Mark LaFountain

Waterford CT, 9/27...tomorrow

wow ofcourse when the co-owner of ssa goes to an NESPL event i can't go :angry22:

haha he's kind of like a celebrity for us i guess you could say.

I'll be there, Oh wait, I'm running it so of course I'll be there, lol. There's actually a thread on here of NESPL shows and it's been posted in there. That would be cool if you were to make it to the show.

Edited by SPL Blazer

well I'm staying at my friends literally 1/2 mile away, so I'll deff show up, and as luck has it, I brought my truck for you guys to hear. Yes I know, I'm crazy, drove from AZ to NY then to CT. lol

well I'm staying at my friends literally 1/2 mile away, so I'll deff show up, and as luck has it, I brought my truck for you guys to hear. Yes I know, I'm crazy, drove from AZ to NY then to CT. lol

awesome i will love to hear your truck wats its got in it and what you hit for numbers

He posted on the other forum that it's more of a demo truck, not an SPL vehicle.

Msn and google are saying close to 5 hours one way. :(

leave now! drive back tomorrow night, it will be fun...

do it!

leave now! drive back tomorrow night, it will be fun...

do it!

We are leaving now for pub golf. ;)

thats not bad, we have guys coming down from Maine to spectate, they're driving about 4-5 hours each way.

Some guys are booking hotel rooms for tonight too.

Edited by SPL Blazer

I'll be there...3hrs and 30 min for me. Since I've made no changes I'll be in Stock 4 and supporting my customers. There are a few cars with big changes that I'm really looking forward to seeing ;)

I'll be there...3hrs and 30 min for me. Since I've made no changes I'll be in Stock 4 and supporting my customers. There are a few cars with big changes that I'm really looking forward to seeing ;)

I might be able to guess a few of them :-) Can't wait for this event, most of my club has built for this event in particular. Thats sweet timing to have Mark in town for this, looking forward to meeting you, if it weren't CT. on a Sunday I'd say I'd by ya a beer, but they got them weird laws down there so guess thats out. I'll be the real tall skinny guy who acts like he's drank a gallon of redbull (I get too amped for events still lol).

alright so what's up? I hope bossman is up haha. but any talk of cancelation due to weather?

also, would i be alright if I was to show up a little late?

alright so what's up? I hope bossman is up haha. but any talk of cancelation due to weather?

also, would i be alright if I was to show up a little late?

You'd probly be better off coming late as its supposed to stop raining around noon. So far this show is on and sounds like it will be but if you do decide to go feel free to give me a buzz 1st to be sure. Pretty sure you have my number but I'll PM it to you just in case. Hope to so you there.

I tried calling the station, but there's no answer. So I can only assume like the rest of you that it's still on. The people actually in charge of the show have my number and said they'd call if it gets postponed. I'll let people know if I hear anything, otherwise I'll see you all there.

Marcus, I really doubt they'll have a problem with people showing up a little late. If they say anything at the gate tell them your only doing SPL so you don't need to be judged with the car show. Try not to show up at 3 though, try and keep it before 2 pm if possible. My guestimate on the car show is that they've got at least 50 cars not coming out cause of the rain, and thats just the ones I talk to. So they won't take long to judge the car show.

OK, I JUST GOT THE CALL, THE SHOW HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL OCT 4TH.

Yeah, kinda sux, was hoping to meet you.

On the other hand, we are going to be using a generator and we use a 32" plasma screen tv as a monitor so the rain isn't something we want to be running a show in. Water and power don't work well together.

Just got home from pub golf. There is no way I could have made the trip today. Maybe I can plan ahead for the next date.

The rain date is next Sunday. Or even October 11th, we'll be in Chicopee Mass that day.