B7L|BL4Z3R

Dbl Bellys S10 Build.

Well im re building.. i have had this planned for awhile but i hate going to build logs with no pictures so i figured i would start it as soon as i get a few. i got all my wood and got it cut today. i have a few pic of it set up in the back of my blazer but not put together. Just to get a feel. my setup is 1 fi btl 18" with a rockford t30001bd wired to 1 ohm. my old box was 9.xx cubes tuned to 32 hz but i thought it was too large so i am building a box that is 7.8cubes after displacement tuned to 30 hz. All i have is crappy cell pic so here they are..

inblaze.jpg

wood2.jpg

wood1.jpg

sideback.jpg

dbbaffel.jpg

inside.jpg

tailpic.jpg

Moar power?popcorn.gif

im kind of embarrassed how this turned out due to our local lumber show cant cut worth a shit but i guess ill post it anyways. i was going to speckle spray it but now im going to have to carpet it i tried sanding it down but it does it no justice. ill keep posting pictures of the progress. Oh and im terrible with a jig saw so my counter sink got raped and im going to try to make a new one and get my hands on a router so it looks nice. ill keep coming with the pics.

topopenside.jpg

sideopen.jpg

port.jpg

btl.jpg

I thought that I saw a post by Jacob saying that carpet can decrease db's slightly. If that means anything to you. I havent a clue why though.

It doesnt look bad at all. I use wood filler when needed but its very time consuming to layer it right. Carpet will be much faster.

ty, oh i didnt know that about the carpet. but i think im going to carpet it and maybe make something cool with it like the fi logo sticking out i need some ideas..

If you dont worry about numbers then it wont matter.

Ive seen some cool raised lettering done but so has everyone else. What part of the box were you planning on doing the design at?

interesting you are tuning lower while going to a smaller box...will be interesting to see the results. carpet lowers DB's at a minimal, if you are a meter watcher maybe it matters, but just a daily driver, you wont' notice it to the ear. carpet is a natural insulator as it is mostly air, therefore it will absorb some of the sound. that's why MDF is so commonly used in box building, it is dense, therefore less "air" in it than normal plywood or particle board, which absorbs less sound resulting in higher db's. HDF is a newer type of wood, more pricey and tough to find, but works great. (just not with your tools) other wood that's great but again more pricey is birch...

blazer, you got vids of old system?

no i dont i didnt have a good enough electrical to really sit on one spot and make a video..

i built a little amp rack didnt take any pictures its really not worthy for pictures but i figured i would update.. batterys next week!!

really? maybe if you want to make a trip to hastings sometime myabe you can show me your shit and i will show you waht i got.. i am getting batts either this week or next

yeah im going to put the 1800 under the hood a 1400 in the back then next month get another 1400 for the back with a bus bar.

got more done lastnight. mac n cheese came over and hooked me up BIG time with some 8awg and some 1/0 awg that was greatly needed. i mounted my amp to my seats and re did my fuses like pulled the wire out and re did it all

got more done lastnight. mac n cheese came over and hooked me up BIG time with some 8awg and some 1/0 awg that was greatly needed. i mounted my amp to my seats and re did my fuses like pulled the wire out and re did it all

Keep the work up man, any pictures of this or the setup where it is now.