sundownz

Sundown SA-8 Pre-Sale

4 SA-8's in 3 cubes, 2-4" round ports tuned to 37 Hz , and 1 SAZ-2000D. Not bad for 17 years old all outta my pocket right?

not bad. my question is who do you live with . also you might wanna rethink your port area. its not in an optimal range. depending what you are trying to do i guess. you will have port turbulence. make sure you at least flare it because you have like 8 sq inches of port per.

Edited by stealth

4 sa-8s in 3 cubes tunes to 33hz 2-6 inch round ports

2 saz1500ds eventually currently gonna be just one 1500d.

steve are you planning on going straight spl. by the looks of your tuning freq. i say no. but you might wanna try lower your port area a lil. youre at a little over 18 per and i think itll sound like doots that big. also for daily handling it looks like your gonna add choke power. mechanically handling will also drop with that port area.

im not mush of a box designer

but what do you guys think ?

2- SA-8's on 2 cubes , 1 32 hz slotted port ran by one sae1200D v.2?

sounds like my exact build. im going 33hz though.

12-16 sq in per cu ft. 3 cubes should see about 36 sq in of port minimum. 18.84 for each port. x2 =37.68 sq inches of port.

4 - D2 / SA8's in 5cu with 2 - 4" PSP's @ 33hz powered by a Sundown SAZ-1500D in a 07 Ford Escape

12-16 sq in per cu ft. 3 cubes should see about 36 sq in of port minimum. 18.84 for each port. x2 =37.68 sq inches of port.

sorry bro but your math is a little off. its 28.26 per port. double check it.

4 - D2 / SA8's in 5cu with 2 - 4" PSP's @ 33hz powered by a Sundown SAZ-1500D in a 07 Ford Escape

bro you could get much more output if you rethink your port area as well. you got like 5sq inches of port per cube. thats less than half of what it should be.

Yes your right. im new to round ports. i was given the wrong formula. got it now. Pi*R2

yup, glad you got it straightened out before the box was built.

Betcha mine sounds Great. 4 total cubes and the port opening is 65" sq.

This is for 2 8's on a saz 1500 @ 2 ohms.

Betcha mine sounds Great. 4 total cubes and the port opening is 65" sq.

This is for 2 8's on a saz 1500 @ 2 ohms.

actually yours is more geared for output... that is more than recommended port area. not sq oriented.

bro you could get much more output if you rethink your port area as well. you got like 5sq inches of port per cube. thats less than half of what it should be.

chuck, you need to check mike onthis,,,,

stealth has told you correctly....

your box needs 12-16 sq. in. of port area....

i go with large....16 sq. in. X 5 cubes is 80 sq. in. of port area......aeros like less..... .56% usually works well..... 44.8 sq. in of port area.... you have 25.12 with the two 4" aeros....( 2 * 2 * 3.14 * 2 = 25.12)

you need to get on mike soon.....

you could double it safely....or go with a sigle 8" port and have less port friction....or whatever they call it...

stealth, thank you for helping chuck out.

Well, thanks for the help fellas. As of right now the box is built so I guess I'll throw em in and give a listen once I get the 8's. If it ends up sounding like garbage I'll probably just have a slot port enclosure done instead.

Betcha mine sounds Great. 4 total cubes and the port opening is 65" sq.This is for 2 8's on a saz 1500 @ 2 ohms.
actually yours is more geared for output... that is more than recommended port area. not sq oriented.

Noit quite right it's a horn.

gallery_11399_358_897864.jpg

The line is around 7 ft long.

Edited by Soapbox

4 SA-8's in 3 cubes, 2-4" round ports tuned to 37 Hz , and 1 SAZ-2000D. Not bad for 17 years old all outta my pocket right?

not bad. my question is who do you live with . also you might wanna rethink your port area. its not in an optimal range. depending what you are trying to do i guess. you will have port turbulence. make sure you at least flare it because you have like 8 sq inches of port per.

I do live with my parents so that helps not having to pay rent yet haha but as far as all the rest of my stuff i pay for. umm ya the ports i bought are the 4" flared aeroports. Its gonna be my daily setup but if you have any recommendations im completely open to try them.

I had exchanged email with Jacob about a month ago and he told me that my box should be ok

I talked to my shipping company today and they said the container didn't make it Friday but was supposed to today -- they will let me know for sure once they check on it.

3.21 c.f. 35 hz. 52.875 in^2 port area.

Ranger extended cab driven by a 2000D ( 1 ohm )gallery_11963_390_6810.png

I had exchanged email with Jacob about a month ago and he told me that my box should be ok

yup, up to you man. but its al lil small. especially for aeros. generally aeros are more efficient, but you will hear port turbulence with that small of a port. do me a favor and at least make sure you flare them. that should help slightly.

Edited by stealth

I do live with my parents so that helps not having to pay rent yet haha but as far as all the rest of my stuff i pay for. umm ya the ports i bought are the 4" flared aeroports. Its gonna be my daily setup but if you have any recommendations im completely open to try them.

eastman, if you can add 1 more 4 inch port in there it would be perfect for daily. it would give approx 12.5 per.

3.21 c.f. 35 hz. 52.875 in^2 port area.

Ranger extended cab driven by a 2000D ( 1 ohm )gallery_11963_390_6810.png

this box should have some mean output.

eastman, if you can add 1 more 4 inch port in there it would be perfect for daily. it would give approx 12.5 per.

Okay man thanks for the help ill give it a try .. :D

They areos are actual PSP's so we'll see how things go. I may have another box on standby if this one doesn't work out.

Betcha mine sounds Great. 4 total cubes and the port opening is 65" sq.This is for 2 8's on a saz 1500 @ 2 ohms.

Noit quite right it's a horn.

gallery_11399_358_897864.jpg

The line is around 7 ft long.

well how come you didnt say so. :drink40: