audiolife

1985 El Camino SS-Fiberglass Box

Equipment- 2 12" RE SE D4, 1 Audiopipe AP1800, 1 set of MB Quart Ref 6.5" components, DEI xtreme 6002, 1 Kinetik HC1400 and HC1200 , PS2, 200-250 amp alt.

Here is the car

med_gallery_716_304_35762.jpg

med_gallery_716_304_3598.jpg

med_gallery_716_304_7451.jpg

med_gallery_716_304_22774.jpg

med_gallery_716_304_47773.jpg

med_gallery_716_304_29753.jpg

med_gallery_716_304_28704.jpg

med_gallery_716_304_4154.jpg

med_gallery_716_304_554047.jpg

Inside the car bolted in with trim panel

med_gallery_716_304_28287.jpg

med_gallery_716_304_26806.jpg

Start of the kick panels

med_gallery_716_304_25683.jpg

med_gallery_716_304_32764.jpg

Edited by audiolife

Looks good dude, the sub grills seem a bit tacky, but other then that great fiber glass job.

Looks good dude, the sub grills seem a bit tacky, but other then that great fiber glass job.

He needs the grills though. The car owner is still in high school and after this year the car is being put up because he is going to college. He has 2 younger brothers and they throw things in the car, be it Rat Fink key chains too what have you. The grills look better in the car though the trim panel around the back is fuzzy dark black and the box itself is faced in black tweed. It looks better in person than the camera shows because the pictures are taken inside the garge. I wanted to do the trim in a gray tweed but he didnt want that. We were going to paint the box but he found out it has a good chance of getting scratched up so we tweeded it. That was a pain in THE arse because the way the bottom comes together. Only real weak part of the system is the head unit (power accoustic dvd/video screen) Next summer it will be either a pioneer or panasonic..maybe an alpine

im SO JEALOUS!

I've always wanted an el camino

i wanted it to be my first car :/

Looks good so far....

Is it me or are those kicks huge!

That is just the bottom they will be trimmed down. We have access to some pretty mean air tools LOL. I never like the edges left over anyway and he cant decide which of the 3 angles we tested with to use. Makes a pretty big difference on how wide they will be. Thing is even if we made them that huge he can still drive comfortable and use the parking brake.

We have the kicks finished

These are the kicks just prior to the final sanding stage.

med_gallery_716_304_22909.jpg

Driver side fitting.

med_gallery_716_304_41162.jpg

Passenger side fitting.

med_gallery_716_304_2304.jpg

Amp Rack out of the car.

med_gallery_716_304_38738.jpg

med_gallery_716_304_30608.jpg

The Kinetik batteries. 1 Kinetik Racing KR5112 for under the hood and a KR1212 for in the back beside the amps.

med_gallery_716_304_38639.jpg

Looking very cool, nice work on the FG box!

Looking very cool, nice work on the FG box!

I need a better camera !!! The tweed looks like fuzzy carpet and the fuzzy carpet looks like bear fur. When you see it in actual light it looks very different.

To make the kicks the same would require the moving of the ECM (which is not small) and to do a corner loading kick up under the dash would require moving of some VERY larg parts under the driver side dash. The speakers are however in roughly the same sized enclosure the same distance off the floor and at a very close angle. The kicks squeeze into the factory plastic kicks and fit the contour of the floor. Everything done to this car except for the dash mod can be put back to stock. pretty easily.

Edited by audiolife

Should be done Saturday, the kicks are in and so are the front speakers, the fans are wired as well as the amp rack lights. Center console and the ps2 will be next. The rear battery hold down is finished (diamond plate aluminum) All we need to do is put the car up on the lift for the mounting bolts/holes and wire it up and tune it.

Sub box looks great and the kicks are lookin good......I've always really wanted a El Camino.

Well it is done but most of the pics are too darck to see. Here is the view from the front window.

med_gallery_716_304_37650.jpg

Sounds better than I thought it would with the deck the system has and no eq.

Gotta post better pics when there is light but it looks like its promising already. fing05.gif

You guys will have to bring it by some time so I can listen to it :)

You guys will have to bring it by some time so I can listen to it :)

Will do. Will more than likely take better pics tuesday with a better camera. We still have to do so wire loom in the back but not too much- (ran out of loom by the rear battery)

I cant wait for the new alt to get here Friday, stays in the 12.9v range as is though on overly heavy bass lines.