o42o

For all you xxx and brahma owners..

i've never heard the brahma...but the xxx IME, only gets lowlow in ported..

so i'll 4th the "install dependant" ..because that's exactly what it is...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

My Experience:

Sealed, 1 cube. Brahma will OWN ANYTHING in the low octaves. These things are just simply amazing in diminutive enclosures.

If I ever need this small of an application again, this is the driver I'd choose.

Vented, 2.3 cubes at 25Hz. Eh, kinda close, but I still give the edge to the Brahma. The XXX was damn close, but to my ears, the Brahma was more pleasant. I can say the XXX just seemed to keep laughing at me the more power I gave it.

I really liked both drivers in the sealed application the best though. I not a huge fan of high output, so you can judge from that.

wonder how the mag fits in there

brahma does surprisingly well in tiny enclosures. :)

xxx.... not so much a small enoclosure woofer.

....but my brahma was a 15", the eXeXeX was a 12"

Should also note that both drivers I had were the first versions of each, the first year they were available. There may be differences now.

AS far as the Magnum, well, it's my favorite sub driver to date so judge what you will from that. Although, if I had to go 1 cube or smaller, it would be with a Brahma with a certain JBL being a close second.

I need to get my hands on an IDMAX.

I've had experience with (owned or "demo-d"):

18 XXX

15 Brahma

TWO 12" magnums (claw-baskets)

Single SI D2 12" Prototype

The brahma is the best small sealed box woofer, edging out the magnums by a SMIDGE. Sounds great, very smooth, still sound great ported (some1 else's install...ported)!

The 18XXX obviously had the most output...then agains it's in 7.5 cubes NET, 120 in^2 of port, and has 2000rms on it...lol. Also had experience with various other XXX's...the output is great.

The Magnums, both the original claw...and the new proto...have UNBELIEVABLE low-end. I loved my dual Magnum 12's and 2400++ rms ported.

Never had experience personally with a brahma ported, Didn't demo the NEW SI D2 sealed, never had a XXX sealed either.

Plenty of other stuff I've owned as well... ;) Those are my opinions on a few!

nG

Man...i want a Magnum now !

:domoslay: