power two CVX's and give me a better Deeper louder Bass. I mean i am happy with my CVR's im still working on tuning them with my Kenwood-KDC-X693 HU, as well as my Amp.

HU link http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/In-Dash_CD_n_DVD_Receivers/1-DIN_CD_Receiver/KDC-X693

IMAGE LINK [post soon]

IMAGE LINK [post soon]

IMAGE LINK [post soon]

Also if anyone has any input How i should have my Gain levels set for proper tuneing on my HU or on my Amp Id really aperciate it My gain is about half way the Xover is around 70-90HZ

and the Bboost is set at 9-10 out of 18 my Head unit is usly around 0-+5 on the Base boost and the 5 band internal EQ i belive are all set to +3 to +4 across the board. from band 1-5.

I will post a image soon of my current setup. Im also running a CAP on this setup. with 4Guage Wire.

Edited by vial

I am a little confused as to what you are asking.

what im asking is will the zx750.1 power two 12" CVX kicker's

and what proper settings i should have set for my CVR 12"s via amp and head unit

Thanks

and what proper settings i should have set for my CVR 12"s via amp and head unit

Thanks

Bump...

want to know if it's possable to run two kicker CVX's off a ZX750.1 amp also if it is should i get 2ohm or 4ohm was also wondering if it would burn up my amp I understand the 750.1 amp is rated at 890 RMS but the kicker CVX's are rated for 500 RMS each will this make a huge difference

Get 2 ohm.

Thanks

Bump...

want to know if it's possable to run two kicker CVX's off a ZX750.1 amp also if it is should i get 2ohm or 4ohm was also wondering if it would burn up my amp I understand the 750.1 amp is rated at 890 RMS but the kicker CVX's are rated for 500 RMS each will this make a huge difference

Get a DMM and set the amps gain setting using 750rms and not 890rms so you wont harm the amp or speakers, the CVX's are 750 rms and CVR's are 400rms. The amp wont make them shine but it will definantly get them moving ( I have around 700 rms give or take a little on my 3-12" CVX's and they sound good).

Get the dual 2 ohm version and wire them in series to 4 ohms each (they will see a final ohm load of 2 ohms).

Thanks

Bump...

Get a DMM and set the amps gain setting using 750rms and not 890rms so you wont harm the amp or speakers, the CVX's are 750 rms and CVR's are 400rms. The amp wont make them shine but it will definantly get them moving ( I have around 700 rms give or take a little on my 3-12" CVX's and they sound good).

Get the dual 2 ohm version and wire them in series to 4 ohms each (they will see a final ohm load of 2 ohms).

No he needs to wire them each to 1 ohm and that would be a final 2 ohm load.

No he needs to wire them each to 1 ohm and that would be a final 2 ohm load.

Either way, net result is the same. 2ohm load which is what the amp requires.

the cvr will bump if in the right box go ported if you can running 2 cvr 12s 2ohm with a 750.1 kicker like you got hit a 138.3 spl low was 136 something that was in a bad box. i would recomenting a ported box will make it get louder

just my 2 cents but i dont really know alot

and i dont thing a 750.1 can run 2 cvx 12s in my opinon.

the cvr will bump if in the right box go ported if you can running 2 cvr 12s 2ohm with a 750.1 kicker like you got hit a 138.3 spl low was 136 something that was in a bad box. i would recomenting a ported box will make it get louder

The 750.1 can push 2-12 CVX's, it just wont push them to their maximum output. Underpowering subs is not a problem, i currently have 700 watts on 3-12 cvx's and they sound lovely and hit hard for the power thats running to them (which is only a third of power).

The 750.1 can push 2-12 CVX's, it just wont push them to their maximum output. Underpowering subs is not a problem, i currently have 700 watts on 3-12 cvx's and they sound lovely and hit hard for the power thats running to them (which is only a third of power).

i am sure your pushing more then 700watts kickers are always underrated

Definantly dont have them on a Kicker amp, on another amp till I put in the SAZ-2000D.

Definantly dont have them on a Kicker amp, on another amp till I put in the SAZ-2000D.

ok well i orderd my VCX's yesterday and i will have them in a few days could someone show me a diagram on how i should wire these properly to my 750.1 amp.

Thanks guys :D lots of info i will post a pick tonight when i get home from work

Just want to make sure i hook them up for the best. I am kinda new to hooking up my own systems.

Thanks guys

subs2.png

subs1.png

This is what i am Currently working with

My cousin had wired these. As you will see him in the Picture. He is the one that made the box for my Truck aswell.

Now MY spearks are wired where their is a speaker wire from Pos to Neg on the top of each sub on the rear. Then there are two mor pos and negatives witch are ran from earch sub tied togeather witch run in to the amp. Im not sure if this is correct but they sound correct the Amp dosent heat up. but the Driver side sub on of the Wire hookups that go from the frame of the sub to the Cone inside. Had poped and looked heated like the wire was burned. Was a Clean break But couldnt really tell it was burned untell you stripped the wire back. I had Soddered a New clamp to the wire and back to the fram the Sub still works. But i had still ordered two CVX's Im wondering if my amp was just pushing to much power to the subs or if i had them wired wrong.

If someone could please post a proper wireing for 2 ohm CvX's/CvR's to a ZX750.1 amp i would greatly aperciate it.

I plan to install the CVX's Friday.

Thanks,

Steve.

wiredt.jpg

22ohmdvc2ohm.gif

they are wired like this. Is this proper ?

MY speakers sound like they are Barking ATM. Well my CVR's are.

i just wana make sure i dont mess up these CVX's

wiredt.jpg

22ohmdvc2ohm.gif

they are wired like this. Is this proper ?

MY speakers sound like they are Barking ATM. Well my CVR's are.

i just wana make sure i dont mess up these CVX's

Yeah thats how they can be wired, so wiring shouldnt be a problem.

awsome thanks Now Will i be able to drop the CVX's in to my current box that the CVR's are in ? or will there be a depth issue.

On your box dimensions, are those external or internal?

Turning The Bass Boost Off At The Head Unit And The Amp As Well Would Help, And Future Removal Of The Capacitor.

Welcome To SSA, By The Way.

On your box dimensions, are those external or internal?

oh internal

Edited by vial

I think you're going to have a mounting depth issue since CVX's are 8 1/4" deep.

I think you're going to have a mounting depth issue since CVX's are 8 1/4" deep.

Actually thats the 15" CVX's mounting depth, 12" CVX's mounting depth is 6 5/8" and the 12" CVR's mounting depth is 6 5/16" so mounting depth shouldnt be an issue just depends on how much room is left behind CVR's but you should be good. Good luck and let us know how things go.

Ohhh! My bad. Thanks for pointing that out Jay-cee :)

No problem.

No problem.

awsome thnx guys for the info. Im going to try and drop them in today when i get home from work i hope my neibhors arnt asleep :( its going to be midnight when i get home from work :ehh:

Ship Carrier: UPS

Tracking Number: 1ZY3759X03556226xx

Order #: 102-2110134-8373xxx

Shipment Date: October 27, 2009

Destination: WHITE LAKE, MI, US

Track your package

Date Time Location Event Details

October 29, 2009 05:44:00 PM WHITE LAKE MI US Delivered

October 29, 2009 06:05:00 AM PONTIAC MI US Out for delivery

YAY!

lol so my Girl is pissed i ordered my subs, Lol she was like you can't wait 2 months i was going to get them for Xmas for you...

i was like ehh :peepwall: So i was like uhhh you can get me a new amp :D Now any sudgestions on what one i should ask for lol.....

I still need to figure out what to get her :D

Edited by vial