havinnoj

SAE vs SAZ

looking at a SAZ and SAE1000d, and need to clarify the differences.

-thinner case on the SAE

-smaller heatsink on the SAE

What were the other differences? Any reason not to get the SAE?

Found this on another forum:

SAE's don't have as high of grade of components as the SAZ's. SAE's do rated power, SAZ's do over rated power. The heatsinks are also different. In terms of comparison, a SAZ-1000d would perform similar to an SAE-1200d.

Basically, any reason to not get the SAE?

The SAE line is Sundowns "Entry" level amplifier line and will be made in a different build house. They will do more than rated power as well. The SAZ line is Sundowns "Competition" line and will do more than rated and will maintain rated power in lower voltages.

Jacob could answer a lot more.

looking at a SAZ and SAE1000d, and need to clarify the differences.

-thinner case on the SAE

-smaller heatsink on the SAE

What were the other differences? Any reason not to get the SAE?

Main difference between those 2 amps is the heatsink. Same amp!

Good to know. So for a daily driver amp, is the SAE going to be good?

I can get one for less than $200 bnib, or a SAZ for 300 bnib. Both with warranties. Just looking for better quality, but I understand the SAE doesn't have many issues..

Good to know. So for a daily driver amp, is the SAE going to be good?

I can get one for less than $200 bnib, or a SAZ for 300 bnib. Both with warranties. Just looking for better quality, but I understand the SAE doesn't have many issues..

Are you talking between the SAE-1000D and the SAZ-1000D?

sae is not stable with higher voltages or low loads like saz series

Either one is the better choice since they both do 1000w @ 1ohm and more, if you dont plan on upgrading your electrical to keep the voltage up then get the SAZ-1000D but if your electrical is good and your voltage is high and stable then the SAE-1000D will do fine. Just get whats cheaper and put that extra money in upgrading your electrical.

Edited by jay-cee

It's going in an 01 f150 with a stock alternator rated at 130. Any reason why that's not enough?

I'll likely do the big 3 and if I need to, a new battery.

I can get a sae for 175 or saz for 275

where and how can I check ahead what my voltage is and if it's stable?

It's going in an 01 f150 with a stock alternator rated at 130. Any reason why that's not enough?

I'll likely do the big 3 and if I need to, a new battery.

I can get a sae for 175 or saz for 275

where and how can I check ahead what my voltage is and if it's stable?

Go buy a voltmeter and place it on your dash or up front with you so you can always see what your voltage is. I would do the Big 3, buy a voltmeter/intall it and then install your amp and see how your voltage holds up and then address your needs then.

The SAE-1000D was still made in the same factory as the SAZ series -- the SAZ version has beefier power supply parts and a thicker casing.

Starting with the SAE-1200D we moved the SAE line to a different factory.

The SAE-1000D was still made in the same factory as the SAZ series -- the SAZ version has beefier power supply parts and a thicker casing.

thanks foe the replies guys. But help me out on which one I should pick up!

thanks foe the replies guys. But help me out on which one I should pick up!

It doesnt matter which one that you will buy they will both give you a 1000watts at 1 ohm and more, whats your budget and goals. I would get whats in your budget, if you can afford to get the SAZ-1000D for more stability and power at lower voltages then go for that or buy the SAE-1000D and use that extra money for electrical upgrades and a voltmeter. Both will do exactly what you need just choose which would be better on your wallet or whatever your preference is when you buy car equioment (I would personally buy the SAZ-1000D since it is the top of the line and more stable when voltage drops.) Just my .02.

There is a very good deal on the sae 1200 : it's a pre-sale, but if you're not in a hurry think about it.

You can find informations on this same forum.

BTW I love my saz 1000on my Icon, and I am waiting for 2 more to power a 15' Xcon sub.(just waiting on a UPS tracking number now)

Good luck : you can't go wrong with these amps!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

I loved my SAZ-1000's They were very efficient!! I would personally get the SAZ.

i had both the SAE and SAZ amps and i had the power to back it up! once i got the saz it made eveything so much better b/c i had the electricall to bakc it all up!!

SAZ ftw

Edited by CrazyKenKid

Either amp is a good choice. I've got the SAE-1200D and am very happy with it's output. Now if you totally don't mind spending the extra money go with the SAZ.