shizzzon

Hell-Razor's Build Log

Dang! That sub's got a helluva booty!!! Keep pluggin' away at that install man!

What batteries do you have again, did you get replacement C&D batteries from the one that was messed up if you stuck with those batteries?

What batteries do you have again, did you get replacement C&D batteries from the one that was messed up if you stuck with those batteries?

Yes I got a replacement C&D battery. Shipped a LOT better this time.

Dang! That sub's got a helluva booty!!! Keep pluggin' away at that install man!

Oh I am goin! I just need to plug in the amps and pull the fuses (on the big one) so I have everything ready for the box to be installed. Tuesday Ill post as many pics as I can. Install is starting 9am central and hopefully it will be completed! I know that the woofer will have to wait until this weekend because I dont have the box built for it (yet).

Two things here --

1) I didnt realize how much bloody work this takes to get things rockin! I have my front end installed and pics are coming soon!

2) With my front end. I have a SAX-50.4 amp. I wired the knob and everything except it doesnt do anything. The light lights up but nothing ever happens when I turn it to max. Isnt it supposed to act as a volume / gain knob? At the moment it does nothing...

Well I finally am starting to add some pictures here....

Workin on the car --

img00046.jpg

Just a quick look a the wiring mess behind the cdplayer --

img00037.jpg

Look at the mess on the center console --

img00039.jpg

Quick look under the hood -- notice the blue wire isn't connected to the back battery yet.... Well it is now =)

img00042z.jpg

The glove box is ripped off -- needed to get behind it to lay some wires --

img00038n.jpg

And the mess behind the seats... MMMM amplifiers --

img00040l.jpg

As we go back, we should check out some of the trunk.... (grinding off the paint to get a good solid ground) --

img00041t.jpg

A quick picture of the battery sitting where the spare tire used to be...

img00047j.jpg

OH look no more mess --

img00048b.jpg

Little mess here but nothing big... Glove box now serves the purpose it was intended of doing --

img00049b.jpg

Ill toss more pics up. Too bad I already have most lines laid and forgot to take pictures :noob:

Edited by Hell-Razor

with ur gain knob, i think u want to set ur gains on ur amp first and then use ur knob to turn it down. when the knob is turned all the way up, it will be at the level ur amp is set to.

That is what I thought. I turned the knob about halfway for giggles and the knob still does nothing. The gain is pretty low now.

alright my shits in and its BANGIN. but the only thing is is i don't think i wired it correctly. I did positive and positive on the subs (both terminals) to the positive on the amp. then the same with the negatives. i also changed the box around a little bit. made it 3.75 cubs tuned to 32.5hz port firing forward. Ill run down tomorrow after i wake up and toss some pictures up. its a wiring mess right now so i warn you i wont have time to fix it until later.

So you have the sub and port firing forward into the car, is your trunk sealed off from your cabin aswell?

What are your settings on your amp and headunit?

Did you end up getting the battery in there too?

Is your alternator in too?

So you have the sub and port firing forward into the car, is your trunk sealed off from your cabin aswell?

What are your settings on your amp and headunit?

Did you end up getting the battery in there too?

Is your alternator in too?

Trunk will be sealed off soon, battery is in.

I just upped the amp gain a little bit (only at about 1/3 now). the subsonic filter i would say is set around 28hz, but not sure. I didn't really play with the other knobs yet. I also turned the volume up a fair amount to hear what it could do... did very nice on the lows.

Head unit settings (as in bass boost?) none of that is enabled. loudness is off. i have the high pass filter on the headunit set at like 80hz (only thing it lets me set it at).

Alty is not in yet. hopefully Monday when my mechanic gets time

Edited by Hell-Razor

ALRIGHT! here we go. I just have been suuuper busy lately working and finals are here (i hate college). I know its a wiring mess right now but things will be fixed probably this weekend!

img00052w.jpg Angle from drivers side back door.

img00053u.jpg Better angle.

img00054.jpg Small amp FINALLY mounted to back of seats (had to use a screw for metal and a self tapping one for that matter)

img00056v.jpg Picture of the wiring mess from the passenger side back door.

EDIT: 1) The amp is not just sitting there (just realized it looks that way). It is mounted to the frame of the car.

2) The white around the edges of the woofer is silicone, Ill cut it off when I repaint

3) I just realized I didn't get a good shot of the port.

Edited by Hell-Razor

So what do you guys think? I will try and post a video later.

Also, I have the subsonic filter set at 28hz and my box is tuned to 31.5. Is that too low?

So what do you guys think? I will try and post a video later.

Also, I have the subsonic filter set at 28hz and my box is tuned to 31.5. Is that too low?

Naw that should be fine in the region, just watch the sub on some songs were it has lots of excursion (your eyes and ears will be the best test but you should be good). Looks good, do you have any updates or is everything still the same, is that SAX-50.4 treating you nicely on your interior speakers (thinking of getting one myself)?

yeah man that 50.4 is treating me very well. I don't believe it but the speakers I have can keep up (somewhat) with my woofer. I still haven't tried to push my woofer yet though because I don't know how much is too much. I have been having other problems lately with work and whatnot so I have not been able to really dial the amp(s) to what they can really do. Maybe sometime next week? And a video? not sue but I don't want to promise something and not be able to get it done.

Also, does anybody know a easy way to see how low the bass is in a song?

Alright update here --

I am stuck in a little predicament here... Do I build a new box or do I sell my DC Level 5 15" and go with 4 10" Fi BLs (or SSDs) and use my 3500D to power?

OR

Do I rebuild my box to see if that may be the issue (I think my 15 is lacking a good umph, but it does have a hell of an umph). Here is a design by Dave the Box Guy: that I will build if I decide to not change my setup:

justinsingle15splanddai.jpg

Aero Ports:

One port in 2 ports in

12"-35 hz 12"-50 hz (Internal)

13"-34 hz 13"-49 hz (1 inch out)

14"-33 hz 14"-48 hz (2 inchs out)

15"-32 hz 15"-46 hz (3 inchs out)

16"-31 hz 16"-45 hz (4 inches out)

17" 30 hz 17"-44 hz (5 inches out)

** I'm thinking of either doing the 2 inches out or all internal**

I am just having a hard time figuring out if this box will really be big enough for my 3500D and 1 DC level 5 15