Sign in to follow this  
Derrick824

16 Sundown sa-12s Build

103_3590.jpg

Now that's a roundover bit :D

Good work guys :)

you just had to out do Paul. you think i can get 20 of those sa12s in my extcab mazda?lol jk . im thinking about 4 in a 4th order what do you guys think. putting my ns in my suburban. i want to see this in person soon!! need any help just let me know i only work 10 days a month have plenty of time on my hands.

Looks really good Derrick. I bet that it is going to be low and loud.

WOW looks very nice! plus those ports are huge! lol you can almost fit another sub in them lol!!

CONGRATS!!

A few pics of the truck.

100_3653.jpg

Am I tripping or is that 8 - 3500D's, 2 subs per amp huh?

Edited by jay-cee

A few pics of the truck.

100_3653.jpg

Am I tripping or is that 6 - 3500D's, 2 subs per amp huh?

You ARE tripping!!

That's 16 subs for one.... and that's 8 3500's........... You must have failed second grade math.

A few pics of the truck.

100_3653.jpg

Am I tripping or is that 6 - 3500D's, 2 subs per amp huh?

You ARE tripping!!

That's 16 subs for one.... and that's 8 3500's........... You must have failed second grade math.

Actually no I counted 6 on top and 2 on bottom but I typed the wrong thing, straight A student over here homie and Im a beast at math.

Edited by jay-cee

Yes there are going to be eight Sundown saz-3500s in there this weekend only for Nspl finals. Two amps strapped on four subs @ 0.5ohm (0.25ohm per amp). After this weekend four amps will get pulled and the amp rack reworked to hold just four amps. As soon as they're in stock four new Sundown saz-4500s will get swapped in here.

Yes there are going to be eight Sundown saz-3500s in there this weekend only for Nspl finals. Two amps strapped on four subs @ 0.5ohm (0.25ohm per amp). After this weekend four amps will get pulled and the amp rack reworked to hold just four amps. As soon as they're in stock four new Sundown saz-4500s will get swapped in here.

where are the nspl finals at?

im going to have to try a little nspl next year. im going to atl for the meca ga state sound fest. wonder what the maz would do in nspl maybe 0-24 no wall.

did you get my email?

Edited by draggnwagon

im going to have to try a little nspl next year. im going to atl for the meca ga state sound fest. wonder what the maz would do in nspl maybe 0-24 no wall.

did you get my email?

No-Wall 0-24 record is a 155 & change. Since there isn't any power limit it makes that a tough class. You would do better in Truck/Suv although then you would be against me depending on how much power you run. I currently hold the 0-1800 record with a 150.3 off 1486 clamped watts. Probably gonna run 1801-3600 from here on out though.

did you get my email?

No-Wall 0-24 record is a 155 & change. Since there isn't any power limit it makes that a tough class. You would do better in Truck/Suv although then you would be against me depending on how much power you run. I currently hold the 0-1800 record with a 150.3 off 1486 clamped watts. Probably gonna run 1801-3600 from here on out though.

im just need to check this out. not to sure about the class setup what is the 0-1800

you just had to out do Paul. you think i can get 20 of those sa12s in my extcab mazda?lol jk . im thinking about 4 in a 4th order what do you guys think. putting my ns in my suburban. i want to see this in person soon!! need any help just let me know i only work 10 days a month have plenty of time on my hands.

leagalized prostitution in SC? ^^ makes for a busy weekend huh? lmao......wish i worked 10 days a week, laid off!

this build is nice!

walking away from computer,............... picking up lotion, ......................going toward bathroom............... :wacky:

Haha, porkchops your comments have been ridiculous lately keep it up man. Keep us updated with the build, Im planning on 2 of these being in my upcoming install.

thanks, i try :coolugh:

leagalized prostitution in SC? ^^ makes for a busy weekend huh? lmao......wish i worked 10 days a week, laid off!

this build is nice!

im a firefighter. 24hrs on 48off still 240hrs a month. love it would not have any other way.

With all 8 amps it hit a 155.2 @ 41hz. Amps were very conservatively set. Actual power was around 20k watts total; 1,250 watts per sub. We swapped to only 4 amps for Bass Boxing and still hit a 153. Most impressive thing to me was that it was able to Bass Box over a 150 with both front doors open. Anyone that's ever done it or seen it knows that your #s tank badly when opening that passenger door in the third round. Look for this thing at SBN next year. We're coming for the LightWeight belt. Also look for this thing at some Meca events next season. During the final BassBoxing run it also hit a 126.9 on the other meter that was 12ft straight in front the truck on the judges table. I'm thinking it'll do some decent drive-by #s.

Zi6_3684.jpg

Sign in to follow this