wafsman

How many DB's?

I wanted to know how many DB's you all think I can get out of a pair of these subwoofers?

American Bass VFL Series DVC Subwoofers

Common Features:

* Dual 3" 6 Ohm High Temperature Voice Coils.

* 1.4" Wide Multilayer Foam Surround for Better Stable Linear Exclusion.

* Non-Pressed Black Treated Paper Cone.

* Vented Deep Bumped Back Plate

* 180 Ounce Double Stacked Magnet Structure

* Dual Black Mirror-Image Spiders For Linear Stability.

* Sleeved High Power Tinsel Lead Wires to resist Lead breakage.

* Blackened Motor Parts for Superior Heat Dissipation & Long Life

* Hyper extended Pole Piece Increases Accuracy, raises Induction.

* Deep Bumped Back Plate to Increase Power Handling.

* Uni-Rubber Gasket for Airtight Seal in Mounting.

#VFL12 - 12" 1500 Watt Woofer

* 750 Watts RMS

* 180 Ounce Magnet

* Efficiency: 91.75dB

I was thinking of a ported box with 2.5 cu ft per sub and powering them with an Audioque 2200. What kind of frequency would be good to get the most DB's? Is this an OK amp to use for these subs for SPL purpose?

253 dbzzzzzz. It is impossible to predict what you will hit. You didn't list size or vehicle.

EDIT- Just saw they were 12's. My bad.

Edited by mdizzle5472

I wanted to know how many DB's you all think I can get out of a pair of these subwoofers?

:WTFBubble:

Your guess is as good as anyone else! All install dependent!

A little reading can go a long way!

Not trying to be rude, just trying to get all the information to help you out.

Common Features:

* 750 Watts RMS

* 180 Ounce Magnet

I was thinking of a ported box with 2.5 cu ft per sub and powering them with an Audioque 2200. What kind of frequency would be good to get the most DB's? Is this an OK amp to use for these subs for SPL purpose?

Tune to 20Hz = 140 dbs

Tune to 30Hz = 146 dbs

Tune to 35Hz = 150 dbs

Tune to 40Hz = 153dbs

Tune to 45Hz = 160dbs go for this one, turst me :fing34:

All ur DeeBeez are belong to Fi :ehh:

so why do i keep getting referred to the noob guidelines post when i don't see anything that applies to my post in there. if you guys need more info to better help me with my question please let me know. and thank you jay-cee, that was helpful.

uh, i think the fellars want to tell you just do alot of research on here, and then att the end of the day, build it.....test and test some more.....it is kinda like deer hunting, you can do everything the other guy is and still end up with different results......there is alot to be factored into how you will really do with them db's................ in fact there are entire forums with 1000's of post discussing exactly that :ehh:

i know i am reading the post wrong jay-cee, but are you suggesting that this gentlman can do 160's with these two particular 12"s at 45hz?

perhaps i am in the need of some details.... :shrug:

Common Features:

* 750 Watts RMS

* 180 Ounce Magnet

is this particular ported box with 2.5 cu ft per sub a prefab box, or are you planning on building a box?

so why do i keep getting referred to the noob guidelines post when i don't see anything that applies to my post in there. if you guys need more info to better help me with my question please let me know. and thank you jay-cee, that was helpful.

It's pretty simple really! Nobody can tell you how many db's those woofers will do in that type of box! We need to know a lot more than the specs of the woofer. You need to explain your goals, budget and what equipment you already have or plan on getting. There is a lot of helpful members here to help.

253 dbzzzzzz. It is impossible to predict what you will hit. You didn't list size or vehicle.

EDIT- Just saw they were 12's. My bad.

^^^^^sir , if you had any f*cking clue at all about car audio, you would know that it takes no less than 6 12"s in the back seat and the trunk has to be welded down in order to do 263 db.......he is no where close to that.......lmao!

plus you need some reading glasses, that xcon damaged your vision.......all like, uh what size subs???? :wacky:

okay seriously, sorry it's late....... what is this install going in, sorta really important.......also you will be asked real soon what electrical upgrades have you done and what extent of sound deadening has been done to this undisclosed vehicle?

these questions will rise up quite a bit, and some where in the links that they are referring to you it says to ask "detailed" questons so that folks can help you out.

unlike many, mdizzle and I know of a guy who shread amps with his subs!!! so the results are somewhat endless of what you could acheive.....

keep studying and learning..... :detail:

good luck. :fing34:

Edited by porkchop

We will see if this helps:

* American Bass VFL1266, Two Subs, 12"

* Was planning on an Audioque 2200

* Have built a box before (not the greatest, but usable) so I plan on building my own this time

* Will be using MDF

* Full Size Extended Cab Pickup

* Plan on using a blowthrough design (was planning on a cutout the size of the face of the enclosure, but have heard that might not be the best way to do it)

* Juggalo Music, All Day, Every Day

* I want it to be really loud, like rattle your brain loud, but still be able to hear the words too

* Before I had the AB running on a JL 250, pretty loud, but not loud enough; Then I added a pair of 12" JL W3's on a Punch 800, it was louder, but still not enough

* Then I got to doing more research and found that the AB could handle a lot more than what I was throwing at them so I decided to stick with just those two and power them with a bigger amp

* Electrical upgrades planned are Big 3, at least 1/0 wire for all power and grounds, and two HC1400's

Holy shit. It doesn't matter at all. It is all install dependent WHEN YOU INSTALL IT. You have to do tests and change things around. Even if someone had the same car and set-up as you, they will have a slightly different read on the mic. Why would there be competitions and people doing tests for SPL when one of us can just tell you what you will hit with your set-up? There would be no use in testing for competitions. Build it and then meter it and you will see.

yeah, i think he is catching on to that part.....

a blow thru is going to be a fun build project......

looks like you have some good equipment, and know where you want to be,

so get to planning that box out and then snatch up some mdf....

soon enough you will be telling us how many dbs you are listening to them clowns with...lol :fing34:

chop

uh, i think the fellars want to tell you just do alot of research on here, and then att the end of the day, build it.....test and test some more.....it is kinda like deer hunting, you can do everything the other guy is and still end up with different results......there is alot to be factored into how you will really do with them db's................ in fact there are entire forums with 1000's of post discussing exactly that :ehh:

i know i am reading the post wrong jay-cee, but are you suggesting that this gentlman can do 160's with these two particular 12"s at 45hz?

perhaps i am in the need of some details.... :shrug:

No i was joking with him, I cant believe yall took me serious :wacky: . Nobody can guess db amounts, thats what a machine is for.

well , i thought i better point it out, i am still pretty green, but......................well i am glad he is moving on toward some build plans. :detail:

well , i thought i better point it out, i am still pretty green, but......................well i am glad he is moving on toward some build plans. :detail:

i like your style chop lol.

you help a lot of people out on here.

:fing34: thanks bro.......... as soon as i get some cash together, ol' chop is going to do a box build! :detail: Edited by porkchop

:fing34: thanks bro.......... as soon as i get some cash together, ol' chop is going to do a box build! :detail:

nice nice.

u better be posting some pics :)