gearstix

2005 Blazer.. Mach 5 SPL-12s..build.

Looking real good... I bet its gonna Wang!!

I forgot if you said or not, does the back seat fold up with the box in???

Where you putting the amps? on the front of the box toward the front seats??

Lastly, are you afraid with the port up against the back of the hatch wall like that, are you afraid it will be restrictive???

Love Blazer installs!!!

Edited by smullen

Lastly, are you afraid with the port up against the back of the hatch wall like that, are you afraid it will be restrictive???

Love Blazer installs!!!

I was gonna say the same thing, how far is the port from the back hatch? How far should a port be from a hatch, panel or trunk lid?

The seat will fold up. It was designed to fit in the cargo area of the 2 door Blazer.It just fits with the seats up..

I'm not entirely sure how far it should be away from the tailgate...

I will be keeping the seats down though. Because I will be building a battery box/amp rack, to go infront of the box.

Edited by Gearstix

Love Blazer installs!!!

I was gonna say the same thing, how far is the port from the back hatch? How far should a port be from a hatch, panel or trunk lid?

I think its one of those things where you really gotta move it around and experiment with it... Different boxes tuned at different frequencies with different shaped ports would most likley act a bit different I'd guess... In another thread, where I was talking with some fellow Blazer owners about potential designs for 4 12s, they mentioned needing 6+ inches between the back of the enclosure and the tailgate... However, I've never seen a published rule...

A combo of what you have to work with (willing to give up) and trial and error, I guess...

Looks great in that box.

I agree, looks really good!

i like the texture that u used on the box looks good

keep up the updates!

I put my blazer in a ditch, first snowfall of the winter, had it in 2wd, fishtailed around a turn, went out in the ditch, drove through the ditch and made it back up on the highway in 2wd.

Sub box and everything survived. Blazer is fine.

I was working on my subs and one fell in the box and cracked the basket. Since I don't really want to spend the money to have it reconed, (and waste the coil and all that, that have never seen power) I got some reaaally good epoxy.

The basket on the one sub has been repaired with Belzona 1111. My dad and I got it as true as we could before we epoxied it and its pretty good, but it still isn't fixed right.

I would like to get a new basket and recone put on it, in the long run.

The amp I bought from JohnCarr does work good, I must say.

My buddy wants an AP3000.1 now too. He's got a Tiburon with two 15" L5s and a 1500.1 from Kicker (not sure if its the ZX or KX). It's louder than mine, but his box is tuned higher (He doesn't even know what its tuned to, he just built it.), mine has more lows than he does.

I'm still not finished tuning the amp. I will get a multimeter and do the gain here pretty soon.

I need an alternator. Even with the deep cycle battery I have in the back I get pretty decent voltage drops, however I don't think its any less than 12 volts.

I do have two alternators here, I'm going to see which one fits and have it rebuilt locally.

Would you guys like some videos?

I'm sort of worried about these subs, I don't want to feed them too much power, they are tuned to 35hz, and they should probably be tuned higher.

Yeah I would love to see some videos :woot: .

Hey nice build dude. Where did you get the spray that you finished the box with? That looks real good man.

Hey nice build dude. Where did you get the spray that you finished the box with? That looks real good man.

Anywhere that sells spray paint.