04BlueSRT

Anyone ever use name brand speakers?

I've been looking into the Infinity Reference 6000cs and the Polk db6500's. Anyone hear anything good or bad about either of these component sets? Any alternative suggestions for 6.5"-6.75" comps in the $200 range?

Thanks,

Ed

I've been looking into the Infinity Reference 6000cs and the Polk db6500's. Anyone hear anything good or bad about either of these component sets? Any alternative suggestions in the $200 range?

Thanks,

Ed

The infinities lack in midbass...A LOT. Never heard the polk's in car, sound "ok" at a shop in the wall.

NG

I've been looking into the Infinity Reference 6000cs and the Polk db6500's. Anyone hear anything good or bad about either of these component sets? Any alternative suggestions in the $200 range?

Thanks,

Ed

The infinities lack in midbass...A LOT. Never heard the polk's in car, sound "ok" at a shop in the wall.

NG

I was leaning toward the Infinity's, glad to know that they are lacking. I'll maybe look into something else along with the Polk's.

Thanks,

Ed

NG

I was leaning toward the Infinity's, glad to know that they are lacking. I'll maybe look into something else along with the Polk's.

Why not some CDT ef61cfi/25, under $200 brand new with warranty shipped from Don. Don is an authorized CDT dealer. Hit him up tell him I sent ya.

AIM: djdilliondon

Email: Islandsound1@yahoo.com

I have owned THREE sets of CDT components throughought the years, and loved all three...especially for the price. The particular set mentioned above comes with upgraded xover, and upgrade tweeter (1" silk). I loved mine in my truck!

NG

Cool, I'll hit him up and see what we can do. Thanks!

Ed

I have owned THREE sets of CDT components throughought the years, and loved all three...especially for the price. The particular set mentioned above comes with upgraded xover, and upgrade tweeter (1" silk). I loved mine in my truck!

NG

Which 3 sets did you own and which one was the best? How was the sound?

This is my first post here! :woot:

get some rainbows and call it a day. lol

Also is there a place I can look up those CDT's online?

Also is there a place I can look up those CDT's online?

www.cdtaudio.com

I enjoy a few models they offer. Seem pretty well priced, too.

The $200 range offers a fair amount of options from the 'mainstream' brands. As with any speaker, I still have to suggest listening to as many different sets as possible locally to get a taste of what you like and what you don't like.

i second steve...and will suggest the memphis msynqs...should be easy to find around $200..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Pshh, all you mention is memphis gear.

NG

I've owned:

TWO sets of CDT Cl-61

CDT ef61cfi/25

Also heard:

CDT HD62

CDT EF61cv's

CDT EF51CV's

CDT EF61's

The best out of the set was the HD's, they love power...the more power=more midbass. The best price to performance ratio HANDS DOWN was the set of EF61cfi/25's I owned...as stated, upgraded xover and tweet, carbon fiber mids, all for under $200 shipped. peace

NG

lol...i know...but i like them, alot.

i've never heard cdt's, rainbow's ,eD's and the like.

i've heard focal, alpine, mb quart, jl audio, lightning audio, kicker, clarion, bostons, sony and kenwood. and out of all those, i like the memphis the best. even the metallic tweets aren't super bright/ harsh.

and u gotta go with what ya know!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

NG

I've owned:

TWO sets of CDT Cl-61

CDT ef61cfi/25

Also heard:

CDT HD62

CDT EF61cv's

CDT EF51CV's

CDT EF61's

The best out of the set was the HD's, they love power...the more power=more midbass. The best price to performance ratio HANDS DOWN was the set of EF61cfi/25's I owned...as stated, upgraded xover and tweet, carbon fiber mids, all for under $200 shipped. peace

NG

I love my HDs before them I had the CL-61 even those sounded good for a $100 set. Beofer that I had the infinity perfects, didnt like them at all.

Other brands in your price range are

CDT

DLS

MB Quart

Alpine

Bravox

Lower end rainbow

There is many, many, more

I am not an expert on components, but I do love the sound of my RF Fanatic Q's because of their smooth tweeter, I prefer soft dome,

but then I do like MB Quarts from time to time for all out SQ, for a decent component set for a good price I usually opt for the Crystals

i second steve...and will suggest the memphis msynqs...should be easy to find around $200..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Speaking of Memphis, you know where I could get a 15-MC104D?

i've heard focal, alpine, mb quart, jl audio, lightning audio, kicker, clarion, bostons, sony and kenwood. and out of all those, i like the memphis the best. even the metallic tweets aren't super bright/ harsh.

CDT=eD ;)

i used to own the polks. decent midbass i must say when i had em running off the HU. would have amped em, but i made the mistake of leaving em in the trunk with my electric drill, and the drilled pwned it rite thru the cone bwahaha.

I am not an expert on components, but I do love the sound of my RF Fanatic Q's because of their smooth tweeter, I prefer soft dome,

but then I do like MB Quarts from time to time for all out SQ, for a decent component set for a good price I usually opt for the Crystals

You know the only problem I had with my fanatic xs, was that everytime i went to get in the car it was like they had to warm up. But on long trips, they sound really nice, its like they just keep sounding better and better the longer they play.

CDT=eD ;)

well, i knew eD was a knock off (read made by) of someone, but i knew not who...lol

also, 04..yep..i can get those 4"..but it will be tuesday before i can get a price...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

also, 04..yep..i can get those 4"..but it will be tuesday before i can get a price...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Cool, :fing34: let me know, local place wants $120.

I've been looking into the Infinity Reference 6000cs and the Polk db6500's. Anyone hear anything good or bad about either of these component sets? Any alternative suggestions for 6.5"-6.75" comps in the $200 range?

Thanks,

Ed

Honestly, until this time last week, I was running Infinity Reference 6.5 coaxials in the rear doors of my trailblazer: 80rms actual, bandpassed 60-250hz, IB with a fair bit of deadening. They did surprisingly well. Until I was testing my install for another purpose and managed to cook the lil guys. I set them up for 80wrms actual @ 100hz. They gave out on a 60-80hz sweep and a little higher then my set volume. Otherwise, they'd done a decent job of filling in as dedicated mid's for about 2 months.

For <$50 new, I cant complain. To replace them I will be looking into a higher budget though.

As far as 'brand name' stuff.... Kicker 1ways are nice. Possibly Pioneer, but I havent messed with their speakers in a looong time.

Internet Brands (as it were) - Heard some Bravox a few days ago, :). CDT EF Mids are NIIICE little woofers. Adire Kodas. JBL's GT line.

Thanks,

Ed

NG

See above - the reference vs my CDT CL's didn't do a half bad job (given the price ratio). IB with heavy deadening. <shrug>

CDT=eD ;)

No, eDuh = Rebadged CDT. ;)

NG

Welcome!

-Nick

You know the only problem I had with my fanatic xs, was that everytime i went to get in the car it was like they had to warm up. But on long trips, they sound really nice, its like they just keep sounding better and better the longer they play.

welcome to SSA :fing34: