porkchop

chop's build log

i am going to get hammered for this, but i guess i am sorta hard headed.

i want to learn about audio,and my way is hands on, or in some cases, if you will, ears on!

i have looked at the concepts of using T-lines in the Dakota for a while.

well, i am looking at them again.

I really have found that there is two sides to this group,

* Side A : The fuck yeah's!

* Side B : The fuck no's!

I have looked in to both sides and seen there a sub catergories too.

* Subcatergories for side A*

** Fuck yeah - sound quality will be awesome

** Fuck yeah - output will be crazy

* Subcatergories for side B*

** Fuck no - too dam big for any vehicle

** Fuck no - sound quality will be undesirable

so I have tried to read up on both of these sides, only to relize i am still confused.

the fuck no's will fight you tooth and nail to say it will never work and results are poor,

only to get into another knock down and grag out with the fuck yeah's who say come look at my shit and listen to it!

now i did realize that in home audio, these folks are sick with it, this is sorta where t-lines came from.....

they will put 10k into a set of cabinets for the front room, take up the entire left and right side of that room, and it will be like two 5 1/4" speakers!

but off of the math offered from their experiance, folks from car audio started to play with them.

first off was small drivers, moving up and changing the math as they did, larger ones were used.

there is a crap load of information out there and styles, designs, formulas, opionions, and information..... all weaving back and forth to say either fuck yeah or fuck no!

so i am going to filter some of it, apply some of it, and even ignore some of it....

I am going back to my original intentions and attempt to design and build one for the Dakota.

Some of my motivation comes from the stand point of how much input on my ported enclosure i have received.

there is a crap load of input on it. tunning and volume being the main subjects as well as sub and port placement.

i tried the port extension some, as well as poly fill , changd the head unit for a fail, and out of all the things i did do,

the one that seemed to create the most change in the music, giving alot more flex to everything in the cab, same output to the ear,

i had to go do snow removal and salt applications for a contractor i meet up with, so i threw a bunch of winter werea in the rear of the cab, on top of the box and sub and went to work,

decided to un-burry the sub and play the radio, wow, it sounds better! no idea of how many cubic feet of gloves, hoodies and boots to use, but it seemed to do wonders for what i personally wanted from the sub. lol.

so, as long winded as this was, watch for my new build log soon.

chop

Thats too funny dude. Im gonna have to try some winter attire in my ride!

You gave a galant effort though, I'll give you that. T-lines huh? Dont know much about them but I'll be tuning in to find out.

sorta real close to this design.... will be working toward this approach.

i designed one and also had another builder design one off of same specs....

we were almost the same....

will be zeroing in on all the specifics in in a few days....

i plan on shitting a whole lot of info in the begining of my new thread on what inspired each aspect of the design and the formulas i used

porkchops_t-line_31.png

chop

Ok. I have seen something like this before. Just never knew the name. I like the design. Hope it works out for you. The build time looks to be a little more extensive though. :santa:

Ok. I have seen something like this before. Just never knew the name. I like the design. Hope it works out for you. The build time looks to be a little more extensive though. :santa:

yup, alot bigger..... which means more material cost too.

i will build this one like a tank!

yup, alot bigger..... which means more material cost too.

i will build this one like a tank!

Does this mean the Dakota will get a plow on the front? Badubup pish!:lol: Anyway we can get it buddy! Currently for me, its buckin fallen trees and light maintenence for Remax Gold. I need more! Lol.

1" mdf FTW! You wanna talk about sweating and grunting playing "Tetris", Dakota style!

When will the new build log go up Chop, take your time with this but Im luving this new design :drink40:

lmao, will be removing the seats for sure.

we had 37 bags of salt ( 50 lbs. per bag =1850 lbs.)

me and steve ( 400 lbs.)

box and sub ( 100 lbs.)

so like 2350 on the ol' Dakota.... she took it like a champ. minus gas mileage.

would not do it everyday though.

i think i am going to run through all the numbers one more time and then i am going for it.

me and steve ( 400 lbs.)

box and sub ( 100 lbs.)

i think i am going to run through all the numbers one more time and then i am going for it.

WOW! Thats a lot of weight for that little guy! Is Steve an actual human? Cause Im big myself and 400lbs for two people aint all that much if you know what I mean!;) Its nice to know she can do it though.

Go for it dude. I cant wait to see it. Are you aiming for the same tuning as before or lower?

me and steve ( 400 lbs.)

box and sub ( 100 lbs.)

WOW! Thats a lot of weight for that little guy! Is Steve an actual human? Cause Im big myself and 400lbs for two people aint all that much if you know what I mean!;) Its nice to know she can do it though.

Go for it dude. I cant wait to see it. Are you aiming for the same tuning as before or lower?

ha ha ha , yeah, Steve is rattlebox317... he is a light weight though... lol.

the t-line in the pic is at the subs fs of 24hz. , so like 11 feet.....

i am likeing the idea of tunning a little higher of the fs and shortening the line some...

tunning the line to 30hz. , like 9.5 feet in length.

i also still need to get a definite sa, or cone area for my sub, i seem to find conflicting numbers there,

i am using 132 sq. in. , while another is suggesting 119 sq. in. ..... so i need to get that worked out also.

Perhaps understanding what you have for a design should be step one before building it. I see another Lordbaccus T-line failure destroying your sub coming...

Why did you choose what you chose for your T-line. I would highly recommend discussing it before the build.

Perhaps understanding what you have for a design should be step one before building it. I see another Lordbaccus T-line failure destroying your sub coming...

Why did you choose what you chose for your T-line. I would highly recommend discussing it before the build.

Hey Five, I am going to re-look at all the math, as I do, i will gather all resources, and display all info for everyone to look over and offer input as they may see fit.

I will not have the first intention of even going to buy wood until after the 26th, ( payday ) , i will consider all coomentary to be additional guidance in it.

I read up a little on his ten inch whatever, blowing apart..... it prompted me to add DIYAudio in my favorites to read up on what info is within thier forums, as i have but only briefly been on there.

i will attempt to get on this right away.

chop

He completely jacked that woofer btw, there was ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with it when it went in the box. All user/design error. While it was funny to see, I don't need to see that again.

He completely jacked that woofer btw, there was ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with it when it went in the box. All user/design error. While it was funny to see, I don't need to see that again.

Just an FYI. It was user error as he did not set his subsonic filter at all when I suggested he did. I knew what had happened as soon as I saw the poor lil sub. He told me what type of box he wanted . I designed it to the specs of the ultra. He never said he wanted to go super low.