Fonzi

Changing the moving mass

I got the CDT's 62 comps and one of the woofers has some tinsel lead slap. I was going to put some small feltish sort of pads on there to prevent this. Do you think it would affect the woofer to the point where it would change the drivers ability to to play?

why not just de-solder it from the terminal, cut a little off, then re-solder it?

should work..

Eh, I wouldn't compromise that joint unless it was absolutley necessary.

Is it hitting the cone or the spider? If it's hitting the spider, it really wouldn't matter as far as mass is concerned. If it is hitting the cone, I'd do the felt, but put another pad 180 degrees opposite of the first one to equal out the added mass and prevent the moving assembly from coming misaligned.

Im not sure if its hiting the spider or the cone. Im going to suppose its the cone just due t the noise it makes. It sounds like somehting rattling on the inside of the dustcap and its definitly noticeable when its playing. Also when the speaker is sittong on the magnet firing upwards you wont hear it which is another reason why I think it might be the cone its hitting.

Easy fix:

Turn the voulme down ;)

You could always wrap the felt around the tinsel lead instead of the putting it on the cone. Should have the same effect, and then it won't matter which it is slapping against :)

Easy fix:

Turn the voulme down ;)

Yeah that could work but it does it with minimal volume, as soon as hte midbass gets moving it will do it.

Squeak that seems like it would work but alas ive never heard of anyone doing that before. Im not sure how hot leads get but I wouldnt want it to melt the adhesive, and get inside the wire strands causing to not recieve any current.