stevemead08

steve 09 silverado crew cab

if you look in the picture of me rolling on the fat mat look up bu the window theres a matal loop it feeds through and wouldnt fit. The middle seat would never be used anyway.

wow my spelling sucks ass today! you get the point

hmmmmm, well if you ever need help dont be afraid to give a holler, i aint ever doing anything.

hmmmmm, well if you ever need help dont be afraid to give a holler, i aint ever doing anything.

what side of town you on? appreciate the offer might take you up on it.

out in crosby

northeast houston, but i usually go out to spring/cypress/humble area quite often when theres nothing to do out here

While this is clever

silveradoproject024.jpg

I wouldn't call it safe. I'd SERIOUSLY think about beefing that up in a different way and not using it as is. Don't mean to burst the bubble on some otherwise nice work, but I'd hate to see you get hurt.

well im open to suggestions... there is six feet on the floor and 3 steel hooks holding it up. bubble not bursted. there is three steel 3 in. wide hooks the seat is supported with attached to the back of the cab. i am willing to change it up if you can come up with a "safer" solution.

I just destroyed my Silverado in a Walmart parking lot....Gaaaaah

Time to buy another one!

Ok heres an update. i got the BIG three done in 1/0 knukoncepts as well as power and ground ran all the way back to the cab to my "power station" i was really thinking about what ///M5 said about the safty of the back seats raised the way they were and second guessed my idea, them my wife screams, i run, shes finally pregnant.( been trying for over a year) happy day for me... bad for a 12" btl under the seat. now im back to step one. im gonna lower the seat down to just over an inch of lift mostly because of M5 then my wife sealed the deal. cant put a car seat on a seat i dont trust even 99%.

well congrats and family safety over bump anyday :drink40:

Most seat lifts are blocks that are perhaps more rugged than the stock even. I lifted mine 3/4" and kept all the stock mounting hardware.

well congrats and family safety over bump anyday :drink40:

Thanks dude. still gonna have bump just not sure what yet. have the 8s in the back doors and maybe the other set in the front doors this weekend after i get more deadener. main subs still un decided. anybody wanna buy a 3.6 cube silverado crew box??? lol

Most seat lifts are blocks that are perhaps more rugged than the stock even. I lifted mine 3/4" and kept all the stock mounting hardware.

i need quite a bit more to fit something worth changing. 4 re8 on a 1500d hits pretty hard....but not like a btl.

Here is some pics of the new power wires. 75 feet of knu 1/0 power and ground. added 1/0 in addition to existing big 3 locations

silveradoproject059-1.jpg

the old crappy 1/0silveradoproject064.jpg i bought these 40 dollar fancy knu krap! i busted two fittings out of the first 4 i did. i scrapped that idea.silveradoproject066.jpg

Alt 1/0 knusilveradoproject069.jpgsilveradoproject072.jpgsilveradoproject073.jpgsilveradoproject074.jpg every fitting is soldered and solid as a rock

silveradoproject076.jpg my power center straight off the battery.

To get an idea of what a safe seat lift is search for IBThumpin lift kits on fullsizechevy.com in the electronics section. It would give you an idea how to make them safely ;)

To get an idea of what a safe seat lift is search for IBThumpin lift kits on fullsizechevy.com in the electronics section. It would give you an idea how to make them safely ;)

ill check it out now. thanks m5

The link for fullsizechevy.com refers to the 99-07 classic rear seat's and is also the extended cab if you haven't looked already. I did a seat lift on my '04 that worked awesome but it's a different for the newer models. I also have an '09 crew and i haven't thought about how i'm going to lift the seat yet and honestly it's hard for me to take apart my new truck...lol. It also looks more difficult to lift than the older version. I hope you'll let us know if you lift it and your results.

what Ill be doing is putting 3/4" worth of washers underneath it LOL

Did it in my 07 gmc crew cab and never had an issue. I couldve probably gotten 1 1/4" and still have enough thread to bolt it back down

what Ill be doing is putting 3/4" worth of washers underneath it LOL

Did it in my 07 gmc crew cab and never had an issue. I couldve probably gotten 1 1/4" and still have enough thread to bolt it back down

*cringes*

So ive been kinda slackin on picture uploads. here we go. box is 3.0 cubes net @38 hz. two 4 inch round ports

6x re audio re8. i also got my re components installed and front doors deadened.

these pics were taken over 2 months ago. i change my mind often.

im already working on a new box for 4 sundown sa-8s and an active crossover set up via carputer.

this is the old/current box

silveradoproject009.jpg

silveradoproject012.jpgsilveradoproject013.jpg

silveradoproject014.jpgsilveradoproject016.jpg

silveradoproject019.jpgsilveradoproject018.jpgsilveradoproject017.jpg

silveradoproject007-2.jpg dual 4 inch pvc ports

silveradoproject003-1.jpg

silveradoproject004-2.jpg

silveradoproject001-1.jpgsilveradoproject006-2.jpg

silveradoproject011-1.jpg

silveradoproject010-1.jpg re comps

silveradoproject009-2.jpgre comps

the smell is fiberglass and burnt voice coil. the 1500d is holding up incredibly under 1 ohm but the lil re8s cant hang.