porkchop

chop's build log

I think that i might be finding a little extra cash in Janurary, if so, i will be going through the truck and adding the missing equipment and upgrading some of the weaker links, all will be with a severly tight budget. I continue to get complaments on it, yet i am no where near leaving it alone, so many improvements that could be made still.

i almost pissed myself when mdizzle brought the jimmy over. he has the 12" nightshade in there with a saz-3000d behind it. that is crazy, and he can just beat away on it, no issues, wow!

chicagofan was by to give a demo of his new box, it is loud as hell too, 600w subs doing that is impressive also. ( 2 X IA LI 15"s w/ a saz-1500d )

we will be getting a demo from shizzzon on saturday. FTW

IAK meet this Sunday, breakfast and then a little demo, will be adding a couple new guys and will have a video camera there, stay tuned for that also.

looking at them mids... keep me updated.

oh, i came across another item to mail you as well. so your patiance is paying off, lol.

chop

Damn man, I didn't know this was YOUR build lol. Crazy, and I just meet you today lol. Next meet we may have you have to bring this down to Louisville to demo it.

Damn man, I didn't know this was YOUR build lol. Crazy, and I just meet you today lol. Next meet we may have you have to bring this down to Louisville to demo it.

Thanks, i truly enjoyed being down there, you fellas definetly got your shit together. I will try to get the Dakota down there soon, we have some rides that are alot better than mine, hope to bring them down as well.

how did the Audiopipe and AQ like each other?

sorry I had to bounce, it was a tight schedule. If I even had a clue of what this met was going to reflect, i would of left the entire day open. Will you be attending Carl Casper?

I have the plans of flipping the sub back to inverted and extending my port externally, ( thanks for the suggestion, Ben), I tried the poly fill at .50lb per cube and was not impressed. it lowered the tunning some, but the output suffered greatly.

If this goes well, I will design the next box accordingly. Also thinking of letting Shizzzon do his magic with it.

for those of you who say you like the lows, let Shizzzon show you 24hz.!

this man is sick with it. the entire interior of the car was going to shit, and no i do not mean flexing alot, i mean it was going to shit, like a complete ass kicking on it...... the air coming from the port was like air conditioning, perhaps like sticking your head out the window on a 40 degree day doing 30 mph. ........... and also, if you have heard the expression of it was hard to breath, bull shit, you will not breath, it is not a choice, just grin and hope like hell the sick bastard will turn his shit down before you pass out, how the hell does he stand that?

sorry i got off topic there, i have told eveyone of my trip, mom, grandma, the pastor...... everyone!

can't say enough.

thanks for the show fellas,

chop

I am tuned in for this... Hope you get it figured out.

Thanks..... :drink40:

will attempt to throw the port extension together tomorrow.

perhaps a battery early next week, nothing much, but it will be a welcomed addition at this point.

well i tried the poly fill.....or should i say poly- FAIL, = FTL ... this failed on my application, it did wonders on chicagofans enclosure, testing each application is FTW

lowered the output greatly, i think the only thing it did was make my doors sound louder. lol

soooooo, then i tried a 4" port extension, i think it needs to be a little longer yet, not sure.

the lows are just a little nicer, but the output is not the same.

have not done a whole lot of playing with it yet,

threw it in there, did not notice a huge improvement, so i was done.

swithced out head units for a few weeks.

nothing nice , a newer model Dual, already had it and sold the kenwood.

Kryssy broke the key to the Dakota, so we have not played with it since =FTL

waiting on old man winter to bring some snow removal work my way.

then add the much needed second battery.

how did you put the polyfill inside the box? It is said to have it loose inside the box but firm against the walls. You want the air to be able to move throughout the polyfill. I actually pulled the polyfill apart a little and then glued it to the walls when I used it for a 12" SSD box.

how did you put the polyfill inside the box? It is said to have it loose inside the box but firm against the walls. You want the air to be able to move throughout the polyfill. I actually pulled the polyfill apart a little and then glued it to the walls when I used it for a 12" SSD box.

i took quite a bit of time tearing it apart, hopping to have it as fluffy as possible, i did not make any attempts to affix it to the walls though.

i used .50 lb. per cube.

for Denim!

Katy

Picture002.jpg

Great looking dog, nice coat and color. Glad to see the tradition still going here. :drink40:

Too bad the poly-fail didnt work. A little more testing before a new box thats tuned a little lower maybe?

