Sign in to follow this  
Hell-Razor

Waking up amps...

Is there a way to wake up both amps and have them power on instead of having to wire both with the (don't remember name) "wake up wire" ? I looked on the back of my cd player and it doesn't look like there's a spot to put it. But there is a slot for "sub out:" on it hat looks like its just a rca cable connection....hrmmm

(Wife won't let me be a prick)

As such I'mma just say this, Sub out is your signal to the amp. The REMOTE WIRE is the amp turn on (or 'wake up' wire) wire for your system.

If you REALLY wanna wake em up do what you must but please for the love of the flying spaghetti monster do not, I repeate DO NOT shake them lil fuckers.

They spew mosfets everywhere if they are suddenly woken up.

Remote wire....... the headunit should have a remote wire (usually blue)

And you could just have a manual switch somewhere on the dash to turn them on? they only require a 12v source to "wake up"

EDIT* Oh LOL Godsmack*

Edited by crosspug

I was gonna say poke them with a stick but....

You can probably do it one of two ways run a relay or daisy chain the remotes of the two amps. The relay would probably be your safest option as your headunit remote output only can produce so much current to turn on the amplifiers. But since you are only running two amplifiers you may be able to get away with daisy chaining the remote outputs.

From what I've been told anything up to 2/3 amps should be fine daisy chaining. I've used a simple 12v relay for my 3 amps now but didn't really notice a difference.

Jono

From what I've been told anything up to 2/3 amps should be fine daisy chaining. I've used a simple 12v relay for my 3 amps now but didn't really notice a difference.

Jono

I've heard the 2-3 amp rule also but I also believe in being a little on the safe side also. A relay only costs about $5 at a automotive store and then you could run a bunch of stuff off it if you wanted to. ie lights, fans etc.

i run a two amps on my remote wire, nothing bad has come of it.

Since your question was answered.

I scare mine!!

--just thought I would add a phrase my father used on me and my brother.......WAKE UP AND PISS, THE WORLD IS ON FIRE!!!

what you could do is find a small empty ignition switch in your fuse block under your dash and use that for your remote turn on.

Is there a way to wake up both amps and have them power on instead of having to wire both with the (don't remember name) "wake up wire" ? I looked on the back of my cd player and it doesn't look like there's a spot to put it. But there is a slot for "sub out:" on it hat looks like its just a rca cable connection....hrmmm

All I have to say is wow, I've heard it all. Did you even read the amps manuals to know the name or spot they go or do any research to find this out on your own but I guess not (SUB OUT is for RCA's and Remote Wire is usually blue or blue w/white strip). Read amps manual and head-units manual, that should be the first thing to do before installing especially if your a beginner.

Reading is fundamental.

All I have to say is wow, I've heard it all. Did you even read the amps manuals to know the name or spot they go or do any research to find this out on your own but I guess not (SUB OUT is for RCA's and Remote Wire is usually blue or blue w/white strip). Read amps manual and head-units manual, that should be the first thing to do before installing especially if your a beginner.

Reading is fundamental.

wow. LOL!! :noob:

uh o...............

sir imho, while the said poking action does work very well. please consider that the holiday is upon us.

keeping nmssd12 in mind, scarring is a very optimal alternetive.

with todays youtube generation loving pranks so much, get you a well thought out camera angle setup and record the whole thing!

with a little bit of good timming and the right mask / costume combonation...... i gaurantee they will wake right up !!!

and image the fun of showing all the other amps thier video, lol

okay, i am done being a prick now, had to cover for Godsmack also .......

yeah blue wire = remote.... daisy chain is fine......< means screw the wire in, at the "remote" wire location, on amp 'A' and then with second wire coming from this point, wire it into amp 'B' at the same "remote" wire location.

use your RCA wire to connect the head unit to the amp, this is your signal wire..... "sub out" connects via the RCA's to the "signal in" location on your amp.......

we all are having fun with your choice of words but also recognize your still "green" to car audio, if you have more questions please ask..... i do everyday.

Chop

Man thats gansta (wake up wire )

my deck provides the remote signal to all 5 of my amps with no issues.....