osheabraggs

Fi or SSa

Flip a coin.

Hahahah

I think either way you cant go wrong, and don't forget the store has a package deal with the icon and saz-1000D that will save you some cash.

Which sub would be better on a sundown saz1000

The Fi Q or the SSA Icon

12" Driver.. 2.5 cube airspace

That is a difficult choice to make, both are very solid performers.

Flip a coin.

:drink40:

Just pick one, they are around the same price (nobody can make this decision for you, its one you will have to make on your own).

Yes, they are both good subs...

What are you looking to get from your sub? That may help us determine what sub would be better suited for you...

bump.

i'm not going to start a new thread because i'm in basically the same position. i'm ready to throw down on a good sub/amp combo but im kinda stuck.

here's my deal. i have a 05 regular cab Tacoma so space is limited (i.e. mounting depth) and since i dont have a huge truck i don't need anything crazy but i do want to bump.

I've been looking at Fi's stuff for a while now and really like the Q's specs, especially now that i finally have some cash and the free Bp power upgrade is going on.

But i've just been looking at the Icon's as well. the specs are pretty much equal, minus what might be my deciding factor...space

If i went with Fi I would be getting the 10" Q for its There's no way I would be able to do a 12" Q the mounting depth is too large and i can't accommodate a ported box's dimensions and i'm pretty sure it'd be the same with an Icon 12.

if i went with a the icon 10 the mounting depth is .5" less than a Q 10.

wow so basically after typing all this i figured out that a 10" sub would suffice. but should i go Q or Icon? oh and i'd be powering either with a sundown saz-1000d.

Both are great subs! If i said what im thinking my opinion would be biased :)

Just pick one, if you end up not liking that one, just sell it. Plenty of people on here will buy it from you. Kind of posted this in the wrong section though lol, its like walking into a Chevy dealership and asking them if you should buy a Ford.

Just pick one, if you end up not liking that one, just sell it. Plenty of people on here will buy it from you. Kind of posted this in the wrong section though lol, its like walking into a Chevy dealership and asking them if you should buy a Ford.

yeah i here ya but the topic was already started and it pertains to both...my B :noob:

bump.

i'm not going to start a new thread because i'm in basically the same position. i'm ready to throw down on a good sub/amp combo but im kinda stuck.

here's my deal. i have a 05 regular cab Tacoma so space is limited (i.e. mounting depth) and since i dont have a huge truck i don't need anything crazy but i do want to bump.

I've been looking at Fi's stuff for a while now and really like the Q's specs, especially now that i finally have some cash and the free Bp power upgrade is going on.

But i've just been looking at the Icon's as well. the specs are pretty much equal, minus what might be my deciding factor...space

If i went with Fi I would be getting the 10" Q for its There's no way I would be able to do a 12" Q the mounting depth is too large and i can't accommodate a ported box's dimensions and i'm pretty sure it'd be the same with an Icon 12.

if i went with a the icon 10 the mounting depth is .5" less than a Q 10.

wow so basically after typing all this i figured out that a 10" sub would suffice. but should i go Q or Icon? oh and i'd be powering either with a sundown saz-1000d.

If you have to ask then go Icon.

Flip a coin.

i like how you guys dont push someone to buy your products over someone else's.

a lot of people would. we need more people in the world like you guys at ssa :)

Flip a coin.

i like how you guys dont push someone to buy your products over someone else's.

a lot of people would. we need more people in the world like you guys at ssa :)

x2 ive been thinking the same thing. even suggesting against their products. its very interesting...

I've always heard SSA was great, i personally own a Fi Bl 15 on a Sundown audio 3000d running at 2 ohms and it BEATS

two great subs with two great company's to deal with cant go wrong either way. customer support is outstanding with both too.

Buy one of each!

Build a box for both using the suggested enclosure guidelines. Test each one to find the one you like best, keep it and sell the other one.

Seriously, you cannot go wrong with either subwoofer.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/SSA-Icon-12D2-%252b-Sundown-SAZ%252d1000D-Combo.html FTW!

Both are great subs! If i said what im thinking my opinion would be biased :)

just tell me.

I was gonna say the Icon, but both are great!

Buy one of each!

Build a box for both using the suggested enclosure guidelines. Test each one to find the one you like best, keep it and sell the other one.

Wish more people took this approach.

Buy one of each!

It would be nice wouldnt it? Get em both and box em up. Stick em in two cars and if you dont have it then buy another car for the other driver! :woot:

Buy one of each!

It would be nice wouldnt it? Get em both and box em up. Stick em in two cars and if you dont have it then buy another car for the other driver! :woot:

LOL bit on the ridiculous side.

i thnk i am just going to flip a coin. best two out of three wins. i'll be ordering in the next week or so, once i finish sound deadening my cab...

the only thing that can really make a difference is the fact that fi is offering free BP power option right now on the Q's, didn't see tho, are you trying to run it sealed?