mwoehr

Which would be louder in your opinion?

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which would be louder in your opinion?

• 4 dcon 10s ported off a SAZ-1000D
    • 1 xcon 15 ported off a SAZ-1500D

This topic is just out of curiousity. Which of these would be louder? They should take up almost the same amount of space as eachother. The 4 dcon 10s would be in 1.25 cu.ft each tuned to 33hz and the xcon 15 would be in 4.5 cubes tuned to 33hz. I'm just thinking about setups I'd like to get in the future when I get a Rav4 or a Highlander.

cone area alone on the 10s are almost twice that of a single 15.

You could do yourself a favor and put that 1500d on the dcons, not saying you have to to be louder but it wouldnt hurt if you did.

The Dcon's would appear louder on paper, but there are too many other factors to know for sure.

The 4 10" DCONS as Shizzon and Denim said.

I have 1 10" DCON in a 1.33 Cubic foot box tuned to 33HZ and it is very impressive for a single 10" on 500 watts.

The 4 10" DCONS as Shizzon and Denim said.

I have 1 10" DCON in a 1.33 Cubic foot box tuned to 33HZ and it is very impressive for a single 10" on 500 watts.

I have 2 12" DCONS tuned to 33hz powered off 500 watts and am very impressed as well.

2 ICON 12" would require similar enclosure size as mentioned above and would be very impressive as well.

4 10's would be fun! It could make a beautiful box!!! Louder than a 15 Xcon? I don't know.

It's official, my next setup is going to be 4 dcon 10s. That's if something better isn't out by time I get my next vehicle. That's a while from now anyway. I just did this post out of curiousity.

I would prefer 2 Icons 12 by far, rather than 4 cheaper 10's. I understand that you're looking for the wow factor! So the setup with 4 10's is the choice.

But you have time to think about it !

Dcons shouldn't be of bad quality to overlook. I'd go 4 dcons too if space isn't an issue.

I would prefer 2 Icons 12 by far, rather than 4 cheaper 10's. I understand that you're looking for the wow factor! So the setup with 4 10's is the choice.

But you have time to think about it !

Dude, cheaper price doesn't mean cheaper quality. The dcons sound amazing. I actually like my 2 dcon 12s with 500 watts alot more than the icon 15 I had with 1000 watts. Many people think I have about 1200 - 1500 watts , no lie.

Wow now you are making me wish I got 2 dcon 12s instead of 1 icon 12.... However I don't have that much space so I decided on 1 icon 12 lol... deff in the future I will look into that tho