sundownz

Sundown SA-8 Prototype Factory Picture

When I actually put the pre-order up I will provide an ETA -- and it is just that, ESTIMATED... I will make that clear again in the pre-sale post. They can be early and they can be late.

How tall are these?

Thinking maybe use 2 per door as my mids..................

J

They are DEEP... like I said, I will measure exactly to be sure I am 100% accurate when it arrives.

When I actually put the pre-order up I will provide an ETA -- and it is just that, ESTIMATED... I will make that clear again in the pre-sale post. They can be early and they can be late.

Thanks, I always wanted a pair of e8's. Now I get something better :)

nice iv been waiting on the x8 for awhile so it looks like im just goona get two of these to replace my re8s throw em in my box that 1.5 cubes tuned to 34 hz should be a nice upgrade two should sound nice on a sae 1200 at 1 ohm??

Edited by mudd

nice iv been waiting on the x8 for awhile so it looks like im just goona get two of these to replace my re8s throw em in my box that 1.5 cubes tuned to 3 hz should be a nice upgrade two should sound nice on a sae 1200 at 1 ohm??

you have a very low tuned box :)

lol 3hz tuned DAMN how do those sound and what does your port look like lol!!

Damnit, those are awesome prices. I wished I didn't just buy a 10" iXL for the girlfriend. She would have loved these. :(

damn that looks hot, lol :D

wonder how 6 of those would do in the mazda.

or in my crx still havent decided on new subs been looking at 15's and 8's

wtf? that is an 8inch sub? wow nice!! so what kind a RMS can it handle and box recommendations!! lol wow

400 RMS

I suggest small ported... it's not as good sealed as the E8 was, but better ported.

0.4-0.6 ported tuned to 30-40 Hz will be sick.

Holy crap that thing looks sick for an 8... Its a Beast!!!

I'd almost pick one up one for a coffie table conversation piece...

Wow...

I suck at dealing with ports.. I could not even see how to do this...

According to the port calc on the 12 volt page,

With a Port Diameter 4", Box Volume of .70 cubic feet, Tunning Freq 30 Hz

= Port Length of 50.829

Edited by smullen

4inch port..isn't that a little big? maybe step down to a 2inch port? or maybe 2 -2inch ports

A 2" port is going to be too small of a size for the air this thing is going to move. I've had single crappy 8's over work a 2" precision port. Doubleing the number of ports basically doubles the length that the ports need to be. ie, (1) 2" port is 4 inches, 2 2" ports are 10 inches each. A single 3" precision port may do the trick, that has more cross section than a 2 2"s and the length is the same as what 2 2"'s would need to be. Without knowing the final specs, it's going to be hard to figure out what cross section of a port is going to be enough.

When can we expect a test of one in car? I'd love to see what it's capable of ported, since the Mustang needs something in it.

Kef