Great looking dawg btw chop!

well i tried the poly fill.....or should i say poly- FAIL, = FTL!

lowered the output greatly, i think the only thing it did was make my doors sound louder. lol

What frequencies did it lower the output on and how did you measure it?

Too bad the poly-fail didnt work. A little more testing before a new box thats tuned a little lower maybe?

yup, sorta like that.

thanks for the compliment on the pooch, i gotta get one of both of them together.

some trivia for you, ol' chop had 5 boxers before my grandbaby came!

I alwyas always loved Boxers, they are my favorite dog. I been looking into getting a dog lately but just no sure on which one to get, I hear that Boxers have bad health problems so Im shooting for an American Bulldog. But yeah I love the dog man. :woot:

i believe the 30 +/- to 50 +/- hz. range if i had to guess by ear, and that is all that i had to go by, was my ear.

there was no loudness to it what so ever.

i was not even the least bit motivated to test very long at all.

i tried a few tracks, checked my settings, tried one more time and said forget it.

the lows were better, and part of the problem could of very well been that i had just left Louisville the day before,

Shizzzon's ride might have still had my ears ringing, i don't think it was that though.

i'm sure it wasn't.

I tested approx 3lbs worth in a chamber directly behind the port one time in my wall.

Backpressure will be at it's greatest here so that's why i only installed it there.

I only measured it with a meter on the low end, not the high end.

Box tuned in the low 30s, peaks at 50hz, the Acousta-stuff increased pressure right at or around tuning but was a very small increase, possibly due to the low amount of stuffing i had inside.

I did also notice a decrease in the higher range 50hz+ so it's not just you.

The response sounded more smooth rather than peaky as how i got mine setup.

I alwyas always loved Boxers, they are my favorite dog. I been looking into getting a dog lately but just no sure on which one to get, I hear that Boxers have bad health problems so Im shooting for an American Bulldog. But yeah I love the dog man. :woot:

with a good blood line you are almost sure to enjoy many years of companionship with them, all of ours were rescue boxers!

the greatest breed for our family hands down.

we owned a american bulldog for a while, she was great. the only issue we had was she was just so overly powerfull and playfull that she tend to continue to accidently hurt folks.

if you would be interested i could post up a few dozen pics to share with you :shrug:

i'm sure it wasn't.

I tested approx 3lbs worth in a chamber directly behind the port one time in my wall.

Backpressure will be at it's greatest here so that's why i only installed it there.

I only measured it with a meter on the low end, not the high end.

Box tuned in the low 30s, peaks at 50hz, the Acousta-stuff increased pressure right at or around tuning but was a very small increase, possibly due to the low amount of stuffing i had inside.

I did also notice a decrease in the higher range 50hz+ so it's not just you.

The response sounded more smooth rather than peaky as how i got mine setup.

it was to be comparable to our home speakers, perhaps indeed it was smoother overall. this was similar in my test.

it would of sounded great for the right person and set of expectations......just not near what i like.

i used the Wal-Mart brand, poly- fill.

Yeah that would be greatly appreciated.

i believe the 30 +/- to 50 +/- hz. range if i had to guess by ear, and that is all that i had to go by, was my ear.

i tried a few tracks, checked my settings, tried one more time and said forget it.

the lows were better, and part of the problem could of very well been that i had just left Louisville the day before,

Shizzzon's ride might have still had my ears ringing, i don't think it was that though.

I asked because of course the Polyfill will make the box "think" its larger. Your answer of "fail" isn't so appropriate either as it only failed in your application and I don't want others reading your thread to get the wrong idea. Of course using it in a ported box isn't straightforward and generally should be avoided unless you are ready to do a lot of experimenting.

I asked because of course the Polyfill will make the box "think" its larger. Your answer of "fail" isn't so appropriate either as it only failed in your application and I don't want others reading your thread to get the wrong idea. Of course using it in a ported box isn't straightforward and generally should be avoided unless you are ready to do a lot of experimenting.

your point is valid, i understand what your approach on it is, i am going to do a little editing on that post.

i have seen it do good, it did not give the result i was looking for in my install,

chicagofan has had reall good results with his.

thanks,

chop

no edit necessary, the clarification is fine. :)

yup, sorta like that.

thanks for the compliment on the pooch, i gotta get one of both of them together.

Failed for this application is more appropriate, yes.

Is that one at a time also? Dats a whole lotta dogs!

yup, sorta like that.

Failed for this application is more appropriate, yes.

Is that one at a time also? Dats a whole lotta dogs!

see the thread "chop's boxers" in the show off section..... :santa: