Sign in to follow this  
stylezzz8o8

sundown 1500d's strapped

No issue, but it's minimum 30° C (86° F) in the shade down here, so all amps get hot but they do work as they should!

Yours never get hot? Damn...!

I live in Louisiana, I know all about hot weather. And my amps never get to hot to touch.

Yeah, I'm in Mississippi, my amps will go on playing for several hours in direct sunlight and not get hot.

Wow, difficult to believe.

But I will check that.

How can you play for hours , in the sun, and your amp never gets hot?

There's a trick? :)

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I don't have AC either.

Yersterday he was asking me for fans !!!

We will think about it soon.

Thanks

BTW : I have no voltage drop, always above 13.4 v with a/c on, and I have not done the Big3 yet! :(

But I know I will upgrade the electrical system someday, with new batt(s).

You need to take care of the Big 3 ASAP, or at least do the two ground wires and do the positive wire later (believe me those will help in voltage and amps temperature). Just my .02

No issue, but it's minimum 30° C (86° F) in the shade down here, so all amps get hot but they do work as they should!

Yours never get hot? Damn...!

I live in Louisiana, I know all about hot weather. And my amps never get to hot to touch.

Yeah, I'm in Mississippi, my amps will go on playing for several hours in direct sunlight and not get hot.

Now thats some BS unless your talking about a cool day with the sun out. I live in Texas and when I get in the car on hot days my amp is already hot just due to the temperature in the trunk alone and there not in direct sunlight. Be realistic when posting please!

I will do the Big3 as soon as I can. The alternator is not easily reachable, I have to take some parts off before, and I'm not good at mechanics, or at electricity!!!

I think the amps grounds are not so bad, but it's worth checking them again.

I already have the 0 ga ground on the battery. It helped a lot for the electrical, I could see it on my voltmeter.

I will tell you the improvements.

I will do the Big3 as soon as I can. The alternator is not easily reachable, I have to take some parts off before, and I'm not good at mechanics, or at electricity!!!

I already have the 0 ga ground on the battery. It helped a lot for the electrical, I could see it on my voltmeter.

Actually add one more 1/0 awg wire to that batteries ground terminal to cars frame and it will help out even more (trust me I did it and it keeps my voltage steady and I have a higher voltage when car is cut on and or while off).

Thank you Jay-Cee, they were trying to fool me!!!!!!!! Lol

My amps get hot, but you can't cook on them, you can still touch them without getting burnt!!!

The saz gets hotter than the 50.4, and I am cool with that.

I will work on the electrical part, when I'm on holidays, sooooon !!!!!!!

Actually add one more 1/0 awg wire to that batteries ground terminal to cars frame and it will help out even more (trust me I did it and it keeps my voltage steady and I have a higher voltage when car is cut on and or while off).

ooh cool, that's easy to do!!

next week

Yersterday he was asking me for fans !!!

We will think about it soon.

Thanks

BTW : I have no voltage drop, always above 13.4 v with a/c on, and I have not done the Big3 yet! :(

But I know I will upgrade the electrical system someday, with new batt(s).

That's voltage drop good fellow. Vehicle charges at 14.4, if your not at 14.4 then you has drop.

And unless your alt is making more power then your using, then you has drop as well.

14.4 all vehicles? I don't think so!! Not my Toyota. lol

in theory 14.4v.

But I admit that my electrical system is not the best at all!!!

Sign in to follow this