sikotik13

A Deployed Audiophile

Hey everyone!

Guess I'll start with the basics:

Car: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT2 (Basically stock, although I would like to mod it for performance somewhat)

Stereo:

HU: Kenwood something or other with USB and aux on the front (not bad, but planning on switching out for a Clarion touchscreen)

Infinity Kappa coax 6.5s in the front doors (2-way)

Infinity Kappa coax 6x9s on the back deck (2 way)

Some random Kenwood 12s in the trunk (bought em off a friend that was getting out of the army and needed the cash)

Autotek 4-way (200 total, I can't remember the model or exact specs, it's been a while)

Kenwood 8013D for the subs

Me:

Deployed (yes, it's ghey), and will be without my love (the car) until mid 2011. Planning on basically ripping out everything in her and starting fresh with some secondskin deadening. Found this place through FI subs, which were recommended to me by empororjj over at secondskin's forums. Not planning on making a competition system, but will likely end up show quality when I'm done. I have about a year and a half to plan this and save up, and I'm a DIY nut, so it should be special :)

Already looking at:

KnuKonceptz wiring from the big 3 on back along with a more powerful alternator, already ordered another Autotek 4 channel amp to power the Infinity Kappa perfects I'm ordering as soon as someone has them on sale. I personally like the Autotek I have, and since I highly doubt I will ever push it to it's limits, hopefully I'll never run into the power issues described. Looking at getting 2 FI q12s and making a custom sealed enclosure to mount to the false floor I'm putting in the trunk. Haven't picked an amp to run them yet, and I think they may be a little overkill, since I'm going for clarity, not necessarily volume. Out of curiosity, would they still move air properly with say about 800 rms each? If I can get a good grasp on making it, I may also replace some stuff with fiberglass (like the back deck), and add 4 more speakers to the main cabin. Ideally, another set of components for the back doors, and maybe have some 6 and 8 midbass drivers on the back deck. Dunno, and open to suggestions.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell :)

Edited by sikotik13

Glad you could join us man :wavey5:

Glad you could join us man :wavey5:

Glad to be among adults interested in exchanging information for the betterment of all our musical enjoyment :D

Welcome

Welcome to the site man!! Man you must be Army with a deployment this damn long!!!! Where did you go anyways? Its good you still have some internet i know when i was over there i was asking everyone i could about if i was gonna have internet or not, even ended up calling Afghanistan to make sure HAHAAHAHA!!! Well man be safe over there, and i hope you can make a decision in the 15 months you have!! Let me know also if i can help you with any products in your performance area., check the sig. Talk to you later.

Welcome to the site man!! Man you must be Army with a deployment this damn long!!!! Where did you go anyways? Its good you still have some internet i know when i was over there i was asking everyone i could about if i was gonna have internet or not, even ended up calling Afghanistan to make sure HAHAAHAHA!!! Well man be safe over there, and i hope you can make a decision in the 15 months you have!! Let me know also if i can help you with any products in your performance area., check the sig. Talk to you later.

lol, I'm in Iraq. I guess I phrased that badly, I'll be over here til mid next year, then about a year in Germany. It'll be convenient for buying a cheap beater to drive around while I fix my baby up, at least :)

Welcome to SSA, glad you found us, and thank you for your service. Looks like you have plenty of time to plan. :)

*Quietly sneaks back in*

So, after an absence of far too long, I'm back. Going on leave here in a few weeks, and planning to get the power stuff taken care of. Also, got the components I was looking for to put in. Also, I figure since no one ever seems to do a lot of logging what a pain in the ass it can be to get stuff done in an '04 GP, I'll try to get a photo-log of everything I do. Hope it won't look like crap, lol. I got quite a bit of stuff for the exterior of the car as well (run in with a concrete wall and an oil slick o.o), so it'll be kind of an overall transformation thing, but my main focus is the audio. I'll check back in later :D

I'm in the Army, Cabl