SacTownBully84

What amp to use w/ SSD12D2????

these are the amps i possible want to get depending on the feedback i recieve to run my SSD12D2 w flatwind coil option running in a 2.25Cu.Ft. slot port box

POWER ACOUSTIK LFA1-4000D.......199$

Power Acoustik A2400DB....240$

POWER ACOUSTIK STAX4000/1D......215$

Here is another option worth looking at:

Sundown - SAE-1200D v2

Sundown - SAE-1200D v2

im needin a 4ohm load to run my ssd12d2 so thats not enough

Sundown - SAE-1200D v2

You can wire it to a 1 ohm load. ;)

Sundown - SAE-1200D v2

x2 definitly a great deal!!

Sundown - SAE-1200D v2

1ohm aint cracked up to b like everyone thinks sloppy n more likely to blow sumthin not a clean signal im good w 4ohm thanks

Sundown - SAE-1200D v2

1ohm aint cracked up to b like everyone thinks sloppy n more likely to blow sumthin not a clean signal im good w 4ohm thanks

Can you explain to me how a different ohm load effects the signal? And how a 1 ohm load is sloppy?

Give us a little more info to go on then! Like your goals and budget!

Give us a little more info to go on then! Like your goals and budget!

i listed the 3 amps ive been lookn @ at the top of the page here

Sundown - SAE-1200D v2

Can you explain to me how a different ohm load effects the signal? And how a 1 ohm load is sloppy?

4 ohms is optimal, b/c it puts the least amount of strain on your amplifier. and there is an argueable gain in SQ as well due to amplifier performance.

the more ohms, the less power, but the more stability, and less heat and amplifier has.

Sundown - SAE-1200D v2

English man, speak english.

For all those amps you mentioned, cut the RMS power in half and that's about what you'll get out of them. If you try to push them to their rated power you'll get 10% THD. So there goes your cleaner signal than 1 ohm theory.

Yeah, I was joking about the kole amp. I wouldn't go with any of those amps.

Sundown - SAE-1200D v2

For all those amps you mentioned, cut the RMS power in half and that's about what you'll get out of them. If you try to push them to their rated power you'll get 10% THD. So there goes your cleaner signal than 1 ohm theory.

must have been english u obviously understood me so dont be rude im here tryin to get some valueble input not attitude

i can tell no one is gonna be much help so i guess il just go with what i know is good a Hifonics BXi 2610D thanks for your time ne way guys peace

Sundown - SAE-1200D v2

4 ohms is optimal, b/c it puts the least amount of strain on your amplifier. and there is an argueable gain in SQ as well due to amplifier performance.

the more ohms, the less power, but the more stability, and less heat and amplifier has.

That did not answer the sloppy part or the signal part. And people have been trying to help, most suggesting to look towards amplifiers a little above the super budget amps, HiFonics included.

i can tell no one is gonna be much help so i guess il just go with what i know is good a Hifonics BXi 2610D thanks for your time ne way guys peace

To each their own I guess. Good luck with that! :shrug:

Sundown - SAE-1200D v2

must have been english u obviously understood me so dont be rude im here tryin to get some valueble input not attitude

We have standards on this board. Read this:

To each their own I guess. Good luck with that! :shrug:

Honestly whats wrong with Hifonics? Ive never used one but everyone says they arent the best.. POR QUE!? lol

Sundown - SAE-1200D v2

That did not answer the sloppy part or the signal part. And people have been trying to help, most suggesting to look towards amplifiers a little above the super budget amps, HiFonics included.

[/quote

im just not tryin to drop 600 bucks for an amp im not in comps so whats the point of buying a crazy suuper highend amp

Sundown - SAE-1200D v2

im just not tryin to drop 600 bucks for an amp im not in comps so whats the point of buying a crazy suuper highend amp

No one said you had to spend that much or go for a top shelf amp. Heck, if you insist on a 4 ohm load, there are some excellent ZED built, Lanzar Opti's for sale here:

Even though Lanzar's reputation is not what it used to be, these amps are very high quality due to the designer / builder, but are well under the '600' range, and they do big power at 4 ohm mono. Some times it is better to buy used then new. ;)