Sign in to follow this  
ridn.strappd

How to get the most out of my amp?

Okay... Just ordered my 12" BTL fully loaded dual 1 ohm the other day, im GEEKED!! First question, i have a Hifonics BXI2610D amp, i wanna wire my sub to 1ohm to get the most power... correct? how do i do this? second, i have a stock battery and alt in an 02 cougar... do i absolutely HAVE to upgrade? Third, i bought a ported box off of a buddy, he says its 2.7ft^3, is this going to sound good with the amp and sub i have? By the way, im running 0 gauge wires and a wimpy 4 farad cap.

I'm kindof a car audio newb you could say so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Okay... Just ordered my 12" BTL fully loaded dual 1 ohm the other day, im GEEKED!! First question, i have a Hifonics BXI2610D amp, i wanna wire my sub to 1ohm to get the most power... correct? how do i do this? second, i have a stock battery and alt in an 02 cougar... do i absolutely HAVE to upgrade? Third, i bought a ported box off of a buddy, he says its 2.7ft^3, is this going to sound good with the amp and sub i have? By the way, im running 0 gauge wires and a wimpy 4 farad cap.

I'm kindof a car audio newb you could say so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

First off you will want to contact Scott or Nick and have them change it to a dual 2 ohm so it can be wired to 1 ohm. The dual 1 ohm will be wired at .5 ohm or 2 ohm so you wont get all the power from the amp that you want.

You dont have to upgrade if you dont want to. You dont have to do anything you dont want to. But it would be a good idea if you want all the power you can get.

The box depends on how its tuned. I dont remember if 2.7 is enough but a quick glance at ficaraudio.com will tell you the proper size.

Everyone will tell you to ditch the cap and go with extra batts.

Ditch the cap, upgrade the big three wires to 1/0 wire and buy a secondary battery (well if you dont want to do it then waste your money on damaging your equipment, alternator, etc.) If you can get the sub changed to dual 2 ohm(try emailing them tomorrow to get this issue fixed), the sub will see less than the rated 1700wrms @ 2 ohms but it will still power it well.

First off you will want to contact Scott or Nick and have them change it to a dual 2 ohm so it can be wired to 1 ohm. The dual 1 ohm will be wired at .5 ohm or 2 ohm so you wont get all the power from the amp that you want.

You dont have to upgrade if you dont want to. You dont have to do anything you dont want to. But it would be a good idea if you want all the power you can get.

The box depends on how its tuned. I dont remember if 2.7 is enough but a quick glance at ficaraudio.com will tell you the proper size.

Everyone will tell you to ditch the cap and go with extra batts.

Thanks for the advice, i emailed the fi team and asked to get it switched to dual 2 ohm, i ordered 2 days ago so i dont se it being a problem.

Can someone please give me a wiring diagram on how to wire the dual 2 to 1ohm, or how to wire the dual 1 to 2 ohms just incasew they cannot change the order? Thanks

Another question, If i don't get a secondary battery or new alt, and i have to get the dual 1 ohm sub and wire it to 2 ohms getting the said to be 1700w rms (probably 1500w) do you think it'll still pound?

I was going to go with a jl audio 13w7 but i was convinced these were better subs and much louder, my goal is to beat my buddy in a db drag, hes got a stock alt, stock battery, 0 gauge wires, a rockford t1500.1bd amp and its powering 2 13w7s he said hes hitting 143's on the termlab.

Another question, If i don't get a secondary battery or new alt, and i have to get the dual 1 ohm sub and wire it to 2 ohms getting the said to be 1700w rms (probably 1500w) do you think it'll still pound?

I was going to go with a jl audio 13w7 but i was convinced these were better subs and much louder, my goal is to beat my buddy in a db drag, hes got a stock alt, stock battery, 0 gauge wires, a rockford t1500.1bd amp and its powering 2 13w7s he said hes hitting 143's on the termlab.

well since he has two and you have one and hes running about as much if not more power then hes gonna have you, but if you go big3 then another battery I think you can be right there next to him and easily beat him

it will still pound ;) im running at 350W RMS and its pounding. It all depends of box you have, just try moving box around the trunk. If you dont want to get second batt, you might wanna buy new and bigger one to replace your current batt.

well since he has two and you have one and hes running about as much if not more power then hes gonna have you, but if you go big3 then another battery I think you can be right there next to him and easily beat him

Thats the worst info ever, yes the sub will pound and still be loud (there is no such thing as UNDERPOWERING a sub, it will actual preserve some of the life instead of pushing it to its limits on a daily). Just because a sub is recommended to see 2000rms does not mean it needs all 2000rms or more, be careful with your equipment if you want to keep it. You may be able to beat him, you may not its all install dependent (box, tuning, power, electrical upgrades and vehicle all play a role). Nobody on this website will be able to answer that question, just be happy with you equipment and treat it right.

Dual 2 Ohm, At least 500-1000w, should get loud.

Once you upgrade electrical, that shoud help.

Sign in to follow this