forsellb

Actual stats on 3500D

Im gonna get 2 Fi BTL 12s 2ohm DVC and Im going to be getting a 3500D, whats the wattage at 13.8-14.4volts? would it be able to put out about 3500wrms for the subs? Or would I be better off with two 2000Ds?

p.s. Ill have two batteries, big3, and all the electrical I need.

from the real world testing here, the amplifier will output 3.5kW

also, you'd want to figure out your sub impedence to get the best potential out of the amp for daily unless you were specifically looking at competition.

With 2x dual 2ohm subs, you'd have a 0.5ohm nominal load, but I'd recommend either dual 4 or dual 1 in para/para or para/series respectively to get a 1ohm nominal load.

Of course, it all depends on which way you want to swing it.

Well you cants get dual 4ohm BTLs can you? But with the Para/series if you ran one sub para and one series it wouldnt make it sound different would it? It would just change the impedance?

I think Ill just be getting two 2000D... but I really dont know

What about 2 1500d at 13.4+volts? Its says they were rated at 1970wrms at 1.23ohms at 12.85V... but if I jump it up to 13.5ish would it hit a lil over 2000wrms?

It doesn't matter which you get. You'll never hear the 250 watt difference between 1750 per sub with the 3500d or 2000 with the 2000d on each. I'd just get whichever is cheaper.

its not running the sub in parallel and series for each sub.. its running parallel and series wiring at the same time

if the subs is dual 1ohm, and is paralleled, it runs 0.5ohm. If you ran 2x subs which are paralleled in series, then that = 1ohm

You'd better get 2 DVC 1ohm to play at 1 ohm load on your 3500watts amp.

If you chose the 2 amp solution you need the DVC 2 Ohms.

If you don't really compete, take the cheapest and the easiest solution!

Listen to KU40fing34.gif

Tell us what you decide !!!

its not running the sub in parallel and series for each sub.. its running parallel and series wiring at the same time

if the subs is dual 1ohm, and is paralleled, it runs 0.5ohm. If you ran 2x subs which are paralleled in series, then that = 1ohm

gotcha

You'd better get 2 DVC 1ohm to play at 1 ohm load on your 3500watts amp.

If you chose the 2 amp solution you need the DVC 2 Ohms.

If you don't really compete, take the cheapest and the easiest solution!

Listen to KU40fing34.gif

Tell us what you decide !!!

So if I go with ONE amp then I need the DVC 1ohm BTLs? and if I choose 2 amps then I need the DVC 2ohm sub?

Also I want to run the subs right at 2000 if not a lil over.. I dont like underpowering, seems like a bit of a waste to me..

Also I want to run the subs right at 2000 if not a lil over.. I dont like underpowering, seems like a bit of a waste to me..

There is no such thing as underpowering (the only waste is trying to push amps & subs to their extreme everyday and eventually messing one up because you lack the knowledge). Just get the 2-Sundown SAZ-2000D and BTL's at Dual 2 ohm or 1-Sundown SAZ-3500D and BTL's at Dual 1 ohm and go from their, it doesnt matter which one wont really make a difference.

There is no such thing as underpowering (the only waste is trying to push amps & subs to their extreme everyday and eventually messing one up because you lack the knowledge). Just get the 2-Sundown SAZ-2000D and BTL's at Dual 2 ohm or 1-Sundown SAZ-3500D and BTL's at Dual 1 ohm and go from their, it doesnt matter which one wont really make a difference.

I ran 1 Sundown 3500d @ 0.5ohm on 2 nightshade 12's (dual 2's) ohm rise to 1.10 and volts dropped to 13.8 clamped 4038 watts out of it! IN CAR REAL POWER TEST!

Going to need an alternator as well