sundownz

Sundown SA-8 Prototype Factory Picture

oh shit..

I'm not sure whether it's the angle of the pic, or if that thing has a big ole bottom.

wtf? that is an 8inch sub? wow nice!! so what kind a RMS can it handle and box recommendations!! lol wow

wtf? that is an 8inch sub? wow nice!! so what kind a RMS can it handle and box recommendations!! lol wow

400 RMS

I suggest small ported... it's not as good sealed as the E8 was, but better ported.

0.4-0.6 ported tuned to 30-40 Hz will be sick.

any pricing ideas?

and that is a pretty small enclsure! i wonder how 6 would sound on 2krms? any idea's?

Edited by CrazyKenKid

sixteen of these would be sweet fin my jeep...whats the pricing on these?

Edited by hrtbrk1

any pricing ideas?

and that is a pretty small enclsure! i wonder how 6 would sound on 2krms? any idea's?

I haven't tested it yet... but the design isn't a whole lot different from the SA-12 except having a smaller cone and using a 2" coil rather than 2.5" -- so I'd say it would sound great.

Price is TBA.

wow most definitally looking forward to these subs coming out!!! maybe my next build will be 6 of these on my saz2000 lol jsut to switch it up!!!! lol you never fail to amaze me jacob! you are the man!

Bit more information... motor is based on the SA-12 (10 and 15 are the same as well) but reduced magnet OD by 10mm and the coil to 2" from 2.5" so a decent sized spider could be used. Due to the smaller coil rating dropped to 400 RMS... but it retains all of the cooling features of the bigger SA drivers. This motor is unique to the SA-8 only -- none of our other drivers share it.

Travel is limited by the frame to around ~20mm each way... which is alot on an 8" driver.

Bit more information... motor is based on the SA-12 (10 and 15 are the same as well) but reduced magnet OD by 10mm and the coil to 2" from 2.5" so a decent sized spider could be used. Due to the smaller coil rating dropped to 400 RMS... but it retains all of the cooling features of the bigger SA drivers. This motor is unique to the SA-8 only -- none of our other drivers share it.

Travel is limited by the frame to around ~20mm each way... which is alot on an 8" driver.

are you refering to the xmax of this sub being 20mm WOW (0.78 of an inch (3/4inch) ) very nice!!

Linear x-max is closer to ~16mm or so by 70% BL -- the triple joint will hit frame / top plate at around 20mm or so... so it's pretty much linear up until right before the frame runs out of room.

wow that is a like a little tank of subs!!! very nice!! props to you!!

Damn. Look at that ass!

How much does it weigh?

Edited by phi

Damn. Look at that ass!

How much does it weigh?

lol don't ever say that to a girl lol!! but i would guess maybe 20lb's! lol ;)

That is one menacing looking 8" subwoofer! Looking forward to test results!

Looking at a pre-sale price of around $119 shipped + qty discounts !

So...

1x SA-8 = $119

2x SA-8 = $109 each

4x or more SA-8 = $99 each

Shipped in continental 48 states cost.