kross6622

Need 6.5 Midbass

Hey i have heard of people having 6.5" components from AA, and etc... im looking for a pair that get loud and good. Currently running a set of mb quart premiums and one of the 6.5 drivers is messed up not sure whats wrong with it so i am looking for a new pair. I was thinking of getting some CDT's but i was going to see if anyone knew if AA had 6.5 drivers. I emailed nick with no response so i am sure hes busy. Anyone know if they make them still and if so how much... dont need xovers or anything just the midbass drivers.

I'm pretty sure, they still make them. Are you going to run them active?

Try emailing nick again, make sure you put AA6.5 carbons in the subject line.

ill give him a week, hes a busy guy and right now im trying to figure out whats wrong with the one i got now, hopefully i can figure out whats wrong. And i would more then likely use them passive with the mb quart crossovers but i have no problem switching to active. Right now my build is SPL so i need something to get loud without sounding bad, the mb quarts dont sound as good as my bostons did in my old car but they get much louder. I got a Fi BTL and love the quality of it so i figured i would see what they had to offer since i seen a few installs with AA components...

Thanks for the response, hopefully he will chime in or someone will with a little more info...

Edited by kross6622

Useing that crossover on the AA may not be a good idea.

Do you need a midbass or a midrange? Since you don't need crossovers what are you going to use? (if you answer is the one from the MB Q's then you need to rethink your answer as that won't work).

CDT's and midbass aren't normally used in the same sentence, not their strength.

I don't know what email I do and don't have at this point..we've been in the process of moving and things have been a bit insane and I haven't sat down on email for quite a few days.

Gotta run them active...it's not hard to do and fairly affordable..

Look into units from audiocontrol or pickup an old unit from phoenix gold!

I meant mid range.... i can get a bnib with warranty cdt component set for 220 with carbon fiber cone... And how much do the AA's run, i realize the crossover wont work.

Nick, no hurry but if you see my email just give me a shout back... thanks

Keep in mind the AA mids are 7", not the standard size 6.5" or 6.75" mid.

They are awesome mids/midbass. I ran mine from 57 Hz to 2350 Hz with the active XO's in the Kicker SX amps.

PM me a zip code and I will get you info on them.

Brian