i was riding in my car on the highway the other day when my subs went completely off and i smelled something burnt. I stopped and the only thing i found was that the wire connecting sub to the amp came out of the amp and i think it touched the amp it self. The amp went into protection when it went off. my Highs gave me a whistling noise when it went off and would get low in volume. After i connected the wire back and shut the car back on. The subs came back on but doesnt sound as loud. And when i turn the volume up, i hear engine noise in my highs. Can somebody please help me figure out what happened and how to fix it. Thank U!

first of all what amp and sub and speakers do you own. maybe the sub might have sounded to be a little bit less loud b/c you were a little pareniod?

you are saying one of the sub leads came out of the amp correct?

first of all what amp and sub and speakers do you own. maybe the sub might have sounded to be a little bit less loud b/c you were a little pareniod?

you are saying one of the sub leads came out of the amp correct?

i have a hifonics colossus xx version. its a 2 channel.

1100 x 2 a 2ohm

1600 x 2 a 1ohm

3200 x 1 a 2ohm bridged

im only using one channel because i blew one of the subs. the subs are audipipe txx-ap15s. 1000 rms and 2000 max. its running on one channel at 2 ohms.

Edited by supaduppaman

interesting i was talking to my buddy who was running a similar amp to the one you are talking about and the same thing happened to him although when his popped out and then hit the terminal again it killed a output transistor. something along those lines. but your sub still fires so ya i don't really know what is up maybe something in the pre-amp is half burnt or something interesting. most definitely take it in or even open the amp yourself and post some pics of it and see what the experts on here say about your pics!!

also you said you are only using 1 of the 2 channels b/c channel 1 (or 2) blow one of your subs? is this sub still connected?

Edited by CrazyKenKid

interesting i was talking to my buddy who was running a similar amp to the one you are talking about and the same thing happened to him although when his popped out and then hit the terminal again it killed a output transistor. something along those lines. but your sub still fires so ya i don't really know what is up maybe something in the pre-amp is half burnt or something interesting. most definitely take it in or even open the amp yourself and post some pics of it and see what the experts on here say about your pics!!

also you said you are only using 1 of the 2 channels b/c channel 1 (or 2) blow one of your subs? is this sub still connected?

yes its still connected, but its been connected way be fore this happened and never had a problem with the other sub or engine noise

im gonna go out on a limb here and say that it maybe be your head unit.... change it out if you have another or even just pull a friends head unit and run RCAs from his deck in his car to yout amps in your car....or even use an IPOD...

pioneers have a ground fuse that pops when crazy things happen in the signel line.....

check it out.. i could be wrong but its a start.

keep us posted.

im gonna go out on a limb here and say that it maybe be your head unit.... change it out if you have another or even just pull a friends head unit and run RCAs from his deck in his car to yout amps in your car....or even use an IPOD...

pioneers have a ground fuse that pops when crazy things happen in the signel line.....

keep us posted.

I was going to say the same thing!

If you have a Pioneer hu, you may have a groung problem with your rca's'

I had the same problem! But the noise seems to go away after adding a new ground to EACH rca's of the hu.

Good luck !

what u guys are referring to shouldnt be the problem.

He said his subs dont sound as loud and there is whistling in his highs now....

When the preouts go all crazy like that, they dont work at all until they are regrounded.

it's possible one of your subs is either damaged or disconnected somewhere.

When searching for the answer to the whistling, first unhook all rcas going into all amps and see if that fixes it. Next, plug one set up at a time and retest until the noise comes back to determine what is causing it.

When the preouts go all crazy like that, they dont work at all until they are regrounded.

sure they do.... they just sound like there is a teradactal in your car.

sure they do.... they just sound like there is a teradactal in your car.

x2, haha it damn sure will sound like the prehistoric age is coming out from your speakers.

if you smelt something and now its not as loud you may have blown a coil and be using less power and running on half a sub. id pull sub and check impedence.

keep us posted.

i know its kind of late but you were right, they grounded my headunit another way and it worked perfectly. Thank U!

keep us posted.

I was going to say the same thing!

If you have a Pioneer hu, you may have a groung problem with your rca's'

I had the same problem! But the noise seems to go away after adding a new ground to EACH rca's of the hu.

Good luck !