sblazer

how do u feel about walls or non wall setups???

just wondering how everyone feel about wall setups. which do u find more impressive, walls or a non wall setup? would u wall if u could? if u have walled, wha made u do it? if u havent wall, y wont u wall? lol

i find myself goin back and forth and just lookin for a lil motivation to go either way. want to see wha others have to say and experince.

just wondering how everyone feel about wall setups. which do u find more impressive, walls or a non wall setup? would u wall if u could? if u have walled, wha made u do it? if u havent wall, y wont u wall? lol

i find myself goin back and forth and just lookin for a lil motivation to go either way. want to see wha others have to say and experince.

I do think a wall looks cool form time to time, but a non-wall, like (4) 12's, 15's, or 18's, in a box looks cool, is easier to remove, mantain and change, and is much easier to build. Plus, the woofers have a loading area, and that means, non-walls may be a bit louder.

Just my .02 shrug.gif

Most impressive will always be when you can see nothing.

A wall is impressive, but not so cool for daily driving : no rearview at all, everyone can see it, so ...you'd better park your car inside,always!!!

I'm going to wall a pickup truck when i get one in the future. not sure what kind of setup though

Most impressive will always be when you can see nothing.

x2, I like the thought of walls and very impressed with whoever was creative enough to come up with them. I think there for people who want the most in their vehicle but dont have the required space. I wouldnt do one in my car, I love loud ass music to death but I just dont want something pounding directly in my ears all day continuosly. Im also impressed with the least equipment and power to achieve good numbers, instead of stuffing the most equipment in the car cause you think it looks cool (im passed doing things to look cool, I like performance all day over coolness but I guess to each its own). I wouldnt mind helping someone build a wall or installing one in a vehicle but a wall in my car--no,no.

From what I have seen, walls are the loudest thing you can do in your ride. My wall was a failure, but it was also free. I will be building a new wall soon though.

From what I have seen

Or heard, and from dubious sources. Can they be loud, sure. Are they always, obviously not.

If you are willing to put in the testing. It is much easier to make changes to a standard enclosure then a wall. Not to mention the weight and effect on MPG.

would love to have a wall ,but I cant give up the back seats......the space is still needed. Seems to only work for ppl with SUVs and trucks

Wall=wow factor+come steal me and no rear vision along with alot of other negatives. Standard=ease of manipulation in changing setup+possibly concealed better and safer for rear vision. I personally would do a standard setup just to be able and change whatever I need easier. Realistically though, only you can decide what works better for you and what sacrafices you are willing to make. Not trying to bash you bro, just giving my personal preferance. I say do whatever makes you happy though is the bottom line......just make a build log with lots of pics! LOL :popcorn:

would love to have a wall ,but I cant give up the back seats......the space is still needed. Seems to only work for ppl with SUVs and trucks

or random guys in neons and malibu's

Wall=wow factor+come steal me and no rear vision along with alot of other negatives. Standard=ease of manipulation in changing setup+possibly concealed better and safer for rear vision. I personally would do a standard setup just to be able and change whatever I need easier. Realistically though, only you can decide what works better for you and what sacrafices you are willing to make. Not trying to bash you bro, just giving my personal preferance. I say do whatever makes you happy though is the bottom line......just make a build log with lots of pics! LOL :popcorn:

You learn to work around the lack of a rear view....but damn its loud....

Yeah, he could always do a rear camera to make up for no view. I'm sure it's rediculously loud as hell and it probably depends on how much work he wants to put in. I'll still be watching to see which way this one goes.

Going for a score like that, at that frequency range, a wall is pretty much going to be the only answer.

Let me know when you want to build it. :)

After putting a wall in the Astro, I'll never own another vehicle without a wall. Right now I'm thinking about getting a newer crown vic and walling it with 4 15s. I've even thought about a Saturn Vue with 4 18s. I just like the feeling of getting hit in the back of the head with pure all out SPL.