sl33py

Which shallow subs to get?

Handle, need, who cares. Headroom is a blessing.

I think i'm just digging myself deeper...

I've found the Critical Mass LS122

http://www.criticalmassaudio.com/subwoofers/LS122.html

Also found the Re Audio LS12

http://www.mobilesoundworks.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=sl12-d4

AND the Memphis SC12

http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/products/subwoofers/sclass-subwoofers/

Feedback on these anyone?

wow - so many more options than i thought...

Thx!!

I am in the same boat as you but I am trying to take up as little as possible so I can travel a bit(with luggage) in my Hyundai Genesis Coupe. You actually added a few ideas into my head as well. As for the XBL^2 subs; superb. I have a Brahma 15" MK 1 from way back and wow, flat and definitely takes getting used to but if your ultimate goal is mostly SQ it's a good way to go.

I wouldn't dwindle on it too much, just go after what you 'feel' is best(that was recommended) or go after what you've heard sounds best. You won't go wrong with all the SQ suggestions you've gotten.

Edited by bigger_george

I am in the same boat as you but I am trying to take up as little as possible so I can travel a bit(with luggage) in my Hyundai Genesis Coupe. You actually added a few ideas into my head as well. As for the XBL^2 subs; superb. I have a Brahma 15" MK 1 from way back and wow, flat and definitely takes getting used to but if your ultimate goal is mostly SQ it's a good way to go.

Yeah i'm really interested in the SI BM's.

That's my issue as well. I have room and *could* drop a 2cft^3 box in the back - BUT that really kills available space. I want room for the dog on trips, camping equipment, runs to home depot etc. Having it(them?) tucked into my quarters will leave me space to do that and hopefully still give me some really good bass.

What are you looking at yourself? Waiting for the SI BM's? Any idea on real world ETA?

thx!!

Yeah i'm really interested in the SI BM's.

That's my issue as well. I have room and *could* drop a 2cft^3 box in the back - BUT that really kills available space. I want room for the dog on trips, camping equipment, runs to home depot etc. Having it(them?) tucked into my quarters will leave me space to do that and hopefully still give me some really good bass.

What are you looking at yourself? Waiting for the SI BM's? Any idea on real world ETA?

thx!!

I am seriously considering the BM's, Soundsplinter RLi 8"s and 10"s, Mach 5 ixl 10", and those REs right now since I am in no hurry to install right now. My full audio system probably won't be ready until the end of next year since I have to make a lot of payments with house, car payments, and don't really want to lose the interior warranty.

Well, Just Remember That There Is A Gain Knob On The Amp, You Don't Have To Run Full Power. The RL-i's And IXL Are Great Options, Sadly, I Haven't Heard A BM, So I Can't Comment There. I Have Ran More Than 250 Watts To An E8 And Never Had A Problem, But Sean Is Right, Especially In Your Case, Headroom Is A Good Thing.

TS-SW251s from pioneer are not too bad. Both sets I put in were in about .5 cft sealed with a memphis 500 watt mono amp on each. Both were in full sized trucks. 1 extended cab the other was a standard cab. Was not the loudest 10's I have heard but you could feel them pretty well..enough to make the neighbors look out the window. The didn't get sloppy either.

Edited by audiolife

thanks guys!

I talked with Nick at SI for about 30 min the other day during lunch. Super cool guy and helped me a lot to understand all sorts of stuff. I was really impressed by how he was able to break it down w/o getting too technical. He also helped me understand a lot more of the tech specs. I think that with service like that, and if the SI BM's sound like they should, it's a great company to support!

I had an order that was languishing in the "not yet shipped". Canceled it and am in line for a BM or two when they come out. Gives me time to get other stuff done anyway. I'm not the fastest, but we'll get there eventually...

I will definitely let you guys know what i get and hopefully get pics when it's installed. It will be a while though since it's still getting ready to paint etc.