hless421

Phoenix Gold RSD c104

Ok so i was looking for a couple of 10 inch subs that don't cost too much but still can do the job with no problems. 500w RMS each and good sound plus some good excursion. Then i find this sub. Now i know Phoenix Gold is not the best out there but these things look pretty solid.

Link for pics/specs http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18824_Phoenix+Gold+RSdC104+-RSdC+104-.html

So does anyone know anything about these? I'm open to suggestions as well. I will be using a Sundown SAZ 1000 to power them. Any info on this at all? Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Actually PG is usually a good choice. The RSDc's have a great feedback track record. For the price, looks like a good move.

Hey thanks man that definately helps. I went thru so many 10's and those really caught my eye. Budget wise they fit right in.

I forgot the company's name, but I had asked about the 12rsdc, and this is what they told me....

these woofers compair more to the w7 or image dynamics idmax woofers they take 1 to 1.25 cubic foot sealed and 1.25 to 1.75 cubic feet ported i have a sheet from car audio magazine that rated these woofers #4 out of 25 brands of woofers the jl w6 was #8 i can forward you this info if you would like the critical mass UL-12 was #1 but also comes with a healthy price of $1800.00 per woofer

Just thought that this would help a lil bit. They do look pretty good. 4 of these would be lovely!!!!

was the person that told you they compared to an IDMAX and a W7, trying to sell you a set of the RSD 12's?

not trying to imply that they are no good, but if there was something that compared to a W7, or an IDMAX for 110 bucks I think just about everyone and their mom would own a set.

of course I also dont know how long they have had the "instant $210.00 savings"

was the person that told you they compared to an IDMAX and a W7, trying to sell you a set of the RSD 12's?

not trying to imply that they are no good, but if there was something that compared to a W7, or an IDMAX for 110 bucks I think just about everyone and their mom would own a set.

That does seem a bit odd to compare those with a w7 and idmax. Maybe they meant the sound quality who knows. All i know is they sound great with 500w and they are priced right at 190 for a pair. My concern is if they're gonna last. Only 1 way to find out i guess.

That does seem a bit odd to compare those with a w7 and idmax. Maybe they meant the sound quality who knows. All i know is they sound great with 500w and they are priced right at 190 for a pair. My concern is if they're gonna last. Only 1 way to find out i guess.

As long as you play it within its specifications I dont see why any sub wouldnt be able to last.

That was a very good point!!! They were selling the sub, but had also stated that in a subwoofer review, the jl audio w6 was rated #8, the phoenix gold rsdc was rated # 4, and the critical mass ul12 was rated at #1, but with the price tag of $2000.

PG has always been a good company, they could be cheaper because nobody is buying their products.... Amazon had the crazy sale on their rsd subs a while back and those got pretty good reviews. The rsdc have a higher rms rating, taller surround and etc..

I know companys in the bay area stopped selling PG products because they would take too long to ship(if I remember) and it took forever for new products to come out. They never said they weren't a good/great company though.

I think you should buy them and post a review... A $200 hit is nothing in which case I don't think u r going to lose....

I've spent close 2 10,000 dollars on car audio so 200 is nothing lol

Started with mtx 8000subs, audiobahn hc2300 amp, soundstream tarantula 2000 watt monoblock amp, jl audio 1000/1, 10w7's, re audio xxx, mmats 3500.1 amps(2), audioque hdc12 and 1200 amo, pap wmd, focal krx2.... trying to save money for an xcon, so I can do a mass review and give an honest review. Won't be too soon, but it will come:-)

Anyway, but the PG subs now.. do it...dooo it lol

That was a very good point!!! They were selling the sub, but had also stated that in a subwoofer review, the jl audio w6 was rated #8, the phoenix gold rsdc was rated # 4, and the critical mass ul12 was rated at #1, but with the price tag of $2000.

PG has always been a good company, they could be cheaper because nobody is buying their products.... Amazon had the crazy sale on their rsd subs a while back and those got pretty good reviews. The rsdc have a higher rms rating, taller surround and etc..

I know companys in the bay area stopped selling PG products because they would take too long to ship(if I remember) and it took forever for new products to come out. They never said they weren't a good/great company though.

I think you should buy them and post a review... A $200 hit is nothing in which case I don't think u r going to lose....

Started with mtx 8000subs, audiobahn hc2300 amp, soundstream tarantula 2000 watt monoblock amp, jl audio 1000/1, 10w7's, re audio xxx, mmats 3500.1 amps(2), audioque hdc12 and 1200 amo, pap wmd, focal krx2.... trying to save money for an xcon, so I can do a mass review and give an honest review. Won't be too soon, but it will come:-)

Yea $200 for a pair of subs isn't much. I pretty much have my mind set on getting those. I checked out a bunch of subs and there's always something i dont like about them. From specs to looks there's really not much out there. I could get some kickers but damn everyone gets kicker. Now i just have to sell the Fi SSD 12 i have and get the PG's. I heard good highs before the Fi and i heard really good lows with the Fi so im curious how this is going to end up. Then i'll be set for a while and can save up for some real drivers :).

Yea $200 for a pair of subs isn't much. I pretty much have my mind set on getting those. I checked out a bunch of subs and there's always something i dont like about them. From specs to looks there's really not much out there. I could get some kickers but damn everyone gets kicker. Now i just have to sell the Fi SSD 12 i have and get the PG's. I heard good highs before the Fi and i heard really good lows with the Fi so im curious how this is going to end up. Then i'll be set for a while and can save up for some real drivers :).

what dont you like about the SSD?

X2

I would keep it and enjoy the lows until I save up enough to buy some real drivers like you plan (dont waste money cause you wanna half-ass do something until you do it right later on). Just my .02.

The SSD is a very good driver, especially for the money. :)

I like the SSD it's a beast on lows but cuts off pretty early on the high end. And also i want to change to two 10's.

I like the SSD it's a beast on lows but cuts off pretty early on the high end. And also i want to change to two 10's.

In sub woofers, cone size has very little to do with frequency response. I suggest rebuilding your box, adjust your tuning and amp setting, and/or have your mid-bass' come down lower, if not improve your mid-bass speakers.

I would keep it and enjoy the lows until I save up enough to buy some real drivers like you plan (dont waste money cause you wanna half-ass do something until you do it right later on). Just my .02.

I think you make a good point. Maybe i should stick with it for a while then. I would get another but it weighs so much. And then there's the box...

In sub woofers, cone size has very little to do with frequency response. I suggest rebuilding your box, adjust your tuning and amp setting, and/or have your mid-bass' come down lower, if not improve your mid-bass speakers.

I think you're right about the front stage. I should focus on that instead. Speakers should be able to fill in the higher frequencies. Don't fix it if it ain't broken. Or fix what's not working out.

Jake has a lot of reconed SI BM 10s for 60 a piece if you decide you want 10s anyways. They sould be a really good sounding driver.

Jake has a lot of reconed SI BM 10s for 60 a piece if you decide you want 10s anyways. They sould be a really good sounding driver.

I saw these but i have no clue if they're dual 4 ohm or not. If they are then i can't read or something lol because i wanted a couple.

im pretty sure they are d4 but never mind them. focus up front. getting bass to "come" from upfront is many times more satisfying compared to making a sub play high and becoming localized.

im pretty sure they are d4 but never mind them. focus up front. getting bass to "come" from upfront is many times more satisfying compared to making a sub play high and becoming localized.

Can i just buy a couple of those anyway lol they're a steal. Alright so the SSD won't be going anywhere for some time.

Does anyone have any reccomendations for 5.25 speakers?

They look to be a great deal! If it were me and I had the $, I would get them to play around with.