Sign in to follow this  
millertime

buying a Xcon 15

i have been doing alot of reading about subs latley.. i am wanting to get a new 15 and have decided on the Xcon 15 with dual 2 ohm.. i have a alpine type r 15 right now.. i should be ordering it next week.. i have a few qustions... does it take a week to build it ? ( really doesn't matter, just wonder ) ... and where are you located ? what state ? one more... i have a hifonics brutus 1200 mono sub amp.. will this be enough for the Xcon ? i have a ford f-150 fx4 super crew it will be going in... .. i built the box for the type r in my truck, but i palin on a building a new box alot like my old one. except this one will go over my rear seat more like a consel... i will post a picture of my old one... then kind of let me know if what i am thinking for my new one will sound good.. or am i wasting my time.. keep in mind about it being alittle taller and going over the rear seat to the back rest.. i still would like it so some one can sit on eaither side... here is a pic of the one i have now..

003-2.jpg

Edited by millertime

How big is that box, seems a little small even for the type-r?

i don't really remember for sure.... it has beena about a 1 1/2 years since i built it... and it was the first one i built.... i would have to messure it agin.. plus the shape makes it alittle hard to figure. . i think it was about 2 to 2 1/2 .. but not really sure.. i want the next one to be right for the Xcon... mite need some help on figureing out how big it will have to be like i was saying.. or if it is possible to do like i was thinking

i don't really remember for sure.... it has beena about a 1 1/2 years since i built it... and it was the first one i built.... i would have to messure it agin.. plus the shape makes it alittle hard to figure. . i think it was about 2 to 2 1/2 .. but not really sure.. i want the next one to be right for the Xcon... mite need some help on figureing out how big it will have to be like i was saying.. or if it is possible to do like i was thinking

the enclosure recommendation is 4 cubes. i really wouldnt go any lower then that.

are you building a sealed or ported?

why when i go and look at the sub it has to differant sizes for ported boxes for the 15 Xcon.... here is what i mean..

nclosure Recommendations:

Sealed: 2.0 - 2.25 cu.ft.

Sealed: 2.75 - 3.0 cu.ft. optimal

Ported: 3.0 - 3.25 cu.ft. @ 26-33 hz

Ported: 4.0 cu.ft. @ 26-33hz opt.

Sub Outside Dia.: 15.625”

Cut Inside Dia.: 14.125”

Displacement: 0.20 cu.ft.

oh i see now.. the bigger one is opt.

Edited by millertime

here is what the front looks like.... and my monitor

What Kind Of Screen Is That?

Its Nice !!

Edited by Kent

why when i go and look at the sub it has to differant sizes for ported boxes for the 15 Xcon.... here is what i mean..

yep if you can just try finding a way to fit it so you end up with around 4 cubes.

also like it was said before make sure you take displacement into account.

You're finally here!!fing05.gif

It's going to be hard to fit a ported box for a 15" Xcon.

You could try the 12".

but, you can have very good advice here, on box building.

Look at fishercustoms forum, poundthatsound forum, or audibelcustom forum, here.

Some of them had (or have) a fantastic offer : an SSA sub bought, you get a custom box for free!!!

And, yes, it takes about a week to get built.

I don't know about your amp, but if it is 1 ohm stable, it's good : take the dvc 2ohms sub to play at 1 ohm.

Keep your amp, but focus on the box. Maybe you will have to go sealed?

We provide a good working enclosure range, but if you can go slightly larger in both alignments, it makes a difference. But so far, some people prefer them in the smaller side of the spectrum, where as others prefer the larger end. It is all about preference, goals, power, and space to work with.

yep if you can just try finding a way to fit it so you end up with around 4 cubes.

Yes, but we don't want people to feel they have to, the 3.25 cubes is plenty. :)

Yes, but we don't want people to feel they have to, the 3.25 cubes is plenty. :)

well no matter what he builds he's definitely be happy with the xcon.

great sub :D

ya my amp is stable at one ohm... that is how i have it wired right now.... i was thinking today that i mite pull my rear seat.. it is split 3/4 one side and 1/4 the other side that they both fold up ... and take the 3/4 side and make it like the 1/4 side ... then i will have like bucket seats in the rear.. then i will have alot more in the center for the box to get more cu.ft... one way or another i will get it to work....

hey what state is SSA in ? i just wonder were they have to ship from ?

ya my amp is stable at one ohm... that is how i have it wired right now.... i was thinking today that i mite pull my rear seat.. it is split 3/4 one side and 1/4 the other side that they both fold up ... and take the 3/4 side and make it like the 1/4 side ... then i will have like bucket seats in the rear.. then i will have alot more in the center for the box to get more cu.ft... one way or another i will get it to work....

SSA is based out of Maryland and Arizona, but the SSA Speakers are built to order and shipped directly from the build house in Nevada.

Mark is outside of Phoenix.

SSA is based out of Maryland and Arizona, but the SSA Speakers are built to order and shipped directly from the build house in Nevada.

thanks.... i am in southern idaho.. shipping will only be 1-2 days when it gets done being built... should be to be ordering on monday.. thanks for the responses

what is the best way to order to get it going.... your online store ? or call ? my order mite move up to today or tomorrow..

Edited by millertime

thanks.... i am in southern idaho.. shipping will only be 1-2 days when it gets done being built... should be to be ordering on monday.. thanks for the responses

what is the best way to order to get it going.... your online store ? or call ? my order mite move up to today or tomorrow..

Just to be on the safe side, account for 3 days shipping time, as I know a few items we have shipped to Idaho have taken a day longer then the shipping company has said. At the moment, the best way the order SSA speakers is through the SSA Store (link at the top of this page). ;)

Just to be on the safe side, account for 3 days shipping time, as I know a few items we have shipped to Idaho have taken a day longer then the shipping company has said. At the moment, the best way the order SSA speakers is through the SSA Store (link at the top of this page). ;)

ok........ thanks for all the info...... hey we have a dog that looks just like the one in avitar... a schnauzer....

ok........ thanks for all the info...... hey we have a dog that looks just like the one in avitar... a schnauzer....

Yes, that is Ferdinand, the mascot for the SSA Icon. Bailey, Marks dog is the SSA Xcon mascot, and Maxie is the SSA Dcon mascot. :)

So how did you guys come up with mascots for the subwoofers? Like why does the Icon have a Schnauzer? What are the other type of dogs?

So how did you guys come up with mascots for the subwoofers? Like why does the Icon have a Schnauzer? What are the other type of dogs?

It is not serious, but it is our dogs between the two of us. ;) And since there are 3 speakers and 3 dogs, just funny.

Ferdinand is a Mini-Schnauzer

Maxie is a Euraiser

Bailey is a Beagle I think. ;)

It is not serious, but it is our dogs between the two of us. ;) And since there are 3 speakers and 3 dogs, just funny.

Ferdinand is a Mini-Schnauzer

Maxie is a Euraiser

Bailey is a Beagle I think. ;)

I didnt think it was that serious but it sounded interesting when you said they had mascots, just a curious individual and that caught my attention so I thought I would ask.