spbfitz

what is everyones opinion on AQ subs?

what do you want to know? they get very loud, handle 3x their rated power and over 6x rated power for burps that has ben documennted.

what do you want to know? they get very loud, handle 3x their rated power and over 6x rated power for burps that has ben documennted.

daaaaaaaaaaaaaam^^^^

The HDC3s are probably good. Although I'm not 100% happy with my SDCs. They seem to have trouble handling my SAE-1200D.

I love my hdc315's they great. If you're considering buy Aq, do it! You wont be dissappointed.

I don't really want to make a new topic since we are talking about AQ already. Do you think I would be happier moving from these 2 SDC 15" to a single HDC3 15" or 18"?

I don't really want to make a new topic since we are talking about AQ already. Do you think I would be happier moving from these 2 SDC 15" to a single HDC3 15" or 18"?

if they are heating up, you probably clipping them too much for daily.

DJ told me a user runs an aq1200d on each 2.5 and the 1200d is rated at 1470w with no problems so i'm assuming it's a clipped signal.

If you upgrade to hdc3, you'll get great sound using an amp under 1500w, anything more than that and you enable "brute force" mode.

if they are heating up, you probably clipping them too much for daily.

DJ told me a user runs an aq1200d on each 2.5 and the 1200d is rated at 1470w with no problems so i'm assuming it's a clipped signal.

If you upgrade to hdc3, you'll get great sound using an amp under 1500w, anything more than that and you enable "brute force" mode.

I mean my gain isn't even half way up and they are acting up. Volume never exceeds 25/35 on my HU. Everyone that gets in my car is surprised when I tell them I have 2 15s. Although my trunk came pretty sealed up from the factory so not a lot of air gets into the cabin. I've been worried about removing my rear speakers fearing that just 2 in the front wont be loud enough.

I may end up just moving on to an 15" HDC3 then picking up a 2nd & bigger amp later down the road.

Sorry to thread jack, I just hate seeing so much thread clutter about almost the same stuff.

it doesnt matter where the gain is set at... it matters if the gain is set right.

for the proper setup for your 2 2.5s, they would need to be in 9 cubes NET tuned to 35hz for best performance.

For you runnin that one amp to both of those 15s, it's gotta be clipping if it's the amp's fault, or the box design.

Of course i'm not there so i can only speculate.

Right now I'm at 6.8 cubes after port tuned to 34hz. I was worried a higher tuning would hurt the low end. This was the first box I ever built so there is most likely some improvement I can make. This is my first system so I could be setting the gain wrong. Hopefully I can meet up with someone local to help me out this weekend.

As for my rear speakers, do you think it would be better or worse? I'm scared since the speakers are stock the 2 in the front wont be loud enough.

see if u can meet/find bigjon.he may be able to help and he likes cars like yours too so it would be an incentive for him, lol

yeah i hope to meet him at the next Texas meet up. Hopefully I can get some pointers then. Thanks for your help.

Right now I'm at 6.8 cubes after port tuned to 34hz. I was worried a higher tuning would hurt the low end. This was the first box I ever built so there is most likely some improvement I can make. This is my first system so I could be setting the gain wrong. Hopefully I can meet up with someone local to help me out this weekend.

As for my rear speakers, do you think it would be better or worse? I'm scared since the speakers are stock the 2 in the front wont be loud enough.

Honestly your subs are drowning out your rears any way, so it would be better if you took them out since you cant hear them and it will allow for more pressure to get into the cabin from your subwoofers (which you will enjoy a lot more). Next step is to get start looking at amps and speakers so you can upgrade your front stage.

Alright, I'll go ahead and pull those rear speakers and see what happens. If I had the money, I'd already have a new front stage. I've already got my wiring I just need to save up for the amp and comp set.

I probably should start a new topic, but figured I could jump in here with a quick question or two.

Will a HDC318 or HDC318-A (Dvc2ohm) handle a SoundStream a SoundStream XXX-6500d at 1ohm on 18volts? What about a xxx-4000d at 1ohm at 18volts?

These will probably be the determining factors on me investing in 8 to 10 of them.

If you want to take the stock speakers in the back....

i would recommend upgrading your front stage...