ANT LAY

Subwoofer Fasteners

just kinda curious what yall use to mount your subs, ive used mostly just wood screws but was wondering what other recommendations were? Thanks

I use T-nuts and bolts, be sure to glue them into position though or they will come out.

hey duran, u ever had any problems with t-nuts for sub mounting before?

Someone told me long time ago that they preferred hurricane over Ts because the T-nuts would want to bite too close to the edge of the cutout hole where hurricane nuts bite only on the shaft.

Someone told me long time ago that they preferred hurricane over Ts because the T-nuts would want to bite too close to the edge of the cutout hole where hurricane nuts bite only on the shaft.

I had this happen on my current box and it was irritating. Looking to try the Hurricane nuts on my next box build.

not to say you guys are crazy because i LOVE me some overkill, hehe, but what makes you guys think u need to use bolts?

I've used standard wood screws on subs up to 50lbs on a flat walled type baffle before and never had a problem.

bolts are good for not messing up the wood on the box when removing the sub and putting it back.

Exactly ;)

I use threaded inserts. T-nuts blow goats IMO. I'd never use wood screws.

is the threaded inserts similar to the hurricanes mentioned, where is these sold or some info to read up on them? thanks

I use threaded inserts. T-nuts blow goats IMO. I'd never use wood screws.

what kind do you use ? I've tried the wood-inserts but for some reason all the want is to chew up my mdf, going straight into that hole doesnt seem to be a possibility for those damn things , I've thought about using finethreaded inserts for steel and glueing them with locktite into place , haven't tried it though .

for now I use T-nuts , I always glue them onto te mdf to prevent any problems

and another thing, the threading of those things is awefull I always check if its any good before using ...it may be the quality of steel that is to soft .they're still better than woodscrews

I've only tried threaded inserts in a fiberglass tailgate and they worked perfect. BASSmaster, 'suki' has some nice threaded inserts.

I tried googling Suki , all I got were pics my wife doesnt approve of !

maybe a link ?

I drew something up that would work even better , going to have that made to spec by one of my friends and see how that works out :shrug: