Sign in to follow this  
mikey5472

Uh Oh...

Ok I think it was last sunday. I was delivering pizza, I had just been listening to music not loud while I was taken a delivery, I turned my car off and walked into the pizza shop for maybe 5 minutes tops. Came back out turned my car on and drove off. Still listening to music then i realized that the sub was not on. The amp was on so I just figured maybe a connection problem. Checked the terminals they were fine, I pushed the sub in to see if the coil was scratching and nothing. I then took it out the next day and no connection problems on the inside. I did a pop test and nothing. No signal at all. I checked the tinsels and they seem fine. I could only see them on the outer part of the spider though. You can't see them because they go underneath the spider. I don't know what could be wrong with it. Mark or someone if I need to send it in give me a number to get ahold of you to get all the info or whatever. Please just help me... I believe I have done everything in my power to test what could be wrong.

Thanks,

Mikey

Ok I think it was last sunday. I was delivering pizza, I had just been listening to music not loud while I was taken a delivery, I turned my car off and walked into the pizza shop for maybe 5 minutes tops. Came back out turned my car on and drove off. Still listening to music then i realized that the sub was not on. The amp was on so I just figured maybe a connection problem. Checked the terminals they were fine, I pushed the sub in to see if the coil was scratching and nothing. I then took it out the next day and no connection problems on the inside. I did a pop test and nothing. No signal at all. I checked the tinsels and they seem fine. I could only see them on the outer part of the spider though. You can't see them because they go underneath the spider. I don't know what could be wrong with it. Mark or someone if I need to send it in give me a number to get ahold of you to get all the info or whatever. Please just help me... I believe I have done everything in my power to test what could be wrong.

Thanks,

Mikey

DId you check the resistance on the coils?

No. I don't have a dmm I don't think. Actually I might have one. I'l check that real quick.

No. I don't have a dmm I don't think. Actually I might have one. I'l check that real quick.

Advanced has them for pretty cheap.

well I have one, but it doesnt work. So i will go buy one real quick.

Ok well i went and bought a DMM. 1 coil reads .013 the other reads .001. It is a DVC2 XCON. So I am guessing something is wrong with the coil or the tinsels.

that's bad.. measure the probes together first?

You are measuring direct short is what it sounds like.

The probes together read 0...

Edited by mdizzle5472

yea that's not good. Contact SSA.

Just replied to your email. We have not had an Xcon fail in a daily driver install before, so I am interested to find out. Mikey, you got email, yes on a Sunday. ;)

Just replied to your email. We have not had an Xcon fail in a daily driver install before, so I am interested to find out. Mikey, you got email, yes on a Sunday. ;)

It wasnt gonna be long before one did, no matter how well you guys built the sub (everything in life messes up even though it was not designed to look at the Titanic as an example). Sorry to hear this, hope all goes well with the sub.

It wasnt gonna be long before one did, no matter how well you guys built the sub (everything in life messes up even though it was not designed to look at the Titanic as an example). Sorry to hear this, hope all goes well with the sub.

They have been out for a while. Either way, I am very curious to find out what happened.

Mikey, I wanted to ask, was it in box the one that is listed in your signature / shown in the avatar? I asked because I did not think at first about the box itself, meaning are you positive it is 7 cubes? I ask because the picture makes it look much bigger then that.

Mikey, I wanted to ask, was it in box the one that is listed in your signature / shown in the avatar? I asked because I did not think at first about the box itself, meaning are you positive it is 7 cubes? I ask because the picture makes it look much bigger then that.

X2.... that box looks huge

X2.... that box looks huge

Just for a quick reference, in a similar sized SUV, Mark's pair of Xcon 18's in their 12.5 cube box looks to be approximately the same size.

Just for a quick reference, in a similar sized SUV, Mark's pair of Xcon 18's in their 12.5 cube box looks to be approximately the same size.

Time for eyeballin' :)

Those jimmy's are 38 or 42 wide (I think it's 38)--it's not touching the sides so 34ish

the box is almost as wide as it is tall probably 30-32

and it's atleast 22 deep

roughly 10.5 gross, with roughly 2 cubes port displacement (if it doesn't make a bend at the back)

so roughly 8.5 ish net off eyeballin' :)

so probably plausable that it's 7 cubes being my eyeballin' isn't real accurate..

No that was the old box.

Time for eyeballin' :)

Those jimmy's are 38 or 42 wide (I think it's 38)--it's not touching the sides so 34ish

the box is almost as wide as it is tall probably 30-32

and it's atleast 22 deep

roughly 10.5 gross, with roughly 2 cubes port displacement (if it doesn't make a bend at the back)

so roughly 8.5 ish net off eyeballin' :)

so probably plausable that it's 7 cubes being my eyeballin' isn't real accurate..

36 wide 22 tall and 24 deep. 6 inch port. But that is the old box. the newer one is a little smaller